+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Limiting CQ premade sizes would be a horrible idea

XTK

Default Limiting CQ premade sizes would be a horrible idea

There would practically be no benefit at all.
    The PVP community would die even more. (Maybe that's what Trion has been trying to do though)

Please do not change CQ PM sizes. I know for myself, I would lose A LOT of interest in this game to the point of probably quitting.

If you ARE going to change CQ PM sizes to 5. You might as well change raids to 5 also and make people just party que together and hope it works. That is effectively what you are doing.
    Think about it

Make CQ real PVP, that's the problem.

It's time for zergfests to come to an end and PVP to happen in a more fair manner.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

XTK

Lowering the PM size would not change that in the slightest

Prophet of Telara

There was no reason to start another thread about it, but in case Devs miss the other one im going to post my arguments why it is a good change.

This is a great idea for off hours where one side gets 20+ players and others 2-5 players each. There's no way for them to stop a faction which have 2-3x the numbers often better geared players.

Limit of 5 players per premade will greatly reduce the problem of unbalanced games. This comes from someone who wants to play good and balanced match, not some roflstomp 5-10min rush without any fights.

People who are against this simply want to abuse current system and get free-fast-wins without any real competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

XTK

So the only reason is because of off hours? that seems BS to me

Plane Touched

I fully support the limit to small team of 5 people queing up as it will bring far more interesting games. It will upset the elite crew of people who was able rack up over 20 plus wins per week and the scoreboard reading 2000/0/0 in the first 5mins should be a thing of the past.

i don't think this was the right choice. a 10 minute queue before cq is supposed to start that allows players to queue into a faction, including premades, that ensures at least 20 players are on each faction before cq starts would be best. pm's could still queue in but at the start of a match they would immediately face a team of equal numbers rather than the 20+ vs 5 vs 5 we see at times.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i don't think this was the right choice. a 10 minute queue before cq is supposed to start that allows players to queue into a faction, including premades, that ensures at least 20 players are on each faction before cq starts would be best. pm's could still queue in but at the start of a match they would immediately face a team of equal numbers rather than the 20+ vs 5 vs 5 we see at times.
    And the reality has been for the most part of three years....

cQ farming.

Even an addon made just for CQ timer. Think about that one.

In the random 20 CQs i popped into every single one was a blowout loss. I never stay in CQ long due to the nature of one faction completely dominating.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-23-2015 at 05:09 PM.

They could just let the market decide.

Give 2 CQ options

One pure random and other PM only and see which one players join.

Also how many of these threads are gonna pop up? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    And the reality has been for the most part of three years....

cQ farming.

Even an addon made just for CQ timer. Think about that one.

In the random 20 CQs i popped into every single one was a blowout loss. I never stay in CQ long due to the nature of one faction completely dominating.
    CQ was a bit better before 3.0 I would stay even if it was just for the dreaded CQ power.

Now people have no reason to stay so 90% of CQ matches are empty once the PM takes over.

Gonna repost this at the risk of receiving an infarction xD:

10 would be a better idea IF your premade is pretty much your own group that you can run around with [so you can make a mini siege team]. However, 5 or 10, it's the same idea, you are going to be placed into a team of players [15 or 10, respectively].

Which means, CQ doesn't really change, except for a bit more randomization.

1. You will still have 5+ 20-man groups that you didn't enter CQ with/not part of your premade; and you will still have to lead/control them just as you do now.
    2. You will still have your own 20-man group, just not everyone of your selection but you can still organize them to whatever suits you.
    Or you know, break away from the group you are given and start a new group while recruiting in CQ chat for whatever comp you feel best.

It doesn't change anything really.

I am only against this because this is not the change that'll benefit CQ but either way, the only people who are for this is those that do not understand CQ [as Meph said] and those who are against this are people who cannot lead/succeed without the comfort of having the 20-best/trusted players online at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    Gonna repost this at the risk of receiving an infarction xD:.
    the risk of receiving an infarction xD:.
    receiving an infarction xD:.
    infarction.
    Hope your ST segment doesn't elevate bby.
    Last edited by Hikos; 01-23-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Easy fix take away solo queue, let see how long pro-premade stop doing cq with us not there to fill in the ranks

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by XTK View Post
    The PVP community would die even more. (Maybe that's what Trion has been trying to do though)

Please do not change CQ PM sizes. I know for myself, I would lose A LOT of interest in this game to the point of probably quitting.

If you ARE going to change CQ PM sizes to 5. You might as well change raids to 5 also and make people just party que together and hope it works. That is effectively what you are doing.
    Think about it
    Its not about killing off pvp. Its about improving cq and the game.

You think the current state of cq when is good? Getting farmed by pm over and over. You see ridiculous loop sided scores all the time. Its not even fun.

The change will not benefit those in regular PMs like you. But its a good change as it benefits the game.

And dont try to tell everyone that the current state of cq is pvp.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by XTK View Post

Think about it
    Could you please provide a real argument rather than:

"I don't like this" and "Think about it"

You didn't really raise any points as to why this is bad and then the phrase "Think about it" just sticks in my craw. Whenever I hear the phrase "Think about it" or "Just think about it" I can't help but think it's being used like this:

Limiting CQ premade sizes would be a horrible idea-gaia_sig.jpg

Nonsensical jibberish followed by the phrase "Think about it" >.<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast