+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 158
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 61 Warlock in PVP - Try it!

  1. #106
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimTheGamer View Post
    Add void bolt to the bar and its not a big deal then?

    Adding Thundershock to the macro was my own choice so I can keep mobile. I would never play a spec that has to stand still in PvP. Putting thundershock at the end of the macro allows the mobility that I want. It'd be different if we were PvEing, but for PvP I prefer to keep moving in exchange for a loss of some DPS. Personal preference.
    Wouldn't you just add Void Bolt before Thundershock in the macro anyways, for Opportunity procs?

  2. #107
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Wouldn't you just add Void Bolt before Thundershock in the macro anyways, for Opportunity procs?
    That could certainly be an option!
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

  3. #108
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Wouldn't you just add Void Bolt before Thundershock in the macro anyways, for Opportunity procs?
    Having abilities that proc on opportunity in a spam macro will end up using your opportunity when you need it for an instant Fear.
    It also means you may lose your opportunity when Consuming agony is about to come back from cooldown.

    But I'm just an elitist after all. I only play a game if there is more keys than on a piano.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-18-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  4. #109
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Having abilities that proc on opportunity in a spam macro will end up using your opportunity when you need it for an instant Fear.
    It also means you may lose your opportunity when Consuming agony is about to come back from cooldown.
    I see you're under the impression that he's trying to make a good spec. Which is odd, because clearly he's trying for a one-button spec as derived from his macros. Ones that you yourself have already berated. I'm well aware that it would consume Opportunity, and it does make me sad that he agreed with the idea though I already knew it to be a bad one.

    That you don't see this is a little upsetting. It's like I we're on the same page but you're purposefully re-reading pages I've already read aloud. We can work together, if you just try a little harder to catch up with the conversation.

  5. #110
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    I see you're under the impression that he's trying to make a good spec. Which is odd, because clearly he's trying for a one-button spec as derived from his macros. Ones that you yourself have already berated. I'm well aware that it would consume Opportunity, and it does make me sad that he agreed with the idea though I already knew it to be a bad one.

    That you don't see this is a little upsetting. It's like I we're on the same page but you're purposefully re-reading pages I've already read aloud. We can work together, if you just try a little harder to catch up with the conversation.
    If you'd stop with your bad trolling and lame sarcasm, than perhaps there would be a chance for me to appreciate you?

    Unless what I just said is only sarcasm in which case you would probably see through the troll. But then again it could be serious. Who knows?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  6. #111
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    If you'd stop with your bad trolling and lame sarcasm, than perhaps there would be a chance for me to appreciate you?
    It's not trolling, it's a sincere plea for you to keep up with the conversation because I honestly detest having to explain everything as it happens. If you want me to stop using sarcasm, you're going to have to offer up better conversation.

  7. #112
    Rift Disciple Visionmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Hey guys, lets try to all remain constructive. There's nothing to gain from attacking one another.

  8. #113
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visionmaker View Post
    Hey guys, lets try to all remain constructive. There's nothing to gain from attacking one another.
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  9. #114
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Blade dancer #1 pressure spec, pop the 2 aoe CD's after you've got 5 stacks of duelist pose and your fated blades is going and you can really tear a team apart. Of course after that run ooc and switch back to ranger till they clump up again

  10. #115
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    The thing about warlock is that it _feels_ powerful, esp. in warfronts where you were going to steamroll the other side no matter what.

    The DoTs makes lots and lots of numbers. Seeing all those damage ticks, following around all those Reds, for all that time... . Especially as instants with those 1-sec GCDs. Feels like you're an inescapable whirling dervish of zapping.

    The OP mentions the fun of seeing someone run off into a corner, then dying from the ticks anyway. A different spec would have just killed them, but a guy running in panic before dying is more memorable. Likewise, killing someone with DoTs from the grave is fun. A better spec would just kill them, you know, before they killed you, but that's not as memorable.

    And DoTs do work well when the other team doesn't have a working healer, and no one is using AoE cleanse. In other words, Warlocks are great in lopsided fights where you'll crush them no matter what spec you play. But if you don't know that, you think your 'Lock's impressive numbers turned the tide.

    You and I see a health bar at half and dropping, maybe 6 seconds to go to zero; and we could heal that while still woozy from a root canal. But I think lots of people have never seen decent reactive healing. They think making a health bar slowly drop really is putting pressure on healers.

    Fear has the same remember-factor. It's a terrible CC to kill someone, with a cast time and a guarantee of being immediately broken by a teammate. But the few times it does work, making that rogue run away from the fight for 7ish seconds, those really stick in your mind.

  11. #116
    Rift Disciple Visionmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perticus View Post
    The thing about warlock is that it _feels_ powerful, esp. in warfronts where you were going to steamroll the other side no matter what.

    The DoTs makes lots and lots of numbers. Seeing all those damage ticks, following around all those Reds, for all that time... . Especially as instants with those 1-sec GCDs. Feels like you're an inescapable whirling dervish of zapping.

    The OP mentions the fun of seeing someone run off into a corner, then dying from the ticks anyway. A different spec would have just killed them, but a guy running in panic before dying is more memorable. Likewise, killing someone with DoTs from the grave is fun. A better spec would just kill them, you know, before they killed you, but that's not as memorable.

    And DoTs do work well when the other team doesn't have a working healer, and no one is using AoE cleanse. In other words, Warlocks are great in lopsided fights where you'll crush them no matter what spec you play. But if you don't know that, you think your 'Lock's impressive numbers turned the tide.

    You and I see a health bar at half and dropping, maybe 6 seconds to go to zero; and we could heal that while still woozy from a root canal. But I think lots of people have never seen decent reactive healing. They think making a health bar slowly drop really is putting pressure on healers.

    Fear has the same remember-factor. It's a terrible CC to kill someone, with a cast time and a guarantee of being immediately broken by a teammate. But the few times it does work, making that rogue run away from the fight for 7ish seconds, those really stick in your mind.
    Mass Fear is instant, read the thread to learn about the burst. Test the burst in practice - it hits like a truck.

    Things have changed.

  12. #117
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    The **** is this?

    Damn you, Hb. Why do you get fans but I don't? I hope your baguettes go stale.
    Sorry man but at my core im just a hb fanboy. Probably because he was destroying parses left and right after i entered the game.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

  13. #118
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Viod bolt 580 damage ,void bolt 850 , void bolt 680 , void bolt critically hit 1300 , void bolt 720.

    WTF is this balance Tion ??? As a rogue rank 7 with all my cd used ,shilds and evades , i died in like 12 sec from a buny jump mage that just heal himself and BAM hit me while he run ,and of course killed me with full hp and killed another one just like ti was nothing.

    I come back from a pause of 5 months to see THIS >>>?? Damn , i left with mages op and now i see them even more OP ?

    I wont stay more than 1 moth , for sure.


    #Nostalgia

  14. #119
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Viod bolt 580 damage ,void bolt 850 , void bolt 680 , void bolt critically hit 1300 , void bolt 720.

    WTF is this balance Tion ??? As a rogue rank 7 with all my cd used ,shilds and evades , i died in like 12 sec from a buny jump mage that just heal himself and BAM hit me while he run ,and of course killed me with full hp and killed another one just like ti was nothing.

    I come back from a pause of 5 months to see THIS >>>?? Damn , i left with mages op and now i see them even more OP ?

    I wont stay more than 1 moth , for sure.


    #Nostalgia
    inq is more OP than pyro has been since like, 1.1

  15. #120
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I really think Meduza should step in here and tell you why he doesn't play loc anymore. He IMO was the best loc in the game early on. Still is but he's mainly pyro now.
    I LOVE loc and I've stayed with it for a while, but it's no where near like it used to be. 61-64 was great, but when I hit 65 meh..but I wasn't geared to the hilt either so I don't know and i wont be because I loathe raiding. So I've moved on. The real kicker that killed Rift for me was all the damn absorbing. Just nothing but an absorb fest now days. It's the worst mechanic they could have introduced in the game, People just use it as a crutch these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts