+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does the pvp bow have a set bonus that increases the damage of a level 60 wand?

Telaran

Default Why does the pvp bow have a set bonus that increases the damage of a level 60 wand?

https://i.imgur.com/TTtPlU9.jpg

My rogue has no abilities called ethereal touch and according to Magelo etheral touch is a level 60 wand. This does not seem worth the 36,000 marks needed to upgrade it to match a dungeon drop.

Rift Disciple

What's ethereal touch?

the effect it is buffing is your main hand/off hand pvp weapon proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by clymene View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/TTtPlU9.jpg

My rogue has no abilities called ethereal touch and according to Magelo etheral touch is a level 60 wand. This does not seem worth the 36,000 marks needed to upgrade it to match a dungeon drop.
    Ethereal damage is related to your Masteries. Look at your level 65 (and/or 64) mastery tooltips. You'll see.

I did the math and estimate a 6% dps increase from the set bonus. I won't be able to parse it to verify for another 3-4 weeks once my belt and bow are fully upgraded, unless Trion lowers the accelerator requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I did the math and estimate a 6% dps increase from the set bonus. I won't be able to parse it to verify for another 3-4 weeks once my belt and bow are fully upgraded, unless Trion lowers the accelerator requirement.
    AFAIK, Ethereal Touch is the main hand or 2 hander weapon proc and not all Ethereal damage.

That weapon proc being worthless compared to expert weapon procs...
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    AFAIK, Ethereal Touch is the main hand or 2 hander weapon proc and not all Ethereal damage.

That weapon proc being worthless compared to expert weapon procs...
    So who is correct, cupcakey or snap? Surely someone out there has these items and can verify. I have an ap weapon with the proc but it'll be months before I can test it due to the ACM weekly cap, plus I'd rather not upgrade the weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    So who is correct, cupcakey or snap? Surely someone out there has these items and can verify. I have an ap weapon with the proc but it'll be months before I can test it due to the ACM weekly cap, plus I'd rather not upgrade the weapon.
    Ah **** I just saw Ethereal and jumped on that. Snap is more than likely correct especially if the weapon proc name itself is Ethereal Touch in combat log. I'm def not wasting my AMOC to test that out tho :P

Rift Chaser

Something tells me an Asian should know this. I always try to have a pocket Asian around me at work for those tough maths questions n stuffs.

It's the MH/OH proc. Not all ethereal damage. It'd be PVE BiS if so.

+ Reply to Thread