+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PVP losses

Default PVP losses

No doubt, 13 losses in a row tonight. How in the hell does that even happen? Well Trion, you know exactly where you can shove your pvp right?
    Last edited by Malackye; 01-14-2015 at 06:45 PM.

The streak lasted through 14. Bravo Trion....bravo.......

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    No doubt, 13 losses in a row tonight. How in the hell does that even happen? Well Trion, you know exactly where you can shove your pvp right?
    Level? Spec?
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Champion of Telara

If you are getting matched a lot against the same pre mades over and over, take a 10 minute break before queuing again so your team rotates.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    If you are getting matched a lot against the same pre mades over and over, take a 10 minute break before queuing again so your team rotates.
    Take this then add some of that premade to your friend's list so you can see if they are already in a WF or standing in a city in a "party". If they're standing around, they're probably queued. Wait until they're in a WF, you may have less chance getting up against them.
    CQ needs a enema.

Telaran

so you losing in pvp is somehow trions fault?
    do you rely purely on statistics to get your pvp wins? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    so you losing in pvp is somehow trions fault?
    do you rely purely on statistics to get your pvp wins? lmao
    I'm curious what the OP's spec and level are. But I don't think it's Trion's fault, they can't control what's sitting between the keyboard and chair.

Still doesn't mean I condone premades though.
    CQ needs a enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    Level? Spec?
    65 warlock. Trions fault? Oh yes. You dont have us farming our Prestige for how long, and then decide to merge all armor and give the true pvp'er the most awful paths to get gear. That and having the insta 60s, instantly start leveling with us and now doing WFs when they havent got a clue of what the F to do.

Ya, its trions fault.......

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I'm curious what the OP's spec and level are. But I don't think it's Trion's fault, they can't control what's sitting between the keyboard and chair.

Still doesn't mean I condone premades though.
    I only state its their fault since they were the ones that crapped on what little pvp they already had. Now forcing pve'ers to invade, not caring for wins, just marks. Takes away from those that do nothing but pvp.

Ascendant

I only state its their fault since they were the ones that crapped on what little pvp they already had. Now forcing pve'ers to invade, not caring for wins, just marks. Takes away from those that do nothing but pvp.
    Trion shuffles the teams from match to match within a rotation. Your allies may very well be your enemies in the next match, and back as allies in the next. This system usually prevents losing streaks caused by an uneven distribution of skill and gear. The chances of you drawing the short straw in such a set up 14 times in a row are remarkably slim.

Quite likely, the odds were skewed by the presence of a premade. Even so, I would expect you to have been placed on the premade's team at least once in 14 matches. Regardless, if you ever do find yourself in a losing streak, take a 15 minute break (do some PvE or make a sandwich) and log back into a different rotation.

Staying in the same rotation and building up rage is rather counter-productive.

Edit:

Now forcing pve'ers to invade
    Heavens forbid Trion finds a way to get new blood into PvP.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 01-14-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Trion shuffles the teams from match to match within a rotation. Your allies may very well be your enemies in the next match, and back as allies in the next. This system usually prevents losing streaks caused by an uneven distribution of skill and gear. The chances of you drawing the short straw in such a set up 14 times in a row are remarkably slim.

Quite likely, the odds were skewed by the presence of a premade. Even so, I would expect you to have been placed on the premade's team at least once in 14 matches. Regardless, if you ever do find yourself in a losing streak, take a 15 minute break (do some PvE or make a sandwich) and log back into a different rotation.

Staying in the same rotation and building up rage is rather counter-productive.

Edit:

Heavens forbid Trion finds a way to get new blood into PvP.

I agree with taking a break and coming back. New blood back into pvp? They shouldnt have ruined it in the first place. My comment is derived how unfair their gear is to those who strictly pvp now. I dont mind fresh faces, but dont "merge all gear" and have some pve knucklehead who charges vault everytime come in and kick my butt cuz he has better gear. When in reality, he shoudlnt be there in the first place. And dont get me going on the bolster reduction of their gear........

I agree with taking a break and coming back. New blood back into pvp? They shouldnt have ruined it in the first place. My comment is derived how unfair their gear is to those who strictly pvp now. I dont mind fresh faces, but dont "merge all gear" and have some pve knucklehead who charges vault everytime come in and kick my butt cuz he has better gear. When in reality, he shoudlnt be there in the first place. And dont get me going on the bolster reduction of their gear........
    why would you strictly pvp, i see this **** all the time here and it makes zero sense. wanna pvp play a moba or fps this game is not the game where you should only be doing one thing.

if you dont like it then the fault lies on you, anyone who has been playing this game long enough should know that pvp is not a priority for trion.

Ascendant

I'm not sure how much of an issue gear really is. The only real analysis I have seen (or rather, heard of) put the stat advantage at 7-15%. I am still awaiting a solid refutation of that figure. As such, I am not particularly concerned. Full-time raiders with the BiS items gained through raiding likely have far less PvP experience than me. It would take more than a 15% advantage for them to best me.

That said, I don't quite know why Trion hasn't gone ahead and de-bolstered the BiS raid gear in the warfronts. It is, at least on the surface of it, completely fair and provides a more level playing field in the warfronts/Conquest.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    why would you strictly pvp, i see this **** all the time here and it makes zero sense. wanna pvp play a moba or fps this game is not the game where you should only be doing one thing.

if you dont like it then the fault lies on you, anyone who has been playing this game long enough should know that pvp is not a priority for trion.
    Exactly this. You've made the concious decision to exclusively play a fraction of the game but expect to get gear equal to those that play the whole game?

Also I dont believe it is the gear that is making all the difference.
    Sure, if at the end of the fight the enemy is left with <10% hp and wouldve been killed in a GCD or 2 then maybe*. But if you are "getting your butt kicked" then there could be other reasons.

* - game is not balanced for 1v1's

You said this exact thing in a library and then you proceeded to AFK, while bragging about it half the war front. We then carried you to win. You sat at base half the warfront and you don't know why you have such long lose streaks?
    Pandia | Pandita | Kochochan | Tiamo
    <Natural Born Killers> and <-Every Time-> @Deepwood
    Stream on Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast