+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Bazza19
  • 1 Post By Bazza19
  • 2 Post By Talzoor
  • 1 Post By Nefelia

Thread: PvE king/premades of raid guilds.

Default PvE king/premades of raid guilds.

ok, so. I believe its called pvp FOR A REASON. PvE players should NEVER have advantage here, or at least raiders at this point.
    The problem does not particularly lie with solo queue'd raiders, sure they have advantage in 1v1 but pvp these days barely ever presents you with a 1v1 anyway. The problem lies with raiding guilds stacking 5(max) people into a wf and gaining max advantage. complete bull....

Bolster the gear. Simple. Any QQ that would follow from raiders if this happened would be completely irrelevant. Its pvp, plain and simple.

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't see why this is bothering you, us internet pixel dragon slayers are no match for real gamers like you. Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing gear removed from PvP completely. Aslong as I am not forced to keep a second set of gear for PvP I'm happy.
    Acuta - Apotheosys

don't get me wrong, I play both sides of the coin here from time to time. i even have the ungulok boots(yeah big whoop i know ).
    The idea from trion is to get people doing just this, fact is pvp'ers who don't want to/don't like pve simply won't. Its bad design, will never attract new pvp'ers and in the end will probably drive more of the older pvp'ers not interested in pve to leave.

Ascendant

There are any decent rading guilds which make 5man premade for WF? I thought dragon slayers come to WF's only to afk until they get lucky to get a win and then never show up again till they get more WF charges lol.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza19 View Post
    ok, so. I believe its called pvp FOR A REASON. PvE players should NEVER have advantage here, or at least raiders at this point.
    The problem does not particularly lie with solo queue'd raiders, sure they have advantage in 1v1 but pvp these days barely ever presents you with a 1v1 anyway. The problem lies with raiding guilds stacking 5(max) people into a wf and gaining max advantage. complete bull....

Bolster the gear. Simple. Any QQ that would follow from raiders if this happened would be completely irrelevant. Its pvp, plain and simple.
    The moment a PvE player steps into a warfront, he becomes a PvP player.

Semantics aside, the entirety of my PvP experience has been one in which I have been outgeared by PvP vets. I managed to persevere and improve my play to compensate, to the point that I have found a way to thrive amongst those with more skill and better stats than me. As such, I find the sudden wailing about PvE gear to be rather disconcerting. Where have the PvPers gone, and who are these pansies who have taken their place?

There is one complaint regarding PvP/Raid gear that I find valid: the excruciatingly slow pace in which PvP gear is earned. Fixing that should be the priority. Once that is done, go ahead and join the "Raiders are kicking my tender arse" bandwagon.

It's not about how much the raider's gear advantage is, its about the fact that no one can justify their advantage.

Raiders admit it's an unfair advantage and rift has acknowledge it as well. Yet no one has done anything about it or even answered why it's allowed to continue.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post
    It's not about how much the raider's gear advantage is, its about the fact that no one can justify their advantage.

Raiders admit it's an unfair advantage and rift has acknowledge it as well. Yet no one has done anything about it or even answered why it's allowed to continue.
    The size of the advantage does matter. If it is large enough to be seriously noticeable, then it is a problem. If not, then why should I bother to care?

I am not bothered by the principle of anyone having an 'unfair' advantage. I've spent the entirety of my PvP experience in Rift at an 'unfair' disadvantage: first to players who had a gear advantage for having done more PvP than me, and not to players who have a gear advantage for having done more raids than me.

That said, it would be nice to have a more PvP-centric mechanism for gear progression to a level on par with raid gear. The current system seems to be based entirely on mindless participation, while offering rewards inferior to raid gear at a slower pace (correct me if I am wrong). Time to stop whining and offer creative solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Talzoor View Post

This, this, this.

I am personally doing perfectly fine in PvP with my inferior gear, but that doesn't mean the raider's advantage is fine.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza19 View Post
    don't get me wrong, I play both sides of the coin here from time to time. i even have the ungulok boots(yeah big whoop i know ).
    The idea from trion is to get people doing just this, fact is pvp'ers who don't want to/don't like pve simply won't. Its bad design, will never attract new pvp'ers and in the end will probably drive more of the older pvp'ers not interested in pve to leave.
    Given your vast experience I wonder why you felt the need to create a sock to post this?

What are you afraid of?

pvp is the best pve
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Semantics aside, the entirety of my PvP experience has been one in which I have been outgeared by PvP vets
    This might well have been true. I long suggested the 2.0 60 WFs should be tiered. But, the difference was all that outgearing was earned only in PvP. That has been and continues to be the primary PvP complaint with the new "simplified" system.

At this point there should be no gear disparity in PvP. Bolster everyone to exactly the same levels.
    Last edited by Rheven; 01-16-2015 at 05:28 AM.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Champion of Telara

This is one of the ugly side effects of gear unification, mainly due to 2 reasons:

1) PvE only grants rewards when succeeding while PvP grants rewards with either result, but more of them when succeeding and,
    2) Gear obtained through PvE needs, by design and focus of the game, to be of higher stats so as to keep the progress of characters mainly from PvE means in a PvE-centric game.

No matter what solutions anyone can come up, the same rewards from 2 different parts of the game will never be fair. One way will always be more efficient.

They upped the Fragments of Horror awarded for PVP weeklies. Expect more of this.

I don't like to PVP, but, with each weekly giving 300 Frags how, I'm highly compelled. Of course, I'll be running with pre-mades with my guild.

Ascendant

Trion said they do it on purpose, to encourage players to seek for better gear via all content in the game. This is why some zone events can drop 150 hit raid weapons (rare chance) and this is why some PvP items are BIS even for PvE.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Trion said they do it on purpose, to encourage players to seek for better gear via all content in the game. This is why some zone events can drop 150 hit raid weapons (rare chance) and this is why some PvP items are BIS even for PvE.
    It was cheaper and required less developer manhours.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread