+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: CQ may get limited size premades.

Prophet of Telara

Default CQ may get limited size premades.

As per the live stream today they are thinking of testing out only allowing 5 man premades in cq. I say it is about time they tried something new. This current system is not working well at all.

My idea is to limit the amount of players for stillmoor to 10. For infinity gate to 5. And to limit the amount of hearts someone can win per week to 1 either it be raiding or pvp.

XTK

I completely disagree with this notion. There is ZERO benefit from limiting the premade size at all. The current system IS working there are just so many players that choose to qq and cry about it instead of actually putting in some effort

They should just drop in a forced random CQ like 1 in every 3 Pops. I do agree CQ is pretty messed up right now. Certain groups are just farming it hourly. However by limiting pm they are just going to piss those farmers off.

XTK

If anyone has a problem, form your own premade. NOT that difficult. It's the same thing with Expert groups. If you don't like queing in randomly, you form in crossevents. If you want to choose who you are with then do it. Not that complicated

Quote Originally Posted by XTK View Post
    If anyone has a problem, form your own premade. NOT that difficult. It's the same thing with Expert groups. If you don't like queing in randomly, you form in crossevents. If you want to choose who you are with then do it. Not that complicated
    I am psychic

Plane Touched

Great change Trion I support it 100%.

Prophet of Telara

This is a great idea for off hours where one side gets 20+ players and others 2-5 players each. There's no way for them to stop a faction which have 2-3x the numbers often better geared players.

Limit of 5 players per premade will greatly reduce the problem of unbalanced games. This comes from someone who wants to play good and balanced match, not some roflstomp 5-10min rush without any fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

I'm not even slightly anti-premade. However, CQ has gone through a few transformations over the years. If this particular change happens, folks will adapt. It might even be fun just to try it. Ya know, I love a kaleidoscope, mix things up a bit. I'm not necessarily for the limit, but I'm very, very curious as to what affect it might have.

Change is a roller coaster ride. Sounds fun.
    He could walk down your street and girls could not resist his stare and so Pablo Picasso was never called an ashhole.* Not like me! Not in New York!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2iLAubras

This is a bad idea and only people who don't really care about cq support it.

XTK

IF there was a change to be made. To "TEST" the waters... change it to 10 first before 5. 5 is an unbelievably horrible idea. I still think there should be no changes though

Seems like a good idea. CQ is limping imo. They kilt power and marks. No real reason to run it at all. Big part of me says kill it completely cause it's just a chest farmfest. But if 5 mans will help maybe give it a try.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

IF there was a change to be made. To "TEST" the waters... change it to 10 first before 5. 5 is an unbelievably horrible idea. I still think there should be no changes tho
    10 would be a better idea IF your premade is pretty much your own group that you can run around with [so you can make a mini siege team]. However, 5 or 10, it's the same idea, you are going to be placed into a team of players [15 or 10, respectively].

Which means, CQ doesn't really change, except for a bit more randomization.

1. You will still have 5+ 20-man groups that you didn't enter CQ with/not part of your premade; and you will still have to lead/control them just as you do now.
    2. You will still have your own 20-man group, just not everyone of your selection but you can still organize them to whatever suits you.
    Or you know, break away from the group you are given and start a new group while recruiting in CQ chat for whatever comp you feel best.

It doesn't change anything really.

I am only against this because this is not the change that'll benefit CQ but either way, the only people who are for this is those that do not understand CQ [as Meph said] and those who are against this are people who cannot lead/succeed without the comfort of having the 20-best/trusted players online at the moment.
    Last edited by Solaxys; 01-23-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Prophet of Telara

IF there was a change to be made. To "TEST" the waters... change it to 10 first before 5. 5 is an unbelievably horrible idea. I still think there should be no changes though
    10 very good geared players can still wreck undergeared noobs in off hours. Limit of 5 pretty much means that at least 2 factions will have a 5man group of good geared players which at least in theory improves the balance.

CQ farmers will be mad because they know that with 5 geared people it will require a lot more effort to trigger the timer fast and there's very high chance that enemy factions will also get geared groups so killing them will be harder than farming PUG's who on top of being undergeared dont even have the right setup for CQ or are bad at the game and deal less dmg than Druid's pet.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

XTK

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    10 very good geared players can still wreck undergeared noobs in off hours. Limit of 5 pretty much means that at least 2 factions will have a 5man group of good geared players which at least in theory improves the balance.

CQ farmers will be mad because they know that with 5 geared people it will require a lot more effort to trigger the timer fast and there's very high chance that enemy factions will also get geared groups so killing them will be harder than farming PUG's who on top of being undergeared dont even have the right setup for CQ or are bad at the game and deal less dmg than Druid's pet.
    I think you fail to realize that most PMs don't like to push timer that fast. I personally LIKE CQ PMs because people like to listen more that way. The average CQ pug doesn't know up from down and won't listen If I call something special like a Flank

Change CQ to a 10min timer, I am sure find people to stay if it's only a short run, not hour on end. I am sure the top people that do end up doing premade, they find it fine there no challenge, no need the change it when is easy win on there end.
    Last edited by Zaber; 01-23-2015 at 05:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast