+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Premades in Warfronts

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Premades are a way for people to play with friends, whether it is a Warfront or Conquest. All the statements made in all previous threads on this topic still apply. We want people to be able to play together if they choose.
    That's fine, but atm you are forcing everyone to play premade or face horrendous win/lose ratios.

Just as people need to be able to choose to play with friends, I need to have the option to not play with friends.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Just as people need to be able to choose to play with friends, I need to have the option to not play with friends.
    And you have that choice. However, the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaAk View Post
    And you have that choice. However, the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Please comprehend my post before repeating those nonsense arguments.

You atm do not have that choice as a VIABLE option. Just because there is an option doesn't make it an acceptable option, or do you play druid, elementalist, marksman, and warlord in raids?
    Last edited by Skollvaldr; 01-22-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skollvaldr View Post
    Please comprehend my post before repeating those nonsense arguments.

You atm do not have that choice as a VIABLE option. Just because there is an option doesn't make it an acceptable option, or do you play druid, elementalist, marksman, and warlord in raids?
    Re-read your post. Never said it needed a be a viable choice.

Best of luck with your terrible win/loss ratios!
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    It's not fair for people who want to queue as solo just to get their daily charge done. Warfronts are full of premades now. In every match, one team roflstomps the other with ease. Most of the time just by camping near the enemy spawn with the perfect group setup.

An easy solution..:

*If you queue as a group, you get put against or with others who queue'd as a group.

*If you queue as solo, you get put against or with others who queue'd as solo.

I wouldn't mind being in a queue for 30mins if it meant i joined a match where both teams had an equal chance to win.

(Of course, people who join premades are going to disagree with this post. Because right now it is so easy for them to farm warfront wins).
    I do both solo's and premades and i'll tell you that I overall disagree with your sentiment, not because I think it's unfair, but because the system is set up as it is now for it to be used and this is how trion intended it to be. It's been like this since day one. I understand your frustration, but if you were so inclined, you can start your own premade as well. The choice is yours.

Just waiting what happening to cq with the mess people leaving and not care do try to win to leak over to warfront, So far it's been going that way slowly.
    Last edited by Zaber; 01-22-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Premades are a way for people to play with friends, whether it is a Warfront or Conquest. All the statements made in all previous threads on this topic still apply. We want people to be able to play together if they choose.

most of the players in premades at WF and in CQ, are not friends. if so there would not be necessary to do LFM CQ or WF.

"i want to play with friends, so i do a premades" is just an excuse to this : i want a easy win without any oposition (or strong) or i want to be carried. sadlly the only way Trion starts to see a problem is when they start losing players due too this. Trion only change a system with the intention of gain more money not to fix catastrophic situations

losing 15 WF in a row due to having as an opositon a premade of "supose" friends or due to random luck they always go to the same team isnt a problem to them.

There are so few premades in NA shards. However there is a vast majority of really, really bad players in pvp, unlike other mmos. The result is real imbalance when a few decent players end up on one team and there are none left over for the other team.

The majority of time when I see pugs complain about premades it's just their imagination, looking to justify losing without accepting being bad. Probably the same impetus for this thread.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    There are so few premades in NA shards. However there is a vast majority of really, really bad players in pvp, unlike other mmos. The result is real imbalance when a few decent players end up on one team and there are none left over for the other team.

The majority of time when I see pugs complain about premades it's just their imagination, looking to justify losing without accepting being bad. Probably the same impetus for this thread.
    I tend to agree with this. There is a knee-jerk reaction in pvp to blame others (in this case premades) opposed to the player considering how they can positively impact a warfront match. Too often I have seen players in suboptimal specs and not playig objectives being the loudest complainers towards premades, their teams, and healing recieved.
    Koz

Quote Originally Posted by brincas View Post
    most of the players in premades at WF and in CQ, are not friends. if so there would not be necessary to do LFM CQ or WF.
    you are flat out wrong, at least for warfronts

the thing is, there are far more premades than you realise, most of them are indeed "just friends" and most of them are bad.
    most of the time, when you are getting roflstomped by a premade on the enemy team, you have one of these "just friends" premades on your team. you don't notice, because they are so bad that they are indistinguishable from the bad pugs that make up the rest of your team.

I saw this a lot yesterday.
    I even commented in one warfront before the match started that I hoped the premade I my team didn't cry too much when they got stomped by the far better premade I saw on the other team. the premade on my team actually tried to deny that they were a premade while at the same time admitting that they had queued together as a group. they weren't pro pvpers out to stomp pugs, they were just friends. but they were a premade as far as the queue system was concerned.

there are a lot of players who don't understand the queue system, and many other parts of the game too, particularly when it comes to pvp. the OP (and many others replying in this thread) is one of those.

this isn't to say that the queue system is perfect, its not, and I've given my thoughts on that subject many times elsewhere.
    but the premade "issue" is not where the problem lies, and is actually one of the things Trion has come to a reasonable compromise on.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

There will always be people who argue that amateur tennis players should play against professionals, World Cup footballers against a college team etc. Not because they think it's fair, but its the only way they can play the game. Take away their premade and all they do is curse and swear; you can tell those apart when they occasionally pug and lose horribly often. Oh and did I mention rage quit?
    Last edited by Observers; 01-22-2015 at 03:47 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Premades are usually organized with a specific group formation that is used often to farm pugs over and over again. Also, most premades can adjust specs where pugs usually go all the way in one spec and never change or adapt. That isn't really playing with friends, it is more of them taking advantage of a certain set up that is for the most part unstoppable vs. pugs.

Let us not lie about it. Pre 3.0 most premades just stacked healers, melee dps and doms.. and that was good enough to face roll pugs. As what should be done. Easily I would have a system that turned off premade Q when the population is low so they can't just abuse and farm for half the day during off hours. Eventually more players will find an incentive to play during those hours if there wasn't a 20man just farming cq for 10 hours straight.. or 5 man just facing the same pugs for hours straight.
    Last edited by Planetx; 01-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Premades are fine. There are some issues that just suck and you have to live with.

1) Getting into a warfront with leavers who don't want to fight the premade making it just pointless waste of time. Getting into warfront where they have more players at start and having those aimless suicide divers who haven't bother to open the team lay out and see the 2-4 player disadvantage. Things of this nature.

2) The other main problem is like others have said. During cq for instance, get a 5 man together and you will farm out the remaining pugs inwarfront until the cq is over because there are not much population to keep the warfront and cq active. This has become more aggressive and apparent when they started adding RICs, and hearts into cq. And same for off hour premades that just occupy large time periods farming the same players over.
    It became so bad at one point everyone justs stop participating because they don't want to be farmed and sit at spawn to game ends.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-22-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Premades are usually organized with a specific group formation that is used often to farm pugs over and over again. Also, most premades can adjust specs where pugs usually go all the way in one spec and never change or adapt. That isn't really playing with friends, it is more of them taking advantage of a certain set up that is for the most part unstoppable vs. pugs.

Let us not lie about it. Pre 3.0 most premades just stacked healers, melee dps and doms.. and that was good enough to face roll pugs. As what should be done. Easily I would have a system that turned off premade Q when the population is low so they can't just abuse and farm for half the day during off hours. Eventually more players will find an incentive to play during those hours if there wasn't a 20man just farming cq for 10 hours straight.. or 5 man just facing the same pugs for hours straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Observers View Post
    There will always be people who argue that amateur tennis players should play against professionals, World Cup footballers against a college team etc. Not because they think it's fair, but its the only way they can play the game. Take away their premade and all they do is curse and swear; you can tell those apart when they occasionally pug and lose horribly often. Oh and did I mention rage quit?
    both of you are only talking about perhaps 10% of the premades, because they are the only premades you notice. they stand out.

you want to punish the vast majority of the premades, the ones you don't notice, because of the actions of just a few who leave you feeling inadequate as a player.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I had a thought regarding this. I completely agree with Ocho that premades are good for the game so you can play with friends whether or not you win or lose. However, the problem lies in solo pugs trying to complete say Guns for Hire....

That might take a hell of lot longer, so therefore perhaps you can change the Guns for Hire requirements for the weekly to be perhaps a bit lower? I am not sure what it could be but perhaps it could be something like win 10 games each week, period.. Does not matter which WF you play.

This way, the teams that are premades can finish it quickly and get the extra rewards (loot boxes, etc.), and those just trying to finish the silly quest can get it done faster and be done with PVP since they really don't want to spend days trying to win specific matches X 3, etc..

It's just a thought and perhaps can be worked into something a bit easier for those without premades.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast