+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is game still active for Warfronts (Status of 65 WF PvP)

Soulwalker Vaeringjar Immigrant's Avatar

Default Is game still active for Warfronts (Status of 65 WF PvP)

Have not played since last summer, but was curious with the Nightmare Tide expansion if the game still have a fairly descent and competitive WF population. I did not want to waste time jumping back into the game with vigor if it's a waste of time.

I'm guessing there is a new city where players are, (Margle Palace perhaps?)

I noticed some postings here regarding the removal of rank based gear progression, valor/vengeance etc.I saw this in patch notes as well. Does this mean raid gear BIS is now king in WF PvP?
    -or-
    Are all WFs equalized like Corsair's Stronghold is in Tera?
    -or- is there some kind of hybrid system in place somewhere in between bolstering/equalizing?

Thanks for any useful replies.
    Myscha the sleddog
    Falasarna - Shaman
    Industry Veteran (Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Warhammer 40k Dark Millenium, Doom)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeringjar Immigrant View Post
    Have not played since last summer, but was curious with the Nightmare Tide expansion if the game still have a fairly descent and competitive WF population. I did not want to waste time jumping back into the game with vigor if it's a waste of time.

I'm guessing there is a new city where players are, (Margle Palace perhaps?)

I noticed some postings here regarding the removal of rank based gear progression, valor/vengeance etc.I saw this in patch notes as well. Does this mean raid gear BIS is now king in WF PvP?
    -or-
    Are all WFs equalized like Corsair's Stronghold is in Tera?
    -or- is there some kind of hybrid system in place somewhere in between bolstering/equalizing?

Thanks for any useful replies.
    New city is Margle Palace in Draunheim however some stay in Tempest Bay to avoid loading issues etc..

Gear has been normalized, no more vengeance or valor. Gear obtained from raids, experts (AKA NTE's now), and crafted are bolstered accordingly. BiS items do give an advantage, anything over T2 raiding gear does not get bolstered.

Prestige at this time doesn't mean much.

Favor is still earned and used on consumables now (insoles, riding chaps, and recon vials).

The warfronts are still full of pugs vs. all (other pugs/premades). Many times you will come into a match that is very one sided, 900 to 210 for example, this disparity is frustrating.

There are two new warfront maps, one is a maze with capture the flag features the other is an open platform Library of the Runemasters type.

The competetiveness is still there, the FoTM OP specs are still there but it's refreshing to see people try out specs that aren't in either of these categories.

OWPVP don't see it too much anymore, no more sitting in Stonefield ganking lowbies, sadly Seastone's population is quite low compared to the PVE shards.

I've just returned to Rift PVP in the past few weeks, I'm enjoying it.

I'd suggest hopping in and trying it out, the PVP here is better than in most games I've played right now.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

+ Reply to Thread