+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Port Scion

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaia View Post
    Is it even possible to run 10 stones for the achievement now? It's the last one I need for the Lady of War title, and I only got to run 3 stones before my team won last night. The most I had gotten before was 8. I've wanted this for a long time and now it seems impossible unless I can get 40 people to stand around while I run stones.
    you'll never get it

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    you'll never get it
    Pfft, it has been impossible before, like when the original Whitefall was there (well for 99% of us anyway). It will change again, a bit early to go ballistic over the Scion changes already, even if it is completely silly atm.
    Personally I blame all the Scion haters who never took the time to understand it instead of fighting over the bridge forever and ever.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    They should change the idols to dragons. And the dragons should spit out red aoe. And possibly a brown aoe you can't see because devs like to choose aoe colors that are hard to see.
    We were just talking about adding ultra-violet damage markers to the game...

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kimatsu View Post
    The changes that made idols worth so many points now is just silly.

Less than 3 minutes into the match score was 250 to 600. Match was over in less than 8.

It's not even about the PVP any longer in Scion,.. It's now become which team can herd their cats to the idols faster, then DPS down the inanimate object's health pool.

Please either tone down the points for idols, or what I would prefer, just bring it back to what it was and leave it alone.

As rare as Scion popped, I didn't see why any changes needed to me made at all.
    We can look at modifying the scoring on the idols.

The changes to warfronts were primarily triggered by reviewing the win/tie times and ending conditions for all of the warfronts over thousands upon thousands of maps.

Port Scion was quite often, going until its old maximum time limit, this was from feedback reports from players - not fun. So we adjusted it.

If the pendulum has swung one way to far, we can certainly scale back a bit.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    We can look at modifying the scoring on the idols.

The changes to warfronts were primarily triggered by reviewing the win/tie times and ending conditions for all of the warfronts over thousands upon thousands of maps.

Port Scion was quite often, going until its old maximum time limit, this was from feedback reports from players - not fun. So we adjusted it.

If the pendulum has swung one way to far, we can certainly scale back a bit.

~Daglar
    Too. .

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaia View Post
    Is it even possible to run 10 stones for the achievement now? It's the last one I need for the Lady of War title, and I only got to run 3 stones before my team won last night. The most I had gotten before was 8. I've wanted this for a long time and now it seems impossible unless I can get 40 people to stand around while I run stones.
    I haven't been in scion much recently, but some months ago i did this achiv with a friend helping me. Ask someone that helps carry other stones to drop them infront of the deliver npc. Then you deliver yours and pick his/hers up and deliver it.

With the current point system i have no clue how viable this is though.

Champion

Thank you for listening. It just needs a reduction of the points distribution a little. The other maps seem ok with the new changes but this one just seems to be over done.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    If the purple bubble ports me back to Meridian, I am okay with that. Consider it a free Soul Recall. We'll call it the Mickeydayblind blurble.
    That's Mickdayblind ty and it ports you to my dimension and will not let you go till I get the +1.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

I have always liked Port. It just went for to long. What was it at 45 min? Make it 25 min if it's not there already and fix OP suggestions.

I remember when no one use to go for the boss, don't think anyone knew you could kill him and win. Have all the achievement so don't care about any changes, still I would like it to go back to the point where killing the boss is an option again. It has become a bit hard to kill him these days.

This is the odd WF after all that always took longer than the rest. It is also the WF that was the best for weekly carnage kills.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Sounds like a new promo event in the making. Add in RAVE glow sticks, black light dimension items, boom, money.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Thank you for listening. It just needs a reduction of the points distribution a little. The other maps seem ok with the new changes but this one just seems to be over done.
    Went ahead and returned idol killing to its old value - this also affects the church boss.

This should go out in the next normal hotfix.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Really think Idols need a boost in health also. Before 3.0, it at least took a couple minutes to take them down with 4 people. Now they seem to drop super quick with 4 dps.

Rift is becoming Cat-2-Win!

(cat's vision extends into the ultra violet)

*starts training a cat to alert me when it sees a bubble*

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    I haven't been in scion much recently, but some months ago i did this achiv with a friend helping me. Ask someone that helps carry other stones to drop them infront of the deliver npc. Then you deliver yours and pick his/hers up and deliver it.

With the current point system i have no clue how viable this is though.
    Hmm, that could work. I have been able to get 4-5 stones in the new PS, so if I had a couple people helping in this manner, should be doable. Thanks.

Plane Walker

Went ahead and returned idol killing to its old value - this also affects the church boss.

This should go out in the next normal hotfix.

~Daglar
    I think you should consider reducing points for stones too.

The fun aspect of Port Scion was that you had alternative ways of winning, either stones or final boss. You always had a shot to catch up.

It was maybe a bit too slow, but it didn't need such drastic changes. After these changes, the boss wasn't even a viable strategy anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast