+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stop treating Healers like crap in PVP please

Soulwalker

Default Stop treating Healers like crap in PVP please

I am not sure why, but I don't see any other spec getting yelled at and swore at in PVP (and not just me). I watch now as DPS and just shake my head. There are DPS builds that don't kill anyone or do a dent of damage and no one says a word to them. You'd have to be out of your mind to want to heal people in this game or simply enjoy verbal abuse.

Treat us nicer. No, we can't heal just you. Sorry. We are not your little puppy. We are not going to follow just your character around where ever you want to overextend yourself and die. If you split off from the group, you risk losing a healer (we can only heal in our range). You are not the reincarnation of a God, so stop expecting us to serve you like some misguided minion with daddy issues. If you are lucky to have a healer follow you, it is not your chance to run straight at a hoard of enemies and never die. You are not Aragorn the Second and this is not the Lord of the Rings.

We are also not immortal. If 3 or more people are attacking you and 3 or more are attack me, you are probably going to die. It is not our fault. If you run DPS, you also need to learn how to protect the healers. If we are getting hit badly, we are going to stop healing you and heal ourselves. You also need to take time to learn about our specs before you call us out. PVP is a zerg fest. Accept it.

There is not a spam "full heal all party members no matter where they are on the map" button that is instantly cast with no cool down. Sorry, to every abusive player that thinks there is. Yes, I have seen players in totally different places on the map simultaneous complain together about not getting heals at the same time. I once even tried to explain how that was impossible for the healer and to lighten up. I was told I didn't know what I was talking about. I guess I am missing the button.

Even if you have a bad healer why are you yelling and swearing at the player? You ever see a good leader do that to a team member? It is a game anyways. You need to calm down. Swearing at your healer is only going to make the situation worse. If you know how to run a healing spec, try offering to meet up and help the player out. Yeah, helping and talking is a very normal, healthy human thing to do in life. If you never ran a healing spec, shut-up.

In dungeons and parties, I have seen healers treated totally different. I have ran hundreds of dungeons and parties. Here, the opposite occurs. People stick with the group and no one says "Hey, I think I will run off to check out those 6 scary looking guys over there all by myself.." and moments later shout, "thanks for the heal" sarcastically and start trolling the healer. Instead, they keep saying "thanks" at the end and mean it. My healing spec is never mistreated in dungeons so far.

Not every PVP player is a jerk, it is true. However, I am seeing a norm established on Rift wherein it is ok to be abusive to healing specs, and it is not right. No one deserves to be abused in or out of a game. If you think it is ok to verbally assault whoever you want, you should really go clean your toilet and think about the type of person you want to be in this life.

This is why a lot of healers switch to dps after a few deaths. Some people just aren't worth healing. These days, some teams aren't worth healing.

I absolutely never have complaints about my heals. If there is only one healer and everyone is bagging them then that is pretty stupid but if multiple healers are failing to keep anyone alive then either the dps are ******ed or the healers need to L2P

healers shouldn't even be queuing without a pocket paragon.

or at least that seems to be the message I'm getting from all those who keep saying paragon is fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Wish I would see a game where my team or the opponent team had less than 3 healers each. Have they done something with matchmaking lately?

I had a word to say to DPS who didn't do a dent of damage.

Ruined it for me, healers so used to DPS doing nothing, I'd finally get a team with 2 healers. And they are probably on failed WF #94 and aren't expecting a Rogue to finally do something. Ahh the depressing games of doing like 5x+ anyone on the teams damage, grabbing a KB or few, topping all damage by a massive amount, and eating dirt first because I received 7k heals.

I got driven away from playing a healer fast. So few DPS are worth healing. I felt like I did most my healing with Aborticus. And usually it's the horrible ones shouting at my healer which I'd probably make a better DPS slot taken up than. Best you can really do is ignore most the people, spot heal the people who seem to do good, and pump the people who actually can DPS like it's your life. I don't blame healers for wanting to queue with people. At least good DPS can pull off some tricks and stunts, and change the game a bit if they are good. But an amazing healer, is way more bottlenecked IMO, by a team full of poor DPS. Got to find/remember the good names, and keep them in yo clique.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

I don't often hear people complaining about heals in the warfronts, but when I do, it is usually from some derp who doesn't realize that he has over 150k heals received. Other times, it is simply from derps that over-extend, or simply those who have not figured out how to withdraw from the front lines to soak up some healing before heading back in.

That said, I have generally had a better experience than the OP. For every hostile comment regarding heals, I have witnessed three thanking the healers for the heals.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Best you can really do is ignore most the people, spot heal the people who seem to do good, and pump the people who actually can DPS like it's your life. I don't blame healers for wanting to queue with people..
    Agreed. Most matches are carried by the minority that know their souls, how to focus fire, and how to use CC effectively. The better players stand out easily, both on the scoreboard and by the way they play.

I rarely queue up with other people, but I do very much keep a mental priority list for my heals, and keep a very close eye on top performers.

But an amazing healer, is way more bottlenecked IMO, by a team full of poor DPS.
    Sometimes the best thing a good healer can do is go DPS. DPS really is under-rated in PvP, and no amount of good healing can make up for ****ty DPS.

Ok, I'm going to list all the things going through my head right now:

1. I haven't taken my medication.
    2. Healers DESERVE RESPECT! (I'm looking at you, Kronos and everyone).
    3. I am very close to firing everyone in the room, starting with asianguywithcamera.
    4. EVERYONE DESERVES RESPECT, INCLUDING HEALERS!
    5. This post will likely get me an infraction.
    6. I am about to sit on a plane for hours long that will take a toll on my behind.
    7. When I do get off the plane, I will be in an environment where it is subzero temperatures.
    8. Trion will likely close this thread.
    9. I DONT GIVE A <expletive>.

Now for the Jailbird of the Day...no jailbirds applied for the position, GOOD NIGHT!

<A lightning bolt cracks close by as Shed slams the door to his hotel room.>
    Last edited by Shedelin; 01-13-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Default Lol

<Tips hat> props to all you healers that solo Q, I wont.

While there are a very small % of players that are great and CC and FF and peel dps off the heals - that is exceedingly rare if your not running a pm, If I am solo I either run rogue for stealth or the new fotm Inq or Pyro or Dom Specs .. Dom is my current favorite I think.

But yeah gl running solo and expecting anything other than "Hey you **** where the F was my heal" meanwhile you had 2 pets and a inq or pyro on you ...

I don't often hear people complaining about healers. What I DO hear is people complaining about 8/12 dps clerics that can't kill crap.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I don't often hear people complaining about healers. What I DO hear is people complaining about 8/12 dps clerics that can't kill crap.
    You mean tabbing and spreading scourge so their meters look good isn't effective?

Yeah, healers are the most yelled at in WFs. On the other hand, they get the most accolades from players. I have never seen someone say in WF chat "great DPS" or "great CC" but I hear about great heals pretty often.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    That's funny, all I hear about cleric DPS is "OMG NERF INQ"

Ascendant

If you havent realized yet, most selfish kids plays only dps and believe they're the center of the universe.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

These days there might be a few clerics around who have never healed. Sometimes you get WF's with one chloro, and 6 dps clerics. I Ask politely for someone to switch, and no one answers. The match lasts about 30 seconds.

And the odd time I've seen a physician, fully heal specced trying to range dps.... I Stand right beside them at 10% health and nothing. In this case they deserve some flack, but most healers are trying to do their job. Some rely too heavily on macros and don't use their CD's right, but at least their trying. But the macroing problem exists for all callings, and it's really just a player skill thing.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast