+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Rogue Ranger ability " Diffuse " needs either total rework, or removed from PVP

Default Rogue Ranger ability " Diffuse " needs either total rework, or removed from PVP

This is fine for new players to solo boars in freemarch, but in pvp it's broken and needs to either be reworked or disabled.

Diffuse : Intercepts ALL incoming damage to the rogue for 10s.

Let's compare to Riftstalker cooldowns.

Planar Refuge : Reduces damage taken by 30% for 10s

Scatter the Shadows : Removes curses etc, Reduces damage taken by 90% for 5s

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that something is wrong here. A dps soul should not have what is essentially a tank cooldown that's better than the tank soul's cooldown by a huge margin.

Please fix. Nerf now. ETC ETC.

xo xo
    Last edited by Archemys; 01-07-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

You realize you can kill the pet in like 5 seconds by yourself or 2-3 seconds with another player and then the ranger has 0 saves?

Champion of Telara

Yes but Judicial Privilege.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Yes but Judicial Privilege.
    Ironically yes, JP is about = to diffuse if one knows what they are doing.

Also, ironically, a pyro dishes out about as much damage with utility (debilitate, stuns) to kill said ranger with diffuse in the same time a good ranger can kill that pyro. Same goes for a good inq and a good ranger. JP + 2 fears is about = to a ranger with no utility and diffuse.

At least if you've played all three competitively you realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Ironically yes, JP is about = to diffuse if one knows what they are doing.

Also, ironically, a pyro dishes out about as much damage with utility (debilitate, stuns) to kill said ranger with diffuse in the same time a good ranger can kill that pyro. Same goes for a good inq and a good ranger. JP + 2 fears is about = to a ranger with no utility and diffuse.

At least if you've played all three competitively you realize this.
    I must use it wrong when I pvp w\ my cleric because I still die.

You can't compare a puny heal when hit ability w\ 10s of complete damage immunity. Hence why I linked similar TANK cooldowns from rift stalker that are not as good as 10s 100% to illustrate this.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Ascendant

I would agree with you if it wasnt purgable, but it is and every calling have easy access to purges except rogues.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Telaran

its 10s 100% up to a cap btw - the pets HP, after that its nothing. The tank cooldowns still mitigate more depending on incoming damage.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

You can't compare a puny heal when hit ability w\ 10s of complete damage immunity. Hence why I linked similar TANK cooldowns from rift stalker that are not as good as 10s 100% to illustrate this.
    It's not 10 seconds of damage immunity. The affect last for 10 seconds. The damage immunity lasts only as long as the pet does (ie when your pet dies, affect is over). This requires excellent pet management by the ranger, because if he uses diffuse when his pet is at 10% health, obviously it's a waste. That said, unless they've changed something, it can be purged. Even if it couldn't be, I've had my pet globaled using diffuse with me dying a couple globals later. There are ways around it, just get smart/better at pvp. The incessant whining about gear/abilities/class etc has dumbed this game down so much it's practically unbearable. Diffuse is maybe the one redeeming ability Ranger has, in terms of pvp (once you realize pvp is as much about timing, utility, actions/counteractions and positioning, as it is about damage and healing).
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

My pet usually dies in less than 5 seconds when I pop diffuse, less if it's not at 100% hp, which it rarely is. On a side note, it's more efficient to let my pet die (or just summon a new one) instead of using rejuvenate. It takes way too long to get my pet's hp from ,10% to 100% while it's in combat.

Rift Chaser

Well, it's at least refreshing and new. Nerf diffuse sure..I'm down.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post

You are probably doing it wrong. I kill rangers through their diffuse.

Just some tips. You have dots-dot then los target. Watch them die as you keep los. I also dot the pet before I los, in this way the pet dies sooner if diffuse is active since I doubled up on the dots.

You have an aoe fear. It usually orients the target in a random direction too. When said ranger runs around said object you are los him with aie fear into a channeled burst.

You also have a at will daze.

You also have two full aggressive renewals, which are heals.

Unload in order your dots, nysrs, aggressive renewal, ether stream, reset, repeat. Also ensure you are auto critting your hard hitters.

This is what I have to do against the good players. Most I can just force burst down. If you go two druid rest in shaman you have two shields as well which, in a close fight, can make the difference, especially if you preshield giving you three shields total in the fight.

Last, most rangers have very little buffs. Purge immediately and again when its up and you gimped said ranger since most go into sin for the two poisons, which currently at 50% proc chance do a lot more constant damage over the course of the battle.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-07-2015 at 04:35 PM.

all the warrior players are quietly weeping at their keyboards right now, because warrior dps souls get nothing like diffuse, Judicial privilege, twilight transcendence, slip away....

... and we're expected to survive in melee...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Typical... People justifying Diffuse by talking about Juridical Privilege, inquis damage and pyro damage.

Should just nerf all of them in PvP and call it a day.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

It's only the absolute worst of players who struggle with diffuse, ie those who cannot swap to target the pet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    all the warrior players are quietly weeping at their keyboards right now, because warrior dps souls get nothing like diffuse, Judicial privilege, twilight transcendence, slip away....
    This same thing rings true for mages, which if it weren't for pyro we'd be sharing the short stick on PvP with warriors right now. Our only option is to hope our target doesn't have one of the aforementioned abilities and pray we get a few crits, which takes some luck because those abilities happen to belong to some of the strongest if not strongest and most popular souls for PvP for each of the other classes. You could say we have CC and break frees but in my experience unless your target is particularly stupid they only slow down your inevitable death.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast