+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion what happen to testing 5 man PM for CQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    This is not true. If you have 4 people forming pms. 2 will almost always get stacked no matter what. That right there is a very elementary example to show that stacking pms can still be the result of players and have nothing to do with Trion matching system at all.

Explain to me how 2 raids are able to guarantee a stack on the same faction.

Oh. You can't. Okay.

Because no one can do that on purpose. You click the join button and the rest is chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Don't even go there. The way Trion is using the word "exploit" is nowhere close to the way I am. "Quack, quack." There is a difference when the company allows and knows the potential exploits and lets it happen and one that doesn't know and cares that it is happening.

They know the potential exploiting going on with forming PM's vs. Pugs.

Not everyone who joins the game knows about HK and the premade channel. Tons of NEW players are currently being farmed out in cq. I know someone who didn't hear about HK channel for the last 3 months they have been playing the game until I told them about it.

Also, not everyone is getting into premades. That is a joke. I have been told "...we are full" like a dozen times in the last 2 weeks.

Some new leaders see a specific person is forming and they just decide to not form to the point that those veteran leaders are forming in secret so they have people to farm.

I know other premade leaders are forming in secret as well. And they use that channel to see who is forming so that they can intentionally form against them.
    What in the actual **** are you smoking?

If you're getting a reply from a lead that they are full then they either have enough of a certain spec or are completely full. Second, leaders not forming in channels are likely forming with their guild. Rgi always asks his guild members BEFORE going in HK chat. Same with a few other leads.

As a CQ lead, I can say that I have never stopped forming based on who else was forming or who else could be forming. Other leads normally form when they see there will be competition.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Let me educate you (you sure you play the game), every day you get a reward for doing one random WF. lol it's called a...... daily.
    Your terminology made it seem like there was a daily quest. I rarely do Wf's so I don't care about charges or dailies.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Kronos v on a serious note. I hope you are all safe up there in Queensland with the cyclone tonight. Stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    Yah, Kronos hope you're hunkered down and cyclone safe as you can be!
    I'm fine thanks

though the cyclone made landfall as a category 5 tropical cyclone, by the time it had reached me it had wound down to just a severe thunderstorm.

Trion what happen to testing 5 man PM for CQ?-cyclone-cats.jpg

I'd have replied earlier, but an raider took exception to my preference for pvp over exploiting raid content, and had me sent to the back of the bus. lesson learned, know your place and don't drink from the same water fountain as raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    never refer to any location in Australia as "up there" they take great pride in being "down under"
    Queensland is often referred to as the "top end" of Australia, and saying "up there" is perfectly fine for those south of the tweed.

did you know that cyclones in australia spin backwards just like Toilets in Australia Flow counter clock wise "Coriolis effect".
    Tropical cyclones in the southern hemisphere spin clockwise.

its also a fact that 60% of Australians will get attacked by dingo 100% the time during there infancy years.
    like drop bears, Dingoes mostly prefer tourists.

since 1981 the king of Australia has made it law that the song land down under has to be played before school and and any major sporting events.

http://youtu.be/XfR9iY5y94s
    we have a Queen, and we elected this guy who cant dance to a senior government position, and no child is allowed to graduate high school until they can perform at least one ACDC song on air guitar (which was invented by Australia).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Premades are fine if the matching system actually worked as intended.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 02-21-2015 at 12:12 PM.

I relented and did another CQ this morning. Played for Dom. By time I had finished the turrets on our one extractor (5%). NS I think it was had 61%. At that point it went to the timer. Under 5 minutes.

Is this the approved TRION plan where one PreMade rolls into town, clears the timer in under 5 and farm the rewards? Vaguely reminds me of the favored RAIDER status.

YOU GUYS EVER SEEN A BIG CREW YOU DIDN'T WANTA FALL DOWN AND WORSHIP!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #68
    Rift Team

Still on the list of things to get done folks.

It is in JIRA (our tracking software) assigned to an engineer, and prioritized vs their other tasks.

When we talk about future stuff, you cannot assume it is going to land in one week, or two weeks. It will be tested when it is done, no one is ignoring this.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Explain to me how 2 raids are able to guarantee a stack on the same faction.

Oh. You can't. Okay.

Because no one can do that on purpose. You click the join button and the rest is chance.
    Do you really not see how 2 out of 4 premades always happens? I mean literally the only way that you could have a "perfect" system would be if there were 3 premades and they landed on all three factions... regardless with 4.... there will always be a faction with 2 premades every time!
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    JIRA
    Trion what happen to testing 5 man PM for CQ?-agile-programing.jpg
    /10chars
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post

Some new leaders see a specific person is forming and they just decide to not form to the point that those veteran leaders are forming in secret so they have people to farm.

I know other premade leaders are forming in secret as well. And they use that channel to see who is forming so that they can intentionally form against them.
    Yeah, nowadays CQ premades are smarter.

They don't farm the pugs from the word 'Go!'. They let them get a few extractors, and even let them win a few faction vs faction battles, then when pug numbers on the other 2 opposing factions get big enough, "choo! choo!" premade farm train!
    Last edited by Observers; 02-23-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Observers View Post
    Yeah, nowadays CQ premades are smarter.

They don't farm the pugs from the word 'Go!'. They let them get a few extractors, and even let them win a few faction vs faction battles, then when pug numbers on the other 2 opposing factions get big enough, "choo! choo!" premade farm train!
    Farmers have known for thousands of years that you don't harvest seedlings.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Still on the list of things to get done folks.

It is in JIRA (our tracking software) assigned to an engineer, and prioritized vs their other tasks.

When we talk about future stuff, you cannot assume it is going to land in one week, or two weeks. It will be tested when it is done, no one is ignoring this.

~Daglar
    Thanks for letting us know. I'm keen to see how it works out.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

If not limiting the groups to 5 players, then how about limiting the groups to Raids. If you do NOT have a 20 man raid group, you cannot join CQ. This holds true until all teams have 2 raids on them. Then single queuing is allowed.

Edit: Of course, this would also require the creation of a channel for forming CQ groups, and a notification that CQ would begin about 10 minutes prior to its start, so people could form their groups together.
    Last edited by Mortiferous; 02-24-2015 at 01:08 PM.
    Mortiferous@Laethys
    Guild Leader of Random Aggression

Yes, Mortiferous' Source Engine / Sigil is named after me.

Rift Disciple

I only solo queue for WF and CQ, and I do that for a reason.

I want every PVP game I play to be different. I like the randomness of the teams' compositions and gear/skill-levels and the challenge of adapting my playstyle to benefit my team in a balanced matchup.

I don't want to play with the same NTE/raid geared, experienced team (of premades) and do the same facerolling stuff (to green gear pugs) most of the time; that would be too close to PVE for my comfort.
    Last edited by Observers; 02-25-2015 at 01:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast