+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Updates to Marauder Supply Cache Gear

Ascendant

I have to agree that something needs to be done with the way how Hearts come from CQ. I dislike 2 things:

1. RNG
    2. The fact that you can get one without actually doing anything but joining 30s before the end.

I'd like to see additional and reliable way to aquire the Hearts. For example, every 100k kills done either in WF or CQ, player would get a quest item which he could trade for Heart with 100% chance.

Such quest would take at least several weeks and players could choose if they want to do it via WF or CQ.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Upgrade to the highest form of gear should not be obtained from the lowest form of pvp. Please tie it to warfront wins or something. Joining cq for 30 seconds should not be the optimal way to obtain the best upgrade ingredient. Makes no sense

Keep seeing post where pve people say it's not fair that they have to pvp and it wouldn't be fair for pvp to earn the same gear level as them and blah blah blah.

Same goes for strict pvpers. Look its a unified gear system ideally you should be doing both pvp and pve to get a full set of bis gear. Some from raid some from pvp. But both should give you passable gear of the same level (not bis but good enough). That way if you only do one you still have decent gear that serves to make you viable for the content but to truly minmax bis you would have to do both.(ideally you would have to do a bit of everything but people seem hung up on raids vs pvp)
    Something witty goes here.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    Well keep in mind the raid gear equiv form pvp may be really hard to get. I mean like max honor to get an upgrade part. I would have no problem farming kills by doing something I love for a week just to get an upgrade peice.
    I think the problem is you dont need to be good in pvp to progress at the moment. I know i am not. I personally hate pvp but they have made the rewards from pvp too good for me not to pvp.

1. Heart of the frozen currently only available to me through conquest as we are not clearing mt sharax at this time. Even then i can do cq once every 2 hrs say giving time for cq to run its course and have a chance to get a heart. If we were clearing mt sharax this is still only 1 heart a week between 20 people.

2. Raid marks i cannot max my raid marks each week with patron even with doing the pvp wčeklies. There yo avoid gimping myself i have to pvp to get the weeklies done. Much like i need to do spirit of adventure but dont enjoy doing it.

3. Getting the pvp weeklies isnt hard its just tedius. I dont even need to kill anyone to get my 1000 ascended kills or 2000 cq kills. I just need to be in wf nearby in cq. I just que warfronts till the matchmaking system decides to put you on the winning team. Its as bad as the people u see in open world nightmare rifts who stand still self healing while not contributing to the rift but gleaming the rewards...

The more and more i think about it......

Pvp pretty much can be AFK'ed to the top and requires no skill at all, just grind.

You CAN NOT do this in pve.

Thus pvp gear should not be equal to high end raid gear.

On that same note, a pve person should not be able to join a WF and destroy everyone just because his gear is better.

It's really hard to balance this right now as they did away with valor/veg. I understand pvp people want to have the best gear, just like pve players do as well. But Lets face it solo Qing 1k wf's will never take the same amount of skill it takes to clear top tier raids. So i have a really hard time seeing why it should yield the same/equal gear.

The only fix i see for this is make high end / top tier pvp gear have some sort of pvp only proc. that would set them ahead of pve people in warfronts.
    Last edited by dayzed; 01-20-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post

Pvp pretty much can be AFK'ed to the top and requires no skill at all, just grind.

It's really hard to balance this right now as they did away with valor/veg. I understand pvp people want to have the best gear, just like pve players do as well. But Lets face it solo Qing 1k wf's will never take the same amount of skill it takes to clear top tier raids. So i have a really hard time seeing why it should yield the same/equal gear.
    Raids only take skill during progression then they become farmable. Please stop

Hearts from CQ is far worse than CQ power ever was. Please take hearts off the upgrade path and give back CQ power. Thanks.

Default As I came to RIFT

short after it went f2p

it was ALL about grinding...rep,prestige, raids etc

Then RICs came with cq which I loved....more grind ok here we go ""LFM CQ""

U basically did everything to become OP means full best in slot

Now we have that massive rng added, it feels good to get lots of raid marks from pvp weeklys

The sparkle weeklys were kinda burning me out a bit but I made lots of void stones

I agree with a 3rd way to obtain heart of the frozen, just to avoid more rng, even the old depleted 550 from 2.x pvp chests were somehow a target to reach, to get something 100% from grinding...

