Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ENDURANCE main stat across pvp? omg

Default ENDURANCE main stat across pvp? omg

Guys if you are true pvper you remember how 2.4 was with nobody dieing. They are now trying to stack endurnace to "live longer" and cost 2x the normal marks to upgrade verse the pve equic (which isn't even remotely close stat wise). This is like my final straw. Please voice your opinion if you are a pvper(even though most pvpers don't get on the forums). This would kill pvp more than it already is. DO NOT STACK ENDURANCE FOR PVP GEAR. It would be like smacking tanks all over again, just up the main stats.

TRION WE WANT MAIN STAT, how many times do I need to express this...

Please check the post http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ache-gear.html

The gear wont even touch the expert gear dps wise.

So if I understand, everyone wants to have as low endurance as possible and stack their main stats?

Personally, if I had to choose between 2 items like:
    High endurance, normal strength, 0 dexterity and high Attack Power
    and
    Normal endurance, normal strength, normal dexterity and high Attack Power

I'd pick the first one if I was playing Liberator or VK or Paladin or Beastmaster on my warrior and the second one if I played DPS.

Sure, Endurance isn't the most wonderful of stats, but an off stat isn't as wowzor as you think. I could care less about getting tons of Phys Crit from dexterity when I play tank or heal on my warrior when I need a way to be bulkier and harder to kill.
    Same for any other classes.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-20-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Why didn't you just post this in THAT post, instead of making another?

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    Why didn't you just post this in THAT post, instead of making another?
    Because people don't pay attention to detail and realize the endurance problem. Look at the base stats from the EPIC upgrade compared to a normal blue from a 5man... If i wanted to be a tank id go tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    So if I understand, everyone wants to have as low endurance as possible and stack their main stats?

Personally, if I had to choose between 2 items like:
    High endurance, normal strength, 0 dexterity and high Attack Power
    and
    Normal endurance, normal strength, normal dexterity and high Attack Power

I'd pick the first one if I was playing Liberator or VK or Paladin or Beastmaster on my warrior and the second one if I played DPS.

Sure, Endurance isn't the most wonderful of stats, but an off stat isn't as wowzor as you think. I could care less about getting tons of Phys Crit from dexterity when I play tank or heal on my warrior when I need a way to be bulkier and harder to kill.
    Same for any other classes.
    You don't realize how big of a deal this is. NOW healing will have to be looked at all over again. if you think soloing a healer is bad now, wait till everyone has just stacked endurance and their cds are up before you even get them close to dieing (im not talking about ur normal healers go meet Cupcakey)

Healers are pretty easy to kill right now.

Cupcake included by a dps with her skill/gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gronkspike View Post
    Healers are pretty easy to kill right now.

Cupcake included by a dps with her skill/gear
    I would give a rex if you can show that to me and kill her before her cds are up.

Imagine people like that with stacked endurance (keep in mind there are a few of healing skills that do more heals when the caster has more hp or endurance)

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    You don't realize how big of a deal this is. NOW healing will have to be looked at all over again. if you think soloing a healer is bad now, wait till everyone has just stacked endurance and their cds are up before you even get them close to dieing (im not talking about ur normal healers go meet Cupcakey)
    Healers aren't hard to kill.

Cross healing and Divine Flavor of the Month is the problem.
    It has been said over and over and over and over again.

Have you ever seen Cupcakey in a warfront by himself?
    Generally, he's with Nakedstone who's playing in Liberator most of the time.
    Get Cupcakey by himself without another healer to heal him, and he goes down as soon as his Unstable Transformation is finished or someone purge it and if he's in purifier (Does he ever play anything but Defiler anyways?), just have 2 or 3 DPS focus him down.
    I have no problem burning an healer through half their health in one global, with 2 competent DPS an healer can be killed almost instantly.

Healers aren't hard to kill.

Cross healing and Divine Flavor of the Month is the problem.
    It has been said over and over and over and over again.

Have you ever seen Cupcakey in a warfront by himself?
    Generally, he's with Nakedstone who's playing in Liberator most of the time.
    Get Cupcakey by himself without another healer to heal him, and he goes down as soon as his Unstable Transformation is finished or someone purge it and if he's in purifier (Does he ever play anything but Defiler anyways?), just have 2 or 3 DPS focus him down.
    I have no problem burning an healer through half their health in one global, with 2 competent DPS an healer can be killed almost instantly.
    Imagine 15 people stack endurance, corsshealing... Cupcakey is a girl and yes Ive played for years and have seen her multiple times. i am using her as an example.

It still stands, if you think it is bad now wait till everyone has stacked endurance. I willl give you a rex if you can find a dps that can burn down a healer of my choice alone. Prove it...please
    Last edited by Osirian; 01-20-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Rift Chaser

i think the few examples he showed were endurance heavy, like some are now,

I wouldn't assume that they are all massive endurance heavy now. Hopefully, all stats were beefed a bit equally, or as you and I have argued for....majorly beefed main stat.

We shall see though, I wouldn't get too fired up just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
    i think the few examples he showed were endurance heavy, like some are now,

I wouldn't assume that they are all massive endurance heavy now. Hopefully, all stats were beefed a bit equally, or as you and I have argued for....majorly beefed main stat.

We shall see though, I wouldn't get too fired up just yet.
    I think there should be an option for gear. And no, if you compare stats on the mix maur gear you will see that the blue version is almost the same as the dps form in game now but just more endurance...

As much as i hope you are right, it is very unlikely due to their past attempts. If you look at the myrm gear now (where they stripped the pvp stats; it is mostly endurance) the difference were at the time pvp stats mattered against people without pvp stats. now it is pve stats across the board...

Imagine 15 people stack endurance, corsshealing... Cupcakey is a girl and yes Ive played for years and have seen her multiple times. i am using her as an example.
    Wasn't sure whether I should have use him or her. I see her in PvP and that's it, don't really care what gender she is.

It still stands, if you think it is bad now wait till everyone has stacked endurance. I willl give you a rex if you can find a dps that can burn down a healer of my choice alone. Prove it...please
    Can I pick chloro as the healer? If so, you can prepare your Rex cause I can easily kill a chloro by myself.

In all seriousness, 1 DPS not killing an healer is working as intended. Because 1 DPS alone should NEVER be able to kill an healer.
    The only reason why it should be able to kill is through attrition, which is not possible in Rift due to the nature of each classes resources.

Edit: And in case you haven't seen it yet, the marauder gear can drop with normal endurance which is the stats roll DPS are looking for.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-20-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Wasn't sure whether I should have use him or her. I see her in PvP and that's it, don't really care what gender she is.

Can I pick chloro as the healer? If so, you can prepare your Rex cause I can easily kill a chloro by myself.

In all seriousness, 1 DPS not killing an healer is working as intended. Because 1 DPS alone should NEVER be able to kill an healer.
    The only reason why it should be able to kill is through attrition, which is not possible in Rift due to the nature of each classes resources.
    I choose my healer.

I choose my healer.
    The joke went 10 feet above your head didn't it?

I would give a rex if you can show that to me and kill her before her cds are up.

Imagine people like that with stacked endurance (keep in mind there are a few of healing skills that do more heals when the caster has more hp or endurance)
    Stacking endurance is pretty dumb since u lose secondary stat, also I bet nakedstone kills her with ease in paragon. It's the person she runs with the most. And that's not knocking cupcake.

I've seen you in wfs your gear is atrocious, gear up and you'll see how easy it is to kill healers
    Last edited by Gronkspike; 01-20-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast