+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree18Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Retroactive Changes to Marauder Gear : Essences

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Exclamation Retroactive Changes to Marauder Gear : Essences

    Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Over the next few weeks we're going to be reviewing progression as a whole, across all aspects of RIFT.

    First up are the drops from Marauder Supply Caches. The current rewards need a bit of love to keep in line with other areas of the game, so starting with this weeks patch expect to see a significant bump in power from the base rewards, as well as those from each upgrade tier.

    Here's a few examples post revamp (the changes will be retroactive):


    Both rate of acquisition as well as upgrade costs are still up for review. While the first step was increasing the chance for equipment to drop, we're still exploring additional avenues to get the gear into your hands.

    Next up we'll be reviewing what an additional upgrade tier looks like for Dreambreaker gear. What does it cost? Does it require a Heart of the Frozen? Should it be gated behind Prestige Rank and/or something else?

    As this is something that could considerably reduce the power gap between what's currently available in PVP and Raids, or even give it a run for it's money, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
    There has been no change in stats for Marauder essences acquired before the latest patch (3.0 Hotfix #14).

    Are these essences excluded from the retroactive stat boost or is this a bug?
    Last edited by Avind; 01-22-2015 at 05:44 AM.


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  2. #2
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    As far as I can tell all unupgraded "marauder" items obtained before the patch (rather than ephemeral and dreambreaker) have retained their original stats, though I don't have any improved ones to compare to yet.
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-22-2015 at 05:59 AM.

  3. #3
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    There has been no change in stats for Marauder essences acquired before the latest patch (3.0 Hotfix #14).

    Are these essences excluded from the retroactive stat boost or is this a bug?
    Why are you making a new thread for this? Post in the original thread to keep everything combined.

  4. #4
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    My dreambreaker earring and essence got upgraded.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Why are you making a new thread for this? Post in the original thread to keep everything combined.
    This is a specific issue and while it would not be out of place in the original thread, that thread encompasses a much broader range of themes and ideas related to the stat increases of PvP obtained gear. As such this thread was created to provide better visibility for the query.

    Thanks for your concern and being so analytical about forum etiquette.


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  6. #6
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    This is a specific issue and while it would not be out of place in the original thread, that thread encompasses a much broader range of themes and ideas related to the stat increases of PvP obtained gear. As such this thread was created to provide better visibility for the query.

    Thanks for your concern and being so analytical about forum etiquette.
    Because that is a thread started by a dev and monitored by a dev--it's easier to keep things centralized especially since your thread's content is pertinent to Archonix's thread itself. Duplicate threads just clog up the lines of communication.

    You're welcome for the heads up.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Because that is a thread started by a dev and monitored by a dev--it's easier to keep things centralized especially since your thread's content is pertinent to Archonix's thread itself. Duplicate threads just clog up the lines of communication.

    You're welcome for the heads up.
    Interesting that your response to Ezuen's thread on PvP weapons not getting upgraded post-patch (http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ade-patch.html) contained none of that sage advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    One tool tip is for Phys Crit, the other is for Crit Power. 597cp is max for what cp-based 2handers have.
    Last edited by Avind; 01-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  8. #8
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    One requires dev attention and the other doesn't.

  9. #9
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    Interesting that your response to Ezuen's thread on PvP weapons not getting upgraded post-patch (http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ade-patch.html) contained none of that sage advice.
    Because he didn't read the tooltips (just like you didn't read my reply.)

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    The thread title is still not good enough of a clarification.

    Basically what they did was introduce new gear under the same name as the prior gear with a minor increase outdating all previously earned, farmed and upgraded gear. Some of which players have spent $$ to upgrade. I know from me upgrading a few pieces 4 -5 .. If I were to equate it to credit price it is near 8K credits I have wasted on upgrading these items in the last month or two because of the recent change. I would have waited a month if I knew they were going to introduce new gear under the same name and call it an "upgrade."

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Because he didn't read the tooltips (just like you didn't read my reply.)
    Regardless of his inquiry's veracity, Ezuen's thread is directly related to the Dev created one which is now 10 pages long and comprising over 130 responses.

    Archonix may have time to go through his thread in detail; then again he may not. Posting a relevant Live issue in the thread may get attention; then again it may get lost in the mire of "pvp vs raid obtainable gear / future changes to gear / gear without secondary stats / capping currency without raiding / increased drop chances based on performance" posts as well as the plethora of other ideas presented.

    The attempted forum moderation is appreciated. Greater consistency would improve its quality.


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    My dreambreaker earring and essence got upgraded.
    Same here. I had upgraded to max essences and the stats were boosted.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Happysack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default

    I have a pvp greater essence, that wasn't upgraded, so it just sits in the bank. It was good for a bit, but it still has a lvl 60 proc (+88 spell critical hit), and too low of stats to use with even the NM3 expert gear essences out.
    It would be nice to have that upgraded, similar to the new upgrade to the pvp gear.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team Archonix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438

    Default

    We're looking at the issues with the essences (base items in general) not retroactively upgrading. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by Archonix; 01-22-2015 at 01:24 PM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Liandell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Can we keep Archonix forever? He's responded more on the pvp forums about real issues in like a week than the devs had for the past 6 months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts