+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 121
Like Tree64Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP exploit on antichamber

  1. #76
    Plane Walker regall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I'm just wondering (though I'm yet to experience this in the chamber). If someone is pulled into the spawnsite can they work the programming so that they bounce off the 'invisible wall' rather than being ported?
    The ability still works right? Just doesn't superiorly disadvantage the other player.

    /shrug

  2. #77
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Am I the only one here who doesn't mind this WF? If people want to complain, complain about Port Scion please.
    It depends entirely on the quality of the team you are placed with. If I get a good team that prioritizes flag-snatching and defence, I rather enjoy it. If I am on a team that zergs Spire and makes no effort for the enemy flag, I seethe.

    It has gotten better recently, though there are still people who don't quite understand the mechanics (such as the fact that I can't turn in the damned flag until we regain our flag, goddammit ). But it will get better with time as people become more versed in the mechanics of the map.

  3. #78
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regall View Post
    I'm just wondering (though I'm yet to experience this in the chamber). If someone is pulled into the spawnsite can they work the programming so that they bounce off the 'invisible wall' rather than being ported?
    The ability still works right? Just doesn't superiorly disadvantage the other player.

    /shrug
    Or maybe they could just disable all non-buff skills in spawn locations. If Trion wanted players to end up in enemy spawn locations, they would've built stairs for players to walk up there.

    The antechamber exploit is especially obnoxious, obviously, since the exploiter uses it to avoid PVP. But it shouldn't be possible in any WF.

  4. #79
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    BLIGHTED ANTECHAMBER
    * Added line of sight blockers to the starting platforms. Players will no longer be able to attack from on top of your starting platform
    .

  5. #80
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    ^^^ Absolutely pathetic and another reason on the list to never click that "Rift.exe".

    This was not an issue, this "issue" easily could have the tables turned on it by executing the abilities people have at hand.

    To me it looks like devs just threw a bone to the squeaky wheel.

    This is messatsu....
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  6. #81
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Well, that was fast.

    Good job, devs. Good job, OP, too.

  7. #82
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    ^^^ Absolutely pathetic and another reason on the list to never click that "Rift.exe".

    This was not an issue, this "issue" easily could have the tables turned on it by executing the abilities people have at hand.

    To me it looks like devs just threw a bone to the squeaky wheel.

    This is messatsu....
    how exactly do u deal with someone porting you back to your base?

    i personally had this done to me but then again i avoid that map like a plague.

  8. #83
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Thanks for fixing this devs! And in a promptly manner, to boot.

  9. #84
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    PVP AND WARFRONTS

    BLIGHTED ANTECHAMBER
    * Nerfed Kronos.
    and dumbed down pvp gets a little dumber

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  10. #85
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    how exactly do u deal with someone porting you back to your base?

    i personally had this done to me but then again i avoid that map like a plague.
    stealth. if I cant see you, I cant pull you.
    CC. if I'm stunned, I cant pull you.
    CC. if you pull me down first, I cant pull you.
    Speed. jumps/charges/teleports. if you cross the "danger zone" quickly, I might not be quick enough to pull you.
    tactics. if multiple team members come in from multiple directions, I cant pull them all.
    CC immunities. some buffs provide immunity to pulls. if someone else has recently pulled you, you will be temporarily immune.

    if you cant think of a way for your class to deal with it, you don't know your class well enough.
    pvp must be hard for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  11. #86
    Champion of Telara Stihl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    and dumbed down pvp gets a little dumber
    lol. When Trion does nothing you fully back their stance and use their inaction as justification. When they eliminate the ability to pull from spawn they are now dumbing down pvp and nerfing you.

    Don't get me wrong, as I mentioned the mechanic was fine, the map design was poor. But still, I find humor in the 180.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #87
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area - California
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Hi. Just wanted to let you know the reason for my change to BA. You are correct that it is not an exploit. While players had options to deal with this, (i.e. If you can pull them, they can pull you.) the reason that the change had to be made was two-fold.

    1.) It's not just the grip-port back to base, but risk free ranged attacks from above, encouraging a turtle mechanic instead of a run through the maze.

    2.) In every other WF where enemies can get close to your base they don't HAVE to, but with the flag they have to come to the base.

    I love that players used the map as a weapon. That was a major portion of my design philosophy for this WF. However, it must be said that the penalty for getting caught, in a place you need to go to play the map, was far too harsh.

  13. #88
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    stealth. if I cant see you, I cant pull you.
    CC. if I'm stunned, I cant pull you.
    CC. if you pull me down first, I cant pull you.
    Speed. jumps/charges/teleports. if you cross the "danger zone" quickly, I might not be quick enough to pull you.
    tactics. if multiple team members come in from multiple directions, I cant pull them all.
    CC immunities. some buffs provide immunity to pulls. if someone else has recently pulled you, you will be temporarily immune.

    if you cant think of a way for your class to deal with it, you don't know your class well enough.
    pvp must be hard for you.

    stealth? is this a joke im in your base because im trying to take your flag, all not all classes get stealth
    stun? yeah theres no such thing as break free
    speed boost? are you kidding me? again if im in your base im trying to take your flag or getting your team to drop ours.
    multiple people? what? im pretty sure vk can pull several people at once.
    immunity to pulls only happen after you;ve been pulled

    did you seriously type all that garbage as a real argument.

  14. #89
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    ^^^ Absolutely pathetic and another reason on the list to never click that "Rift.exe".

    This was not an issue, this "issue" easily could have the tables turned on it by executing the abilities people have at hand.

    To me it looks like devs just threw a bone to the squeaky wheel.

    This is messatsu....
    It was an issue. One that could be countered, yes, but still an issue that gave a single spec too much influence over the map from a 'hidden' location. In the end, Trion decided that hiding at spawn and AoEing (or pulling) the objective was not something they wanted to encourage.

    It is amusing when one or two clever players discover it and use it to troll the other team. But once the word had spread, the tactic would have likely spread and caused mass annoyance for those who want to PvP, rather than play pong.

  15. #90
    Champion Azuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    and dumbed down pvp gets a little dumber
    Does the hill above the right core in KR count? Cause that's where I know you like to hang out ;)
    ~Belisama

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts