+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By evelen

Thread: Patch notes for pvp

Default Patch notes for pvp

* PvP and Conquest Weekly quest rewards have been increased. They now reward 300 Fragments of Horror, up from 100, and 650 Abyssal Crusader's Marks, up from 500.
    * Reduced the cost from the first upgrade on equipment granted from Marauder Supply Caches.
    * Blighted Antechamber: Carrying a Flag now reduces the healing you receive.
    * Fixed an issue with some AoE abilities doing too much damage in PvP.

I like all of These changes. Though GA is still buggy as ****.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Definitely glad they took in one of the suggestions for a flag debuff.

Upgrade cost to get the gear to the last level of Empowered Dreambreaker gear is still quite high. The change to only the first tier upgrade is minimal. 3-4 weeks to upgrade one piece is outrageous when you have several that need upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Upgrade cost to get the gear to the last level of Empowered Dreambreaker gear is still quite high. The change to only the first tier upgrade is minimal. 3-4 weeks to upgrade one piece is outrageous when you have several that need upgrading.
    Yep, I went a head and started upgrading my 2 new Crit Power weapons this week. I thought there is no way they're going to cut down the first level, because the first level is really not the hurdle we're facing. I've got to stop thinking like that. I've been disappointed too many times not to have bought a clue.
    He could walk down your street and girls could not resist his stare and so Pablo Picasso was never called an ashhole.* Not like me! Not in New York!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2iLAubras

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post
    Yep, I went a head and started upgrading my 2 new Crit Power weapons this week. I thought there is no way they're going to cut down the first level, because the first level is really not the hurdle we're facing. I've got to stop thinking like that. I've been disappointed too many times not to have bought a clue.
    or you could pay more attention when a dev posts in the pvp section, since Daglar mentioned this last week.

P.S. don't be too hasty with further upgrades either, the cost to upgrade is being looked into further by multiple sets of eyes at Trion. of course, "being looked at" isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    or you could pay more attention when a dev posts in the pvp section, since Daglar mentioned this last week.

P.S. don't be too hasty with further upgrades either, the cost to upgrade is being looked into further by multiple sets of eyes at Trion. of course, "being looked at" isn't a guarantee.
    Maybe I read his comment differently but I wasn't expecting the accelerator reduction to only affect the first tier of upgrade. The bigger issue is needing 8 for one tier, 12 the next, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

No, I knew it was coming and had been saving my Accelerators ever since Daglar's original post. Then, I actually looked Daglar's post back up BEFORE I did the upgraded. It wasn't clear to me which level he would cut out, so I took a gamble. It was totally my fault. I shouldn't have been so greedy. However, since many of us had already achieved that first upgrade on much of our gear, it doesn't do as much good as I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I've reviewed the costing on the first items out of the boxes and reduced each of their cost by 1 upgrade component each. For some items this is a 50% decrease. For others it is a 20% decrease.
    ~Daglar
    Last edited by Skid Rogue; 01-14-2015 at 03:30 PM.
    He could walk down your street and girls could not resist his stare and so Pablo Picasso was never called an ashhole.* Not like me! Not in New York!

They should have reduced the insane upgrade requirement to dreambreaker and empowered dreambreaker, upgrading to ephemeral is easy and only required a few accelerators.

It will take me 3.2 weeks of capping Abyssal Marks, 48k marks, to upgrade my 2 handed sword to level 3.

Rift Chaser

This is how they give pvp progression, dat carrot looks good right? If you only pvp you will play the game forever to be gimped.

limp dick gimped.

So if I had kept playing, just now my Bladedancer would finally be hitting properly...

ROGUE
    * Fixed an issue where Finishers were not calculating correctly for having a weapon in the off-hand.

/sadface

edit: Least that is how it reads. Hard to tell, rolls hard even gimped. But since people said it sucked when it was good, even if someone says it sucks now, I have no choice but to disregard and assume BD is the Rogues eternally sweetest soul that only I and a few others got proper glimpses of.

edit2: some aoe abilities doing too much damage. Did a dev finally watch Dancing Steel and Hundred Blades fire off?!?!?

I'm a clarity and detail freak. It totally blows my OCD up that they say "some abilities" instead of writing out each and every discovered and patched ill ability >.<.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-14-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Maybe I read his comment differently but I wasn't expecting the accelerator reduction to only affect the first tier of upgrade. The bigger issue is needing 8 for one tier, 12 the next, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post
    No, I knew it was coming and had been saving my Accelerators ever since Daglar's original post. Then, I actually looked Daglar's post back up BEFORE I did the upgraded. It wasn't clear to me which level he would cut out, so I took a gamble. It was totally my fault. I shouldn't have been so greedy. However, since many of us had already achieved that first upgrade on much of our gear, it doesn't do as much good as I expected.

ok, i'll admit it wasn't crystal clear, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I've reviewed the costing on the first items out of the boxes and reduced each of their cost by 1 upgrade component each. For some items this is a 50% decrease. For others it is a 20% decrease.
    emphasise mine

that "first items out of the boxes" seems to strongly suggest its not the later stages of the upgrade path.

also, given that we're talking about a high cost, his mentioning that a single components reduction is a 20%-50% decrease is a very strong indication it is not the middle upgrade he's talking about (the really expensive one).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread