+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: PvP Guns and WF carnage weeklies conflicting?

Default PvP Guns and WF carnage weeklies conflicting?

At first I thought it was the pve players that never pvp'ed before now doing pvp weeklies and then I thought it might be new people that leveled to 60 and are now 65 that don't know about objectives in wf and just dps in the middle of the map. Now I'm not so sure. No doubt some of these players are in there that don't know what to do but I think a lot of people once they have their Guns quest just go into wf to do the carnage kills which you can't blame them for.

Still this makes it hard for all the people like myself that pug wf trying to do guns while 80-90% of the team dps in the middle of the map.

What would solve this problem is have the Guns quest as it is and the Carnage quest only counts on all the other wf.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

some people just pvp for it's own sake and don't really care whether their team wins or loses. these types of players have always been around, they're aware of objectives, but would rather just kill people instead. this was basically me during sl and probably what you're seeing instead of people worrying about kills, because you'll get 1000 kills for doing literally nothing throughout a few days of warfronts.

the bigger "problem" is a new type of player or players that are pvping now during 3.0--the player or premade who doesn't care about pvp at all, or may not even like pvp, and just wants to win for for his weekly/daily/sparkles/whatever. these types of players are a much bigger detriment towards pvp in general because they tend to queue in with groups of tank, tank hybrids (arbiter/dom and cleric tanks with a purge and brez are popular ones), support, and healers, with the sole intention of staying alive while holding a stone or sitting on top of a point until time runs out and the match finishes.

during sl this wasn't much of a problem but now that pve rewards are tied into pvp and tank gear is usable in pvp, actually stacking tanks and healers is probably one of the most effective way to win warfronts. unfortunately there isn't really anything fun about trying to kill a few tanks who can purge, drain, and squirrel while a puri, sent, or phys is stuck to their ***, and if you do manage to kill one or two, respawn timers are short enough, heals strong enough, and hp pools large enough that the rest are probably going to stay alive until the others get back.

some kind of max hp cap or tank gear simply being unusable in pvp would go a long way to stop people from ****ting up warfronts like this.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Champion

One of the biggest reasons for AFKing in warfronts is the kill quest weekly. Remove that quest and replace it with x wins in any warfront. Also the desertion buff of 15 mins is a joke and no deterrent. Make it an hour and account bound. Same goes for CQ. As soon as the 5 min timer goes it should be closed to new arrivals and returnees.. applying account bound. It would go a long way to stopping leaching and TRION's view that players in PVP can lose ther way to the top. Their system allows free loaders, premade stacking/ leaving but they will not take effective action. As a result they stop effective progression in PVP and make it a mini game where freeloaders take the mickey and everyone else gets punished. If you do not want to be there the don't be there.. There are plenty of other routes to get to the end result without ruining it for others who want to make progress in one aspect of the game they find better than raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    One of the biggest reasons for AFKing in warfronts is the kill quest weekly. Remove that quest and replace it with x wins in any warfront. Also the desertion buff of 15 mins is a joke and no deterrent. Make it an hour and account bound. Same goes for CQ. As soon as the 5 min timer goes it should be closed to new arrivals and returnees.. applying account bound. It would go a long way to stopping leaching and TRION's view that players in PVP can lose ther way to the top. Their system allows free loaders, premade stacking/ leaving but they will not take effective action. As a result they desstop effective progression in PVP and make it a mini game where freeloaders take the mickey and everyone else gets punished. If you do want to be there the don't be there.. There are plenty of other routes to get to the end result without ruining it for others who want to make progress in one aspect of the game they find better than raiding.
    No Thanks. I pug and Im one of these fools that keep getting put on crap teams. It's very hard for me on whatever ranking they have me on to win guns.
    As for deserting NO NO NO I am feed up with having to play 7-10 wf to win one. If I port in and it's a loss well no point staying, favor means nothing and prestige means nothing so Im not staying. If the game starts and it looks like 80-90% of the team have run in the middle of the map to just dps and are not doing objectives when I need a win well Im out. Been playing to long to put up with crap teams while I can be farming a million stones or marks or doing achievements.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion

And it is for that reason you get put into losing teams ..because folk desert if things don't go their way dropping you into a losing side more often than not if you Q for PVP

I worked my way to 100 prestige but did not do it through afking, premades and losing as Trion would insultingly suggest.

the OPs problem is that he is in the minority of Rift players.
    you need to join the majority.

fortunately, they now have something for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

MoMo1. I also am 100 prestige and I don't group. But I understand what your saying about being put in a losing side half way in. My problem is it doesn't really matter if I start a wf or come in half way I'm more than not put on a team that loses. I do objectives to win, I tell the team to do them and when it doesn't happen Im out. Whatever system trion have on which team you join Im on the one that will lose 80% of the time.

Kronos v. What minority are you taking about? Are you saying to group up? What if Im not in a pvp guild anymore because trion stuffed it up 3.0 and 90% of my old pvp guild went to AA. What if I hate the whole idea of PM.

What with the IQ link? I would kick your butt on any IQ test. But I have wasted enough time on this.

Let's try to keep this thread about OP please.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Kronos v. What minority are you taking about?
    the minority I was referring to is smart players. the majority of players (those derping at mid instead of playing objectives) are idiots.

What with the IQ link? I would kick your butt on any IQ test. But I have wasted enough time on this.
    that was the point. you are too smart to have fun with stupid players.
    the solution is to become stupid yourself.

you clearly didn't watch the link.
    or else you are not as smart as I thought you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the OPs problem is that he is in the minority of Rift players.
    you need to join the majority.

fortunately, they now have something for that.
    Oh my gosh! That link is priceless.
    Tis really sad though, that it's true.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

the minority I was referring to is smart players. the majority of players (those derping at mid instead of playing objectives) are idiots.

My bad. No I didn't look at the video as the only time I post is on a mobile having my bottle of wine at the pub each night (medicine / chronic pain or I don't sleep) so I have to watch my data used on my mobile. Sorry.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

I just had a look at it Kronos. That is funny, can always use a laugh Thank you.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    some people just pvp for it's own sake and don't really care whether their team wins or loses. these types of players have always been around, they're aware of objectives, but would rather just kill people instead. this was basically me during sl and probably what you're seeing instead of people worrying about kills, because you'll get 1000 kills for doing literally nothing throughout a few days of warfronts.

the bigger "problem" is a new type of player or players that are pvping now during 3.0--the player or premade who doesn't care about pvp at all, or may not even like pvp, and just wants to win for for his weekly/daily/sparkles/whatever. these types of players are a much bigger detriment towards pvp in general because they tend to queue in with groups of tank, tank hybrids (arbiter/dom and cleric tanks with a purge and brez are popular ones), support, and healers, with the sole intention of staying alive while holding a stone or sitting on top of a point until time runs out and the match finishes.

during sl this wasn't much of a problem but now that pve rewards are tied into pvp and tank gear is usable in pvp, actually stacking tanks and healers is probably one of the most effective way to win warfronts. unfortunately there isn't really anything fun about trying to kill a few tanks who can purge, drain, and squirrel while a puri, sent, or phys is stuck to their ***, and if you do manage to kill one or two, respawn timers are short enough, heals strong enough, and hp pools large enough that the rest are probably going to stay alive until the others get back.

some kind of max hp cap or tank gear simply being unusable in pvp would go a long way to stop people from ****ting up warfronts like this.
    This is pretty much me. I'll being killing fools at dex then once we take that I think " hey you know I could go cap stat" but then I see the 65k health pyro and go blow his *** up. I guess I just play a more indirect role in winning wf's
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

I am feed up with having to play 7-10 wf to win one. If I port in and it's a loss well no point staying, favor means nothing and prestige means nothing so Im not staying.
    Reminds me of a story: "what if everybody did"

The reason why there are so many people getting stuck on the 'loosing' team is because for every time you port out/abandon the WF, there is another MickNico getting put in his spot.

Also, if your team was loosing prior, being down a player or two for a bit certainly isn't helping the team.

If the Deserter debuff was enough to prevent people from abandoning loosing WF's, there would be alot less people abandoning WF's. Which would mean alot less people being put on 'loosing' teams.

In other words, you, and people like you are only making it worse for yourselves.

Abandoning a WF doesn't just mean you're leaving, it means you're hurting your team, as much as being /afk (at least until a replacement comes). A come back is significantly less likely to occur when your team is out-numbered. And the person who gets in the WF would certainly want to punch you in the face(figuratively) if they knew you were the reason why they got 'stuck on the loosing team.'

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    Reminds me of a story: "what if everybody did"

The reason why there are so many people getting stuck on the 'loosing' team is because for every time you port out/abandon the WF, there is another MickNico getting put in his spot.

Also, if your team was loosing prior, being down a player or two for a bit certainly isn't helping the team.

If the Deserter debuff was enough to prevent people from abandoning loosing WF's, there would be alot less people abandoning WF's. Which would mean alot less people being put on 'loosing' teams.

In other words, you, and people like you are only making it worse for yourselves.

Abandoning a WF doesn't just mean you're leaving, it means you're hurting your team, as much as being /afk (at least until a replacement comes). A come back is significantly less likely to occur when your team is out-numbered. And the person who gets in the WF would certainly want to punch you in the face(figuratively) if they knew you were the reason why they got 'stuck on the loosing team.'
    You are assuming that MickNico considers anything other than his immediate gratification. Let him leave and make way for a player willing to play under adverse conditions.

Ascendant

The best (as in most fun) match I had today was a Codex match in which we were getting utterly slaughtered. I had a blast teaming up with another healer and just seeing how long we could survive the onslaught. We gave them a merry chase, and I had over a million damage received before my fellow healer and I split to go our own way. I then roamed around looking for someone to heal and trying to cap whatever could be capped.

Did we have a chance of winning or turning the battle around? Not a bit. But my choices were limited to:

*1. Raging and complaining, as others chose to do
    *2. Finding a way to enjoy the match

I play Rift for the fun of it, so the choice was an easy one to make. It is an issue of wisdom, rather than intelligence.

P.S. Someone was so enraged by my chipper attitude throughout that loss and the next that he told me to ****. Apparently, my occasional comments were distractions and a significant contribution to our losses.

Good times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast