+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Little Guide For Pvp, To help new players, :)

Default Little Guide For Pvp, To help new players, :)

Seriously

I've played some of the most close matches/fun matches in 3.0 so far, 2 in BA, and 1 in Regular Black Garden, Where 1 decision, near the end was the deciding factor of the winner

Btw, a Few little things, for complainers

Learn the objectives of the warfront

Use potions consummables, that gives the location of all pvpers, So you know where's your team, and the ennemy, so u can react and move faster

Learn to play a "PVP" spec, Which means, you will have an heal or 2, or defensive abilities
    Or specs, with lots of mobility, or burst or cc

PVP is all about BURST/CC/Positioning/Knowing who to attack/Knowing where is the ennemy/Knowing where is your team/And Obviously Gear

For the Gear part

Its very important to understand the changes for 3.0

You WILL WANT "ALL RESIST" stat, Its what will replace Valor for u
    Yes, Earrings helps u with all resist, which helps u, but 25$ for an xpac is still cheap in my book

Learn to play different roles, That will help your team in various situations

A Tanking spec, with 130K Hp, In Codex, Is pretty strong
    Got in a codex, with 1 said guy, 1 time, He kept our team busy all the time at codex, was kinda funny :S

If you dont have much gear, and want to help your team, dont be shy to play Support Roles, IT HELPS A LOT :O

If you are a dpser, I suggest Getting GADGET ADDON, And set up a FOCUS TARGET UI,
    The key, Is to /focus on a STRONG DPSER on ur team, When u see him pick a target, Switch to his target, AND BURST all u got, or throw some cc/purges

There's also a lot of specific strategies for each warfronts, I'll try to make a guide someday, to help people

Cause, there's lots of things, to learn to become a solid pvper

ALSO, YOU WILL need to at least use 7-8 Abilities ++ to be a good performer, in any wfs
    You might do decent with 2-3 buttons, but you'll never be at an efficient output rate, NEVER

ROOTS and SLOWS, Yes they are very important, When i play puri, u know what is the strongest thing against me? A ****ING ROOT, from pyro generally, And the sad part, Maybe 1 out of 15-20 Pyro's even bother using their ROOT

If i cant run away, or u make me waste my break free with a root, u can burst me with more ease

ALSO, USE CONSUMMABLES, IT MAKES A GOOD DIFFERENCE
    +350 SP/AP
    +925 Armor( something like that )
    YES Brightsurge/Powersurge Vials ( 200(something WIS/INT, STR/DEX )
    Mounted speed buff
    Running speed buff

Stack up your all resist, Yes all resist is pretty much like the new valor, as it reduce elemental damage, If u have more all resist, u wont take as much damage

Try to add in Tank/Support souls in ur dps specs..
    Example: Purifier with 13 in justicar
    Physician with 20ish in Rift Stalker
    Inqisitor with 10 in defiler and 5 in justicar
    Yes you will perform a bit less raw numbers.. heals and dps... but you will be much harder to kill, Will give a chance to your healers, to full your HP bar

Make sure you have lots of healing potions, they are a decent heal, without any GCD
    yes its not super cheap, but it helps a lot

They ALL HELPS a lot, sometimes, being late, by 5-10 seconds, at a location, can be the difference, between, taking advantage or losing it

That's about it for now, I hope it will help a lot of players, I still think RIFT is kinda overwhelming, and its not the best at explaining the subtle details, But, here i GO,

That should help a bit

Its really very general information, but, new pvpers, and lots of pvpers, dont have access to that knowledge, or wont learn it fast, as its a lot of small things

Sincerely, Exxy

Thumbs down

I don't even know what I just looked at.

This is horrendous. Resists don't affect pvp, unfathomable people don't realize this.

Never ever use tank specs in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    Never ever use tank specs in pvp especially if you ignore objectives.
    Fixed
    Tanks still have purpose in running stones and flags ir defending caps.

don't keyboard turn
    Vendetta
    Rank 8
    ------------------------------------
    Kronous
    Expletus

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Fixed
    Well maybe if you're bad at dps or healing and playing a tank is all you can manage.

But a good dps/healer is always infinitely better than the best tank in pvp.

Tank is useful for CQ and the odd warfront
    Vendetta
    Rank 8
    ------------------------------------
    Kronous
    Expletus

Well maybe if you're bad at dps or healing and playing a tank is all you can manage.

But a good dps/healer is always infinitely better than the best tank in pvp.
    I disagree. I can solo kill most healers. I'm not the best healer but I manage. I'm not saying I do this often but I can last much longer in a hybrid tank spec defending a flag solo than in a full dps or healing spec. You could put two NB, Inq, paragons, whatever high dps spec you want. It'll take 2 of them over a minute to take me down. I've seen Roughraptors hold off 6-7 poor dps for well over a minute. 6-7 bad dps could kill a healer in less amount of time.

All roles (tank, dps, healer, support) have their parts to play in WF/Conquest.

Those that say otherwise don't know how to work as a team.

Learn all roles, communicate with your teammates and switch accordingly to what your team composition and strategy needs and you will dominate.

But then again this is PuGs we are talking about...
    Serale@Faeblight

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    defensive abilities
    You bring up a good point here. As a healer, it drives me nuts how many people don't use whatever defensive CD's they have....especially when they are dying.

I don't encourage people to take up tank souls as a DPSER, at all, whatsoever, .........and CCing isnt even a big deal, I can heal through the angry mob.....but the absorb shields and damage reduction abilties that you have........USE EM

-----btw Liandel are you sure Resist doesn't affect PVP? assuming this is true, then armor wouldn't either. I was banking on Armor and Resist values playing a part in PVP survivabiity, that sucks if they have no effect.
    Last edited by Stormchild; 01-23-2015 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Fixed
    No matter how many other fish in the sea, tanking feels so empty, without me~
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Resists don't affect pvp, unfathomable people don't realize this.
    Care to elaborate? This is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaroth View Post
    Care to elaborate? This is news to me.
    Resists and armor are a pve stat. Damage/healing are reduced in pvp automatically, this reduction does not stack with armor/resists resulting in those stats being trumped by the greater basic reduction.

Rift Disciple

Resists and armor are a pve stat. Damage/healing are reduced in pvp automatically, this reduction does not stack with armor/resists resulting in those stats being trumped by the greater basic reduction.
    Hmm, thanks, Can someone else verify for me that this is correct, the non stacking part making armor and reisist practically pointless? If it is, it is a pretty important fact.

You know, sometimes I get the feeling not even the people at Trion are clear on these things... Why can't we get official word on how this (is supposed to) work?

Rift Disciple

Tanks in pvp? Fail much? Mods please delete this nonsense threads before noobs get stupid ideas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast