+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By SprawlnBrawl
  • 1 Post By Lokken`
  • 1 Post By Planetx

Thread: @ Daglar, why does PvP gear require 2 marks to upgrade and PvE only one?

Default @ Daglar, why does PvP gear require 2 marks to upgrade and PvE only one?

I think a lot of people would be happy if you just removed the PvE mark requirement from PvP gear, increase the PvP mark requirement if needed, either that or require all gear obtained from PvE to also need PvP marks in addition to PvE marks, so it's even for both sides.

-Techfalll@Depwood, #1 Athlete World
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 01-12-2015 at 12:51 PM.

"There is no pvp gear, just gear."

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    "There is no pvp gear, just gear."
    If that were the case all gear would require pvp marks as well

Just quoting daglar from the live stream. Even though there isn't pvp gear, there is "pvp-like gear" with "pvp-stats"

This week's patch should reduce the number of accelerators to upgrade Marauder gear. As to how much, we'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling it'll still be quite excessive, which is why I'm holding off on upgrading my cape and weapons.

Prophet of Telara

This week's patch should reduce the number of accelerators to upgrade Marauder gear. As to how much, we'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling it'll still be quite excessive, which is why I'm holding off on upgrading my cape and weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I've reviewed the costing on the first items out of the boxes and reduced each of their cost by 1 upgrade component each. For some items this is a 50% decrease. For others it is a 20% decrease.

We will not be granting any retroactive reimbursement for this change.

This change will not be in the weekly hotfix this week, but likely next week.

~Daglar
    So upgrading a chest will cost 46k AC marks instead of 48k.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Remember that the game is F2P these days.
    They're not going to take something that can be bypassed with credits (expert mark accelerators) and replace it with something as bountiful as Favor.
    What would need to happen is PvP marks of some variety being added back into the game.
    Last edited by nacho; 01-12-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Remember that the game is F2P these days.
    They're not going to take something that can be bypassed with credits (expert mark accelerators) and replace it with something as bountiful as Favor.
    What would need to happen is PvP marks of some variety being added back into the game.
    They could always just drastically raise the amount of favor required to buy the favor infused accelerators and reduce the amount of abyssal crusader's accelerators required. That way it would take as long to get the items upgraded, but you could do it in a way that feels fun for you.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Telaran

atleast favor doesnt have a weekly cap.. lol

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    atleast favor doesnt have a weekly cap.. lol
    That is the solution. If it was capped we can just get the marks we earn while still being gated. The real question is how much Trion wishes to gate players. I personally think that they are gating players far too much and that is just making it impossible to sustain a solid player base.

For me, if it wasn't for the sparkle boxes I would have progressed a bit into raiding more but I would have earned exactly one piece of gear in the last 2 months. This means all the itemization, all the thought they put into making gear has been wasted development.

You build a game so people can play it and most of it not so people are walled that they can never go anywhere for months at a time. Then they are forced into pay to win because that is the only solution left for them to do to keep up with the lottery winners.

Just quoting daglar from the live stream. Even though there isn't pvp gear, there is "pvp-like gear" with "pvp-stats"

Lmfao if your quote or Daglar is right.

NO PVE GEAR, NO PVP GEAR JUST GEAR

They want people that pvp to get two sets of gear while high end raiders come into pvp get dropped down to maximum specs and kick our butts. This is the one thing in pvp that really is unfair. Way to go trion, big big fail here. Anyway I have said all this before it's unfair. Get rid of your so called "pvp-like gear". There is no PVP GEAR REMEMBER. Give us our secondary stats so we can use one set of gear for both PVE AND PVE.
    Last edited by MickNico; 01-13-2015 at 01:50 AM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Careful asking Daglar to reply. He doesn't usually reply in threads containing his name.

why can't you just give us our vengeance back, and drop upgradeable pvp gear in dungeons, and bis pvp gear in raids along with the normal drops. That way we all get to the same gear lvl.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    That is the solution. If it was capped we can just get the marks we earn while still being gated. The real question is how much Trion wishes to gate players. I personally think that they are gating players far too much and that is just making it impossible to sustain a solid player base.

For me, if it wasn't for the sparkle boxes I would have progressed a bit into raiding more but I would have earned exactly one piece of gear in the last 2 months. This means all the itemization, all the thought they put into making gear has been wasted development.

You build a game so people can play it and most of it not so people are walled that they can never go anywhere for months at a time. Then they are forced into pay to win because that is the only solution left for them to do to keep up with the lottery winners.
    You hit the nail on the head. For me, its been so slow in gearing, I can see no way to get my old mains up to snuff. I went from four active toons to one and if the WFs just aren't friendly to the one toon I play now, I just log off. I am not spending the next two years gearing up one toon every 6-9 months doing dungeons I never wanted to do or being artificially gate tied to people who do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. For me, its been so slow in gearing, I can see no way to get my old mains up to snuff. I went from four active toons to one and if the WFs just aren't friendly to the one toon I play now, I just log off. I am not spending the next two years gearing up one toon every 6-9 months doing dungeons I never wanted to do or being artificially gate tied to people who do.
    That gate is locked so tight I have given up trying to get in. I make do with stuff I pick up along the way or if something isn't too cost prohibitive. Tired of being on the outside looking in. If they don't lower costs of gear for pvp only people I am doomed.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    That gate is locked so tight I have given up trying to get in. I make do with stuff I pick up along the way or if something isn't too cost prohibitive. Tired of being on the outside looking in. If they don't lower costs of gear for pvp only people I am doomed.
    @ Daglar, why does PvP gear require 2 marks to upgrade and PvE only one?-doomed.jpg

/10char
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 01-14-2015 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread