+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranked Warfronts

Rift Chaser

Default Ranked Warfronts

So with vengence and valor scrapped, and all of our directions merged, it's obvious we're gonna have to offer suggestions from a PVP perspective. There shouldn't be any sort of rivalry with the PVE crowd.

More than likely, the underlying problem...is that Rift doesn't have a PVP equivalent to raiding. Conquest should be the equivalent to raiding, but as we all found out, good Leader strategy and a zergful of AOE'ers is all you really need. And so is it a true measure of individual or group PVP success, as each raider would need in their PVE adventures?? Obviously debatable, in alot of different ways.

Now, they've already stated that they do not want to do arena, or gate PVP rewards behind skill.....which is odd because in their view, raid goodies are gated behind that very thing: skill. And I do agree. Not wanting to gate PVP gear behind skill, is the mindset we need to get Trion to reconsider for the future. Personally, I don't see why they haven't expanded on the ranked warfront idea in some way. So allow me to offer a suggestion for future versions of Rift, please add to it or offer opinions.

Ranked Warfronts
    -----------------------
    --- all current maps, or selection of small ones already in game
    --- no objectives, other than last man (or woman) standing
    --- 5v5
    --- no respawns.
    --- Keep individual progress by a RWF score, separate from one's Elo score.
    --- No matchmaking system, PUG at your own risk.
    --- Use RWF score to get serious raid-level goodies.

Ascendant

Rewards in automated system will easily get abused so im against it. I would however enjoy some competitive mode WF (4vs4) where each team must have 1 calling each.

This should work only as 4fun mode with spectator options, in case someone wants to organize tournament and add his own custom rewards. That's the only way to prevent abuse.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Rewards in automated system will easily get abused so im against it. I would however enjoy some competitive mode WF (4vs4) where each team must have 1 calling each.

This should work only as 4fun mode with spectator options, in case someone wants to organize tournament and add his own custom rewards. That's the only way to prevent abuse.
    We used to have tournaments, quite often too. Many were in Black Garden, some in Stillmoor CQ on the PTS, and others in the <Godlike Awesomeness> PVP dimension.

I have the Black Garden PVP dimension, I'd love to set it up again and try out some fun scrimmages.

I wish we could get back to the fun banter in tournaments vs. the mud slinging on the forums. We don't get hearts from our forum PVP.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Shield of Telara

I actually really like the idea of a tourney (or match) that has one of each calling, or maybe 2 of each.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

+ Reply to Thread