+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Osirian
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie

Thread: Pve raid gear vs upcomming pvp gear and problems

Default Pve raid gear vs upcomming pvp gear and problems

Ok so on 3.0 launch the idea was to remove the pvp gear and combine pve'ers and pvp'ers so they could do dungeons, dragons, raids, or pvp with no discrimination for the gear.

- The new "pvp" gear upgrades stack endurance.

[ Would you invite someone to a raid as DPS if they stack endurance? This defeats the purpose of even removing the pvp gear in the first place.]

- In 2.4 you increase damage reduction and a lot of people quit ( I mean over half of my friends list)

By increase endurance you basically did the same thing in which people live much longer (nobody wants to beat on a tank while his buds slowly takes you down)

- Increasing the amount of endurance will require a look at healing.

[ Some abilities look at the hp of the caster and also the more life, the longer you last, the harder to kill, allowing cds to be back up, causing people to get annoyed and tired of beating on healers and tab target somebody else...]

- The gear isn't on par with the normal blues from 5mans.

[ If you compare the gear to your typical 5man blue the main stats are much better and useful.]

- The imbalance with raiders taking over a wf will not be fixed by making the gear so different.

[ At the moment most hardcore raiders will highly outdps the pugs if they know what they are doing and by causing the pugs to do less dps (by adding endurance instead of main stat like on raid gear) it will only increase the gap.]

- The marks and accels required to upgrade the gear is almost double what it takes to upgrade a simple expert drop and it still is not better than it.

- TEST with pvpers before you unleash this. Most pvpers do not get on the forums or pts so it would be smart to ask the top of the higher leaderboards to see what they want.

I suggest you simply allow for an upgrade choice, whether dps, tank, or in the middle to allow for people to do what they need. Also, make it PAR on main stats. Everyone I have talked to that is serious about pvp do not want secondary stats.

Constructional ideas needed please...
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-20-2015 at 02:01 PM.

XTK

I feel like the "difference" between pve and pvp gear should be endurance. but the other stats should remain the same. or something like that

When they took away pvp stats off the dps myrm gear they loaded it with endurance. I don't get how they expect pvpers to pve and be in par with dps pve gear if they stack endurance. XTk would you invite a dps to a raid if he had like all endurance stack? This is just wrong...

Ive grinded my way through pve crap lately and its miserable. I just want to pvp to get pvp gear by doing that. If i wanted to occasionally get into a raid (like they stressed to combine both groups to enjoy all of the game) then I shouldn't have to get another set to be at par with the pvers.

A dps wants dps gear, not tank gear.
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-20-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Ascendant

You're wrong on so many levels. There are PvP items with stats that have a lot high CP/AP/crit chance, decent main stat, low secondary stat and decent endurance. These are actaully very close to T1 items. Few PvP pieces are even better than PvE ones.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

RIFT Guide Writer

With the new stats PvP gear is bis for basicly every slot on expert level. PvP CP gear will most likely beat out non CP raid gear on every slot except weapons assuming youre not CP capped yet.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

[Quote=Appreciate the responses so far, good stuff here.

As a reminder, please try to keep things civil and on track. Not everyone shares the same opinions, and that's totally okay!

With that being said...

I will be nuking the 3 stat variants (no secondary stats, high endurance) from dropping once 3.1 hits. While not everything that drops needs to be the best of all possible combinations, these just didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. Those that exist in the game will retain their current stat distribution.

Keep the suggestions coming, we're listening.

P.S. I love getting PMs, so for those who tend to fill up my mailbox please continue to do so. While I rarely respond to them, every single one is read.
    Last edited by Archonix; Today at 10:45 PM. QUOTE]

WOOT this is what I wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You're wrong on so many levels. There are PvP items with stats that have a lot high CP/AP/crit chance, decent main stat, low secondary stat and decent endurance. These are actaully very close to T1 items. Few PvP pieces are even better than PvE ones.
    Not quite, but its ok now that they nuked the stacked end. That was my problem.

The secondary stats i get where you are coming from but ther needs to be a balance between ap,cp, and crit chance to sustain good dps. By why nerf the main stat?
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-20-2015 at 03:37 PM.

When they said there was no PvP or PvE gear, just gear, they were lying. You'll still need two sets, one with extra endurance and the spell crit for PvP, and one from experts with less endurance and crit but more SP.

+ Reply to Thread