+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Ghia

Thread: Missed opportunity for PvPers

Shadowlander

Default Missed opportunity for PvPers

I was hoping to upgrade some of my "PvP" gear to epic, but see that the ridiculous upgrade path has only been reduced by 1 Abyssal Accelerator for the 1st upgrade? Seriously?

Please consider reducing the upgrade costs further as this just feels like another slap in the face. It will take forever to get epic (and still sub-par to PvE) gear at this rate.

* PvP and Conquest Weekly quest rewards have been increased. They now reward 300 Fragments of Horror, up from 100, and 650 Abyssal Crusader's Marks, up from 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    * PvP and Conquest Weekly quest rewards have been increased. They now reward 300 Fragments of Horror, up from 100, and 650 Abyssal Crusader's Marks, up from 500.
    The rate of gain on marks doesn't mean a thing when you're gated by the weekly cap. Those of us the complete the pve weeklies and dungeon charges cap out quite easily on abyssal marks.

Default It makes no sense

Reaching the cap of expert marks for 2 weeks just to upgrade pvp weapons and other pvp stuff

(4 weeks for the 2 handers. 24 upgrade tokens = 48000 marks)

JUST

for one upgraded item?

Ok, I try to turn it to another way

How many of you have even upgraded a pvp weapon yet?

I would say not many since you need them upgrade tokens for bis Rings and capes, maybe even necks/range weps

besides

you should spend some tokens to upgrade some pve stuff for set bonus as well...

In MY opinion the 2nd upgrade path from the pvp gear should be lowered by 25% to make them 2 handers and lots of other stuff even being considered as useful...

Until t2 not many ppl will have lots of full upgraded pvp stuff

And with that afk for win in pvp argument...

ALL of them more or less bis pvp earrings/cloaks etc can drop, full rng if any item drops from marauder boxes at all...

still, farming experts is looking way more rewarding towards gear progression than doing pvp

Anyway ty for reading

the single reduction so far is (hopefully) just the first, and came from a discussion with Daglar in the pvp forums. further reductions require other Trion staff to have a look at things first.
    I also agree that the middle upgrade cost is the kicker that needs a significant reduction for pvp gear to become anything more than a joke.

the fragments of horror increase is welcome.
    the abyssal marks increase will be welcome by those that only pvp, but reaching the weekly cap on those is effortless, so the increase there will not actually impact the game in any significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

I think the bigger issue is the weapon cost vs. the other gear cost. Blue NTE dungeon upgrades seem to be on par with pvp equipment upgrades. The big difference is cost of weapon upgrades for pvp where as the PVE players are getting the stats they want just from a dungeon drop. With that said, I've run hundreds of dungeons and I am still missing 2 pieces of gear that i want (both for gyel fortress). Everyday i specific queue, but at this point I'm tired of running random dungeons in hopes i get gyel fortress. My point is there is a huge RNG factor doing PVE as well and to get some of the best gear you need to do both PVE and PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Studly View Post
    I think the bigger issue is the weapon cost vs. the other gear cost. Blue NTE dungeon upgrades seem to be on par with pvp equipment upgrades. The big difference is cost of weapon upgrades for pvp where as the PVE players are getting the stats they want just from a dungeon drop. With that said, I've run hundreds of dungeons and I am still missing 2 pieces of gear that i want (both for gyel fortress). Everyday i specific queue, but at this point I'm tired of running random dungeons in hopes i get gyel fortress. My point is there is a huge RNG factor doing PVE as well and to get some of the best gear you need to do both PVE and PVP.

weapons and trinkets just happen to be nearly impossible to get from dungeons, much lower than a simple random selection from the loot table

also as you said there are several pieces needed from both methods if you want decent gear, for example the pve gear has almost no crit power.
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

+ Reply to Thread