Well I call myself more pvp related I even managed to 4/4 and 3/5 with my EU buddies, again my main aim is to GET T1 MARKS not to eat content...

for becoming even more powerful in pvp ofc

The upgrade costs of current marauder box gear are just too high to even consider them as an alternative for avoiding grind raid marks

I just reached pvp rank 100 with both eu and us mage and I got like 5 (five) bis items out of these marauder boxes on my mages, opened like.....well do the math ;D

THAT is why I dont like rng, give us like a 100% way to obtain bis gear even the grind takes like ages would BE great but I m ok with current rng system still just lower the 2nd upgrade path a bit from marauder gear plz

IF U LAGG IN CQ turn off ALL ADDONS, other stuff that eats ur cpu power, lower vga settings etc etc I even upgraded my system to an I7 and stuff became running like super smooth

This game has so much pvp potential through its soul system it makes me kinda sad that ppl say pvp is a joke just because U dont understand that it takes effort to win a wf and ofc sometimes luck, but very often I see equal teams..

Usually that team looses where less ppl switch to heal because they cant/ dont like to

THIS GAME TAKES EFFORT and grind just like a MMO should...

If u want to be op from day 1 play a single player game and use cheats

TY for reading

/care

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dayzed View Post

You can't afk to the top. You still need to slap down a either hefty fee or grind dungeons for upgrades. So no..Afk to the top is just a bad excuse people are using in order to keep prize raid gear above everything else.

It really doesn't matter at all because players like me know the real outliers have always been the raid weapons and trinkets.. along with the greater pve procs. Everything else made little to no difference and that apparently is not changing. Raiders will still have potentially better options than pvpers even if they normalized pvp gear with marked raid gear.

Default True that

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Raids only take skill during progression then they become farmable. Please stop
    In like 2 or 3 months it will be like FT/EE and more ppl get hearts

No big deal

just dont make the hearts bind on account, keep them soulbound

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    With that being said...

I will be nuking the 3 stat variants (no secondary stats, high endurance) from dropping once 3.1 hits.
    Thanks! The amount of 3 stat items I have had is beyond stupid
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    You can't afk to the top. You still need to slap down a either hefty fee or grind dungeons for upgrades. So no..Afk to the top is just a bad excuse people are using in order to keep prize raid gear above everything else.

It really doesn't matter at all because players like me know the real outliers have always been the raid weapons and trinkets.. along with the greater pve procs. Everything else made little to no difference and that apparently is not changing. Raiders will still have potentially better options than pvpers even if they normalized pvp gear with marked raid gear.
    Raid relic weapons are bolstered down (and have their procs disabled) and the purple ones don't have procs, which makes them about even with expert-level weapons. Greaters are extremely rare and aren't really tied to traditional raiding -- most people buy them from someone who just got lucky, to the tune of 10-20k plat.

Trinkets, granted. That's a major advantage. But the greatest overall advantage is on the rest of the gear. Raid-level epics are a big upgrade over Expert-level epics, and bestow another major advantage to raiders when they're fully decked out in such gear. I've been raiding and PvPing a long time and the stat gap between Expert epics and Raid epics is probably the largest tier-to-tier disparity that I've seen since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I've been raiding and PvPing a long time and the stat gap between Expert epics and Raid epics is probably the largest tier-to-tier disparity that I've seen since Vanilla.
    % increase is about the same as Storm Legion if not less and with the massive increase in base health, the disparity is simply lower regarding PvP.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

I wouldn't mind seeing increased drop chance for gear if your damage/healing/damage taken is greater then x.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by galdaran View Post
    I think the problem is you dont need to be good in pvp to progress at the moment. I know i am not. I personally hate pvp but they have made the rewards from pvp too good for me not to pvp.

1. Heart of the frozen currently only available to me through conquest as we are not clearing mt sharax at this time. Even then i can do cq once every 2 hrs say giving time for cq to run its course and have a chance to get a heart. If we were clearing mt sharax this is still only 1 heart a week between 20 people.

2. Raid marks i cannot max my raid marks each week with patron even with doing the pvp wčeklies. There yo avoid gimping myself i have to pvp to get the weeklies done. Much like i need to do spirit of adventure but dont enjoy doing it.

3. Getting the pvp weeklies isnt hard its just tedius. I dont even need to kill anyone to get my 1000 ascended kills or 2000 cq kills. I just need to be in wf nearby in cq. I just que warfronts till the matchmaking system decides to put you on the winning team. Its as bad as the people u see in open world nightmare rifts who stand still self healing while not contributing to the rift but gleaming the rewards...
    You're right that PvP can be easier then raiding, but keep in mind that you dont have to be good player to spend money in RIFT ;) Keeping casuals happy might make them spend more $ which also profit for Trion.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast