+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CQ needs a few changes.

Default CQ needs a few changes.

First and foremost, if you're coming in here to b*tch about hearts in CQ still, get out.

And now to business, CQ is basically dead outside of rare prime-time hour matches. In the past two weeks I have only seen 2 CQs end because of the kill counter. Since there are very few incentives to play CQ now, players are joining in and leaving their team when they see they are wiping to a premade. Not only does their leaving further f*ck their team, they aren't even penalized like someone who bailed on a Warfront.

Another problem is that the populations in these games are already small to the point where a premade will dominate anyway. A lot of people will simply sit on their butts and wait for someone to yell timer and then swarm into the game to see if they got the winning team. These people who didn't participate at all in the match now get a chance to loot the chest. While the chest's contents (aside from the heart) are an absolute joke, it is extremely frustrating when someone joins last minute and gets a heart.

As such I would like Trion to implement a few changes to CQ to better help CQ become a fun PvP-based instance again:

1. If you leave a CQ, you should be banned from entering the following two CQs. This will give players a better incentive to stick around and help their team.

2. Players who joined at timer should only receive void stones or Abys marks from the chest. I'd say ban them entirely from the chest, but since a majority of people who join at timer usually help the team instead of afk, they should at least have a chance at some form of loot, but should not have a chance at Fragments or a heart.

3. The contents of the chest (aside from the heart) need a significant increase to encourage more players to play CQ. Rewards from the chest should be increased from their current amounts. Winning a hour long CQ to receive the same amount of fragments that would have taken me 20 minutes to get from an expert is BS. I understand that CQ is repeatable compared to the dungeon dailies, but CQ also requires a lot of coordination and teamwork to win. Players should receive at least 300 fragments or 800 abys marks or 1.5k voidstones or a heart when they loot the chest. This would greatly increase the interest in CQ and would give a greater incentive for people who don't normally PvP to try CQ.

Discuss.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-12-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Plane Touched

I have done plenty of CQ matches in my time. Both on PMs and just pugging it. There are things which I agree with you and things I do not agree with you.

1. Banning someone from 2 following CQs is bad and too much. What happens when you get DCed as people in CQ often do and do not reconnect before your reconnect timer runs out ? And thats just for starters.

I would however make it so people cant join at timer. this might improve things a little bit and give a 15 min debuff same as for WFs applicable to both CQ and WFs.

2. I like giving out rewards for winning, however, what is my incentive for sticking it out when I'm pugging on a losing side and outnumbered somewhere between 3:1 to 6:1 ?

80 void stones ? Am already capped WTF is that gonna do for me ? And even if I wasnt capped, 2 Manugo dailies that take respectively 30 and 40 seconds to do give me 80 void stones. So why take a whole hour when I can get same stuff in 2 min flat ? + doing the 2 manugo dailies gives 7-8 plat on top of that which CQ doesn't.

Favor ? I already have a stack of about 100ish favor accelerators in bank and a stack of about 70+ merc vials in my bag. WTF do I need more favor for ?

Prestige ? Already capped and using my myrm gear from SL as a costume. WTF do I need more for ?

Frozen heart ? I gave up on it due to RNG. There is no point of me runnign CQ actually even in a PM for the heart cause of it.

So this is the biggest thing. If you want me to stop bailing out of failed matches, or not come in at timer just to check for chest or come at all, you have to make it worth it for me to stick around. Double that if its against the obvious bad odds.

Whatever you think of, it has to be enough to make my time worthwhile, count towards MY progression, because this is a progression game, and it has to be good enough on per time basis vs what I can get outside of CQ for same timeframe.

And while this is applicable only to me, I assure you, there are a ton of players that are just like me.

We need a carrot, and that carrot has to be DAMN GOOD and effective for us to stick it out vs PMs. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    We need a carrot, and that carrot has to be DAMN GOOD and effective for us to stick it out vs PMs. That simple.
    If you want to stick out against a premade you should join a premade that can take the other one head-on before entering CQ. Plain and simple.

The only time players should get a good reward is if they win. You don't get dailies if you lose a warfront, you don't get loot if you don't win CQ. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
    I agree.
    bring back CQ Power!

I don't totally agree on the banning of quitters (though I'm certainly not a fan of them), but I can agree on denying hearts to timer joiners, or increasing the drop chance of a heart for participation in the match.

players already receive incremental void stone rewards during the match, how about tying the chest drops to those stones and making each stone provide a loot buff. no VSs (timer joiner) very low chance of a heart or any "good" stuff (marks of horror), lots of VSs: higher chance of a heart or other appealing drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Your carrot on a stick is just another way to force people to do something they do not like.

If you want more people to CQ then make CQ more fun. Giving top loot and denying loot unless they play the whole game will do what exactly? Force people who dont want to CQ do CQ.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    1. If you leave a CQ, you should be banned from entering the following two CQs. This will give players a better incentive to stick around and help their team.
    I'd say if you queue up and are outside of CQ for 5 minutes, you get a 6 hour ban from joining CQ than only counts down when logged in, like the Leaver debuff from Experts and Warfronts.

That's enough time that even raiders will feel it and stops people from being dicks while giving leeway to those who d/c.

This prevents *******s from trolling by joining and AFKing throughout.

Also forbid people from looting the chest unless they help take an extractor or kill 10 players.
    Last edited by evantide; 01-12-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Regardless, can we all agree here that Trion needs to look into CQ and increase the rewards for everything in it including the chest? The current rewards are all around garbage at the moment (except the heart, which is the only good thing).
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-12-2015 at 05:39 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

For rewards, I think full heart RNG is bad. Would vastly prefer old Depleted system, so:

500 VS + 100 Frags + 10 Heart Fragments + Dreambreaker Cache.

or

300 ACM + 100 Frags + 10 Heart Fragments + Dreambreaker Cache

200 Heart Frags = 1 Heart.

Sounds a lot more fair.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    If you want to stick out against a premade you should join a premade that can take the other one head-on before entering CQ. Plain and simple.

The only time players should get a good reward is if they win. You don't get dailies if you lose a warfront, you don't get loot if you don't win CQ. It's as simple as that.
    Ya except the part where wf's are 10 minutes long and cq is an hour. You can't compare the two if you don't want to be laughed at. Running around in cq doing everthing your pug leader says for an hour then getting nothing because you weren't on a pm? **** that and **** you.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

They should start with making Steppes of Infinity Conquest not a decisive win for a team after a minute into the game.

At least Stillmoor, there is a reason to stick to the end since win is never guaranteed except later at night or early in the morning when nobody is playing and Premades are just cruising.

As for insensitive to stay the entire game, either make it so the heart have an increased chance to drop the longer you spent inside the Conquest.
    But that would cause problem with AFKers.

Could also make it so between 1 or 5 minutes after Conquest have started, if you join in the conquest, you gain a buff that double the chances for you to get a heart out of the chest. Leaving the Conquest remove the buff and you cannot gain it after the 1-5 minutes after the start.
    This way, it's an insensitive to get in from the start of the Conquest and not leave.
    Would also cause problem with AFKers but may be easier to work with than the other suggestion.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-13-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Leave it as is and let Trion continue to gather the numbers. Then ask the question: Do people enter CQ more for the enjoyment or more for the reward? If numbers are at all time lows then I think you have your answer.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

OP ever heard of totalitarianism ?
    i personally think people who leave CQ should be put in jail then registered on the list of CQ offenders.

it's been said already , CQ doesn't need to be incentivized... the day it becomes fun people will join whether there is a reward or not.

reward people for completing content they like , don't punish them for not participating (or barely participating) in content they hate. it's a game , not a russian gulag.

Kill it. /10char
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    reward people for completing content they like
    once upon a time, people liked pvp in Rift...

...don't let them find out you enjoy something, if you wish to continue enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    OP ever heard of totalitarianism ?
    i personally think people who leave CQ should be put in jail then registered on the list of CQ offenders.

it's been said already , CQ doesn't need to be incentivized... the day it becomes fun people will join whether there is a reward or not.

reward people for completing content they like , don't punish them for not participating (or barely participating) in content they hate. it's a game , not a russian gulag.
    My point is was more along the lines of if you're not going to stick around in CQ, then you shouldn't have joined it in the first place. As such, CQ should have a penalty on it if you leave. Warfronts have a penalty, dungeons have a penalty, CQ should also have a penalty.

My problem with CQ is aside from the heart, there is absolutely nothing in that chest that is worthwhile. There are several people who like and enjoy playing CQ, but since the rewards aside from the heart are an absolute joke, CQ isn't providing a form of progression that it did in Storm Legion to those players.

My points here are that A. The chest rewards need a significant buff and B. Something needs to be done about the AFK and timer players who join that don't support the team, to many people are getting away with looting a chest that they put almost no effort into getting.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 01-13-2015 at 08:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast