+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Melee seems to be catching up to range

Champion of Telara

Default Melee seems to be catching up to range

Paragons, Shamans, and NB/Sin (I am not sure of the exact hybrid people are using) are all able to melt people now. I imagine that this is because of a combination of gear and learned strategies in response to the influx of range at 3.0 launch. I got hit for 14k by a Punishing strike yesterday and I have seen melees bursting 70k damage in 5 or 6 seconds.

I am glad Trion didn't knee jerk nerf in response to all of the complaining here.

So by saying "catching up" you admit range has been OP in 3.0? Seems like a contradiction to what you've been QQing about for months trying to defend pyro and inquisitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I got hit for 14k by a Punishing strike yesterday
    14k physical is only possible during deep freeze, and only twice per minute. punishing strike is a required mastery for shamans so unlike just about every other soul, they cannot pick up soul stream or any variation of this for a self heal.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    14k physical is only possible during deep freeze, and only twice per minute. punishing strike is a required mastery for shamans so unlike just about every other soul, they cannot pick up soul stream or any variation of this for a self heal.
    Well it's good, higher than I usually get hit for by Fulminates. Yes Shamans are a little fragile, although I'd be hesitant to boost their survivability too much with that massive burst. Maybe something that reduces damage done and damage taken by 50% for 5s as an escape mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Well it's good, higher than I usually get hit for by Fulminates. Yes Shamans are a little fragile, although I'd be hesitant to boost their survivability too much with that massive burst. Maybe something that reduces damage done and damage taken by 50% for 5s as an escape mechanic.
    Windwalk is a good defensive ability that no one notices, although the c/d could be reduce to 40 seconds. I've gotten numerous shamans down below 20% hp and they pop this, only to see my finishers miss 2-3 times in a row.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    so your saying that pyro doesnt hit for 14k all day? it has multiple abilities that can hit that easily.... melee is not really catching up, you are just seeing more people playing it, probably due to the repetitive cookie cutter range builds they are just getting bored want something new to do.

range will still out due melee any day any time. melee souls need have more than a 5% dmg reduction or a 5% dodge rate in their tree, and also melee needs to be able to dodge caster stuff. melee also needs a silence that is not triggered by an interrupt.

melee needs more immunization to crowd control, especially confuse, like a 5 sec immunity with a 30 second cd on it.

sorry but they are not even close, and you are making this observation obviously not playing melee personally yourself.

just because you got hit by a strong 1 in 50 over powered critical hit doesnt mean they are even close to one another

Champion of Telara

You could also ask yourself why you are having difficulty as a melee when others clearly are not.

Shammy is a bit lacking in terms of the melee equivalent souls imo.

But for the most part melee has be just fine. Rift is the only mmo where melee complains to crazy extents. In warhammer melee was SQUISHY as hell. But they understood they needed a guard and heal in order to be effective.

If you want an unkillable facemelt tank go play a mara on SWTOR that garbage has been unbalanced since release.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Windwalk is a good defensive ability that no one notices, although the c/d could be reduce to 40 seconds. I've gotten numerous shamans down below 20% hp and they pop this, only to see my finishers miss 2-3 times in a row.
    Then add reapplying shields if they are spent within 3 seconds, it is more than enough to break a casters range. Shammy is not a warrior tank, it is a guerrilla hit and run soul. You dot the target, charge and root, open up, steal killing blow and get out - repeat. Shammy just stinks in large open areas where there is nothing to break los. As for 14k crit, I'm no where close in my gear.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

This isn't a ranged v melee, it's inquisitors and pyros being better than any other class. Both of them have the most anti cc, highest dps and can do so from 30m away. Balanced?

I'm still feeling the 60k global from Nakedstone.

I still don't know why there is so few warriors playing Paragon.
    Double Reaping Harvest on Shifting Blades and Power manipulation is probably the biggest burst in the game.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    I'm still feeling the 60k global from Nakedstone.

I still don't know why there is so few warriors playing Paragon.
    Double Reaping Harvest on Shifting Blades and Power manipulation is probably the biggest burst in the game.
    There are plenty of Paragons out there, just most of them don't have a healer shoved far enough up their *** to make it to where ever you are when you aren't playing Arbiter so you never see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    There are plenty of Paragons out there, just most of them don't have a healer shoved far enough up their *** to make it to where ever you are when you aren't playing Arbiter so you never see them.
    Are you trying to say I play Arbiter all the time in PvP and when I'm not that I'm hiding behind my team?

If so, you couldn't be more wrong.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-23-2015 at 08:28 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    You'd be surprised how often I'm not shoved far enough up us ***. Either way, with or without heals, the competency of his Paragon surpasses most. And to think 54/22 was killed off with 3.0, which would have allowed him to not have a healer shoved far up his *** even more.

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't queue for forum pvp yet today. That remark was less #shotsfired than it was commentary on the current strength of ranged and the tab target meta.

Cheese I know you tank, and Cup you have to admit very few people have more healing received than Naked.

#Unintentionaldischarge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast