+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Warfronts in trouble?

Default Warfronts in trouble?

Hy,

during the last few weeks I recognized an unusual amassment of very unbalanced warfront results. So I decided to observe the results of the war fronts in which I participated in more detail. (last two days)

Here are some results:

- 1x Kodex: 140:1000
    - 1x Library: 120:1000
    - 2x Karthagrat: lost after 3:30 min / 168:1000
    - 3x Whitefall: lost after < 5 min / 5:59 kills / 2/29 kills
    - 2x Antechamber: 149:1000 / 150:1000
    - 2x Black Garden: 60:500 / 42/500
    - 1x Port: 175:1000

Sure, sometimes I lost sometimes I won and I have also seen “close” warfronts (Black Garden 370:500 for example) but basicly 80% of all warfronts ended in such an unbalanced slaughter, disaster, “waste of time” or call it what you want.

As I said, this is not a new phenomenon, you can observe it since a few weeks. I dont know the reason for this situation. Are the specs so unballanced after the removal of all pvp-stats? Is it the fault of the queuing system? Is it a gear problem? I dont know, but please Trion take care about this, because warfronts doesnt make fun (and sense) to play currently.

MFG

Wf in trouble? no ... PVP in general and in particular yes. The only ppl that say everthing ok are the P2W the PVE that finally found a new way to get marks. now we see big group entires that are top gear crushing the "pugs".

take a look
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-congratz.html

sadly the Devs/GM's dont say anything except to force ppl to play how they like
    Last edited by brincas; 01-16-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Ascendant

Last week, the 60-64 bracket saw a noticeable increase of lob-sided matches. Then the weekend came with most matches being rather even. I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

I'll start taking screenshots to get a running record.

Rift Disciple

The worst one for me over the last week even is almost everytime a blighted antechamber pops its a 200 - 700+ and of course I'm on the 200 side and that map just drags on and on anyway.

I got a suggestion for that map to stop those 20 min matches that are totally uneven anyway from occurring. Just make it so you take dmg while holding the flag so you can't hold them for the whole match camped around your 4 or 5 healers. Alternatively, make it so that once one person is holding a flag the other team can't pick a flag up until enemy holder is killed.

That would fix those 20 min waste of time uneven games there.

Whitefall is just a healfest at mid boring.

Rift Disciple

Only until the first pickup, after that it can be one of the more interesting ones with tactical options.
    Now Ghar Station on the other hand....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Stealing stones is where the fun is.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 01-21-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    Hy,

during the last few weeks I recognized an unusual amassment of very unbalanced warfront results. So I decided to observe the results of the war fronts in which I participated in more detail. (last two days)

Here are some results:

- 1x Kodex: 140:1000
    - 1x Library: 120:1000
    - 2x Karthagrat: lost after 3:30 min / 168:1000
    - 3x Whitefall: lost after < 5 min / 5:59 kills / 2/29 kills
    - 2x Antechamber: 149:1000 / 150:1000
    - 2x Black Garden: 60:500 / 42/500
    - 1x Port: 175:1000

Sure, sometimes I lost sometimes I won and I have also seen “close” warfronts (Black Garden 370:500 for example) but basicly 80% of all warfronts ended in such an unbalanced slaughter, disaster, “waste of time” or call it what you want.

As I said, this is not a new phenomenon, you can observe it since a few weeks. I dont know the reason for this situation. Are the specs so unballanced after the removal of all pvp-stats? Is it the fault of the queuing system? Is it a gear problem? I dont know, but please Trion take care about this, because warfronts doesnt make fun (and sense) to play currently.

MFG
    Maybe because once one team falls back, players trend to leave or go afk to bring the loss faster so they can join and farm another WF. Just because the weeklies are not about good participating in Warfronts but for winning as a whole team impartial if you contributed or not.

Is it PVP? Is it warfronts? Or is it the matchmaking system that could use an overhaul?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

I started 9 random WF today. I say started because I left about 5 as there was no way they were going to be a win.
    I was trying to get my daily plus 3x for patron.

Guess how many I won.

0-9
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    Is it PVP? Is it warfronts? Or is it the matchmaking system that could use an overhaul?
    If you look at all the totals at end game, total damage done, received, healing done and received, the range is huge. The current elo match making can not work properly, when the other variables are tossed in. The other variables are afkers and lack of knowledge of maps from new players. Until the bolstering system is looked into, nothing is going to change. The only thing working is those that want to PvP with skill as major factor and not gear, leave for another game. If nothing gets changed Rift will simple a game for raiders. PvPers, causuals and part timers, will take their money else where.

Mick, your problem is you leaving all the time. I replaced you the other day and we one. Lord knows my crap DPS contributed very little to the teams win. You got to be in it to win it. Why are there so many afkers? They are in it, do nothing but join and still have better odds of a win, verse ripping your ticket up.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    If you look at all the totals at end game, total damage done, received, healing done and received, the range is huge. The current elo match making can not work properly, when the other variables are tossed in. The other variables are afkers and lack of knowledge of maps from new players. Until the bolstering system is looked into, nothing is going to change. The only thing working is those that want to PvP with skill as major factor and not gear, leave for another game. If nothing gets changed Rift will simple a game for raiders. PvPers, causuals and part timers, will take their money else where.

Mick, your problem is you leaving all the time. I replaced you the other day and we one. Lord knows my crap DPS contributed very little to the teams win. You got to be in it to win it. Why are there so many afkers? They are in it, do nothing but join and still have better odds of a win, verse ripping your ticket up.
    The range is always huge because it is always hard to win a match from a bad position. A comeback is always hard and needs a well coordinated, mental strong group with more than just afkers and leechers like "Mick". You know why (nowadays so called) premades, mostly turn the blade on such games? Because they believe they can win, because they contribute and because a bad score does not make them think: "Damn those charges and weeklies wont be done at time".

The only people that will take their money and leave the game will be the one that never spent a penny and raiders surely are not the majority group that wins all matches these days. The majority of groups losing nowadays are the one with the most afkers and leechers. But thats just a problem of rewards that are given out to easy.

I think they are in trouble. I noticed yesterday lots of 5 flag KR, dex, and Blighted Nightmare starting with only 4-5 players on a team.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by esc2heaven View Post
    Stuff.
    I would not call Mick a leecher. The current state of affairs in Warfronts, is forcing a lot of players to take on this new attitude. This was never a problem in Storm Legion. With folks having < than dungeon gear, players are just plain disgusted with the game they love, it seems utterly fruitless, hopeless and a total waste of time to proceed. With the gear disparity, one's dps can't kill anyone and one's heals can't keep anyone alive. Ok, so they try to defend, nope they get killed like a fly. Ok, they try to go on the offensive, nope burned down in 2 seconds trying to sneak by. Now we have to settle for following the guy bettered geared then you and focus fire through him. Problem is, the guy is new to warfronts and has no idea what to do and follows the zerg. The under geared play now has to follow the zerg, it is just a pile of crap, because he knows what needs to be done but can't, due to gear.

There are more Raiders, then there has ever been in warfronts, any big Guild's log should be full on the first achivements gained from pvp. Looking at current screen shots and scanning for names, I hardly see any that fought during SL. That is a lot of paying folks that have left and I'm near that point myself, if things can't get straightened out somehow.

The Afkers are PvE folks who want the extra rewards and have no desire to pvp at all. If you have the choice to sit in a warfront and afk with a chance to get free stuff, why sit in town and have no chance? This problem needs to be dealt with separately.
    Last edited by Xnats; 01-22-2015 at 12:04 PM.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Telaran

well the white nights will say ooh its a ltp thing or go make a premade and add that to an if u dont like it bog off attitude from other directions, busted big time it is as no balance at all -- played pvp and raided in game from day 1 so why is pm only way to play now?
    total inability to to make it all random (small raids aint they them pms and they get all )
    pugs end up getting smashed and leave the game
    before xmas had 25 plus on a night in our guild -- every 1 of em filled time with pug pvp -- i know white nights will yell make a pm -- but hell game is just as much fun if your mates are on the other side -- 3 left in guild now -- thanks trion for that and if it carries on you and your glorious leaders will be out of jobs -- people have said time and time again but nope deaf ears -- almost as if they got hands tied behind backs and are in effect powerless to do anything
    pms ie baby raids rule rest of us are fodder and is something you just cant get past selective blindness will not help ether
    yep rant this is but comes from a very worried rift player who can see a steep slippery slope to the demise of rift

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    I started 9 random WF today. I say started because I left about 5 as there was no way they were going to be a win.
    I was trying to get my daily plus 3x for patron.

Guess how many I won.

0-9
    My first match yesterday was a BG in which one of the 6 players on my team was a notorious (for our bracket anyway) AFKer. Sure enough, as soon as we were down 100-350 he started whining about his scrub team and went AFK. After a bit of *****ing back at him we continued to focus futilely on the win.

We won it 500-480.

The AFK-whiner I am referring to is a total buffoon, but at least he had the sense to stick around for the possible recovery.

If you are not willing to work through adversity for the win, you don't deserve to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast