+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Uneven WF needs fixing.

Default Uneven WF needs fixing.

This has been posted to death I know.

Trion will not get rid of PM and Trion's team selection just doesn't work for some people like me.

Must of done 15-20 WF today to do my 4 randoms and won 2. That's right 2. The teams are so uneven that 80% of the time I leave as soon as I know there is no chance for a win. No point staying as favor and prestige now mean nothing and pointless staying for weekly kills because again the teams are so uneven your lucky to get 20 kills for a 20 min loss.

It's frustrating, it's a waste of time staying if you need a win and it's not enjoyable at all. Please don't tell me if I leave some Poor other player gets put in my place. 95% of the time I start the match and that's why it happens to me.

So maybe it's time to accept that PM are here to stuff up WF and CQ. But can we do something for the cannon fodder please.

What about random 3 losses in WF equals one win. The losses do not have to be in a row for daily randoms. You would have to stay till the end so the other team can have fun and farm you.

For Guns weekly 3 losses in a particular WF equals one win, again these losses do not have to be in a row.

So if I'm a patron and I am I get 7 daily randoms plus the 3 extra we get a week that's 10 randoms I need to lose 30 randoms if I don't win any. For Guns if it's a week without Port it's 9 x 3 = 27 losses. As randoms have more of a chance of not falling on Guns weekly that means 57 matches to do both these weeklies. All losses will start new each week at hotfix.

It might be a bit or a lot of work for trion but Im getting sick of pvp with It's uneven teams to the point of giving pvp away. Others have.

If you have any ideas how to improve pvp unbalanced teams please post but don't waste your time asking for PM to be banned it's not going to happen.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Ascendant

Must of done 15-20 WF today to do my 4 randoms and won 2. That's right 2. The teams are so uneven that 80% of the time I leave as soon as I know there is no chance for a win.
    Many a warfront have I won that started off with my team getting rolled in the initial encounter. If you are leaving as soon as you 'know' there is no chance to win, then you can not truly say that you won only 2 warfronts out of 15-20. You can say that you won the two of the warfronts that you bothered to see through to the end.

I have certainly noticed an increase of lob-sided battles lately, and I am sure Trion has the logs available to tell them concretely and objectively how even the battles have been recently. Statistics provided by someone unwilling to actually complete challenging matches is not likely to be very useful for them.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 01-15-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Champion

Premades are a significant problem in warfronts. Where the population is 90% pugs the roll em stomp em brigade has a field day. The old mantra .. make your own and play with friends is pure rubbish and comes from devs who only think CQ. Premades should be in CQ and not warfronts.

Having said that deserting,if you don't like how things are going,shows lack of commitment and ruins it for others who are literally dropped right in it without an opportunity to change things. Maybe they should increase the desertion penalty to 1 hour account bound because 15 mins does not seem to cut it now.
    Last edited by MoMo1; 01-15-2015 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Premades are a significant problem in warfronts. Where the population is 90% pugs the roll em stomp em brigade has a field day. The old mantra .. make your own and play with friends is pure rubbish and comes from devs who only think CQ. Premades should be in CQ and not warfronts.

Having said that deserting,if you don't like how things are going,shows lack of commitment and ruins it for others who are literally dropped right in it without an opportunity to change things. Maybe they should increase the desertion penalty to 1 hour account bound because 15 mins does not seem to cut it now.
    I did have the pleasure of solo queuing tonight and watching a few well known premades, attached at the umbilical cord on the other team, get stomped.

It was glorious.

To the OP, I was in a few White Fall matches where we had rogues/clerics/mages other team had warriors/rogues/mages. This happened twice. Didn't think to screenshot it. I will next time I see this come up.
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 01-15-2015 at 04:40 AM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    What about random 3 losses in WF equals one win. The losses do not have to be in a row for daily randoms. You would have to stay till the end so the other team can have fun and farm you.

For Guns weekly 3 losses in a particular WF equals one win, again these losses do not have to be in a row.
    terrible idea.
    been discussed and rejected before.

I do NOT want to see pvp ruined any further by encouraging more players to afk their way to success.

this really is the most pathetic idea that only encourages losers and quitters. it does nothing to encourage people to play the game.

play more
    lose less

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

ditto about not letting losses = wins!
    Personally, I do lose some of course but winning is not all that hard. And I always PuG.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Cool More cheese with that?

I would expect the PVE'ers that infest wf's these days to whine, but really the constant stream of complaining about pm's by "pvp'ers" disgraceful.

If you wf'd your way to 65, and run in a PM and heal half the time - idk what that does exactly to your ELO but I get raid after raid of inept, ungeared, afk, players that spend more time typing in wf chat than taking an objective and killing enemies .. we sometimes loose 5-6 in a row... sometimes we get rolled .... sometimes we win 10-15 in a row over a few days. more often than not its win - loose - win - win - loose - loose - win with no rhyme or reason.

Get over yourselves and understand yes the matchmaking system could use improvement - but its not that bad on average - the plague of afkers, quitters, and under geared bad players is really the bane of pvp atm; well that and the gearing debacle.

Everyone says they would prefer all matches to be perfectly close - I call BS - what they prefer are easy wins. Otherwise they wouldn't /afk or /recall as soon as the match looks difficult.

All the people complaining just want easy wins, tell me what did you do to help your team win .. did you: switch to heals, did you use the right dps spec for a given map, did you protect your healers, did you cc and focus their healers, did you take objectives, did you take charge and organize your raid? or where you running around like an idiot complaining about premades, wasting time typing in wf chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Many a warfront have I won that started off with my team getting rolled in the initial encounter. If you are leaving as soon as you 'know' there is no chance to win, then you can not truly say that you won only 2 warfronts out of 15-20. You can say that you won the two of the warfronts that you bothered to see through to the end.
    This^..

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    "What about random 3 losses in WF equals one win. The losses do not have to be in a row for daily randoms. You would have to stay till the end so the other team can have fun and farm you. For Guns weekly 3 losses in a particular WF equals one win, again these losses do not have to be in a row."-MickNico

terrible idea.
    been discussed and rejected before.

I do NOT want to see pvp ruined any further by encouraging more players to afk their way to success.

this really is the most pathetic idea that only encourages losers and quitters. it does nothing to encourage people to play the game.

play more
    lose less
    ..and this ^ say all that needs to be said.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Rift Disciple

Problem is healing is far too overpowered in war fronts. They should not be able to sit there and heal off 3 dpsers like they are flies. Add 3 or 4 healers to the mix and you have 20 minutes of boredom waste of time right there especially in maps like antechamber
    , white fall, and library.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post

Having said that deserting,if you don't like how things are going,shows lack of commitment and ruins it for others who are literally dropped right in it without an opportunity to change things.
    Maybe they should increase the desertion penalty to 1 hour account bound because 15 mins does not seem to cut it now.
    I'll raise that to a 20 hour cool down, coding is in place for advanced amenders. I have not done wfs in a month, I've upgraded my garbage gear to junk level. I did 3 today, all loses but last one was my fault for chasing kills, instead of watching objectives. It is utterly amazing how fast everyone ports out after he first wipe. Score is 0/0 but because they died, "they are out of here". Gear stats differences seem even larger then last month, people bailing ship has gone from a isolated epidemic to a full pledged plague.
    Please Ocho and Daglar can you please look into things a little more.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Problem is healing is far too overpowered in war fronts. They should not be able to sit there and heal off 3 dpsers like they are flies. Add 3 or 4 healers to the mix and you have 20 minutes of boredom waste of time right there especially in maps like antechamber
    So what do you suggest then? hm let me guess. 95% nerf to heals soo people like you can complain about not getting healed. Any real good pvper can bust down healers. it will take about 2 ppl with good burst. cc, pressure ect . If they r healing themselves then that is a good thing cause that means someone is dying on their teams cause of no heals.

No one dps should be able to solo kill a healer period.

Rift Disciple

95% is probably too much. 85% like what it was at 3.0 release was balanced. And agreed no one dpser should be able to solo a healer but 2 should be able to and 2 still can't do it 90% of the time.

In your mind, what is a good pvper?
    Full relic raid gear?

Rift Master

@OP when you have individuals such as yourself, playing as individuals and not as a team - you deserve to lose all the PvP matches you enter. Suggesting multiple losses counting as a win is just silly.

Queue with your own PM, get better, start making efforts to help your team play like a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    No, healers are not overpowered. I welcome you to roll a healer and experience it for yourself.

It is quite easy to fend off three bad DPS, even as a chloro. That has less to do with the healer, and more to do with the fact that the bad DPS will not use their CC effectively and don't know how to use their burst.

Any healer can tell you of the many times they have been taken out by two good DPS (or even just one for the case of a chloro with no break frees available). This is a L2P issue. PvE players have to adjust to the realities of PvP, where standing still and tapping out the best PvE rotation doesn't get you far.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xnats View Post
    I'll raise that to a 20 hour cool down, coding is in place for advanced amenders. I have not done wfs in a month, I've upgraded my garbage gear to junk level. I did 3 today, all loses but last one was my fault for chasing kills, instead of watching objectives. It is utterly amazing how fast everyone ports out after he first wipe. Score is 0/0 but because they died, "they are out of here". Gear stats differences seem even larger then last month, people bailing ship has gone from a isolated epidemic to a full pledged plague.
    Please Ocho and Daglar can you please look into things a little more.
    And what a slap in the face it is to face a 20 hour ban from warfronts when the internet craps out and you don't get back in on time. It has happened to me often enough that I will give a "hell no!" to increasing the duration of the AD rebuff.

Besides, don't most quitters use Soul Recall and the multitude of ports available from PA to get out of warfronts without suffering from AD. Or have those been disabled?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast