+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Blighted Antechamber

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Changes to Blighted Antechamber

Hey all,

In this weeks update, I've doubled the points you get for capturing a flag to 100. (Up from 50)
    The matches have been going a little long, partly because people don't seem to focus on flags, so I'm adding a little incentive.
    Michael Hansen
    Game Designer - Live Content

Sword of Telara

+1. Spire standing teams whilst SR is on CD make me cringe every single time.

Although it might then turn into a flag defending/holding standoff like sometimes happens currently where two people hold the opposing team's flag the entire game. If that happens it's still going to last forever.

Sounds like a good change, not sure how that will affect the strategy people use in the warfront, 100 points seems excessive to me for such a small map and may remove too much insensitive to capture the bases and cause, yet another, healfest in warfront because of the flag.

Just like Codex with its healfest at Codex.

I would personally have boosted the points gained on the flag to 75 and increase point generation of bases by ~1.5 time, because I feel like Antechamber is one of the less healfest warfront there is.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-06-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Sword of Telara

It could be more fun if:

- Standing in your own team's base damages you/reduces healing.
    - Being near the carrier of the enemy team's flag (or holding it yourself) damages you/reduces healing.

Personally I like the idea of healing debuffs that increase over time. But then you'd have to be careful with strategies which rely on people switching flag carriers.

That would help to discourage mass base defending stalemates and flag holding stalemates.
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-06-2015 at 11:12 AM.

The main problem I have with that map, as far as strat, is when both teams are holding the flags. This is what makes it a stalemate. If a tank picks it up and they have 1-2 healers, that's what makes it a long map.

The other issue is the camera collision with the hedges, so the view is constantly moving in and out.

Shield of Telara

Flag stand offs are currently at least as common as flags actually being a significant portion of the points gained.

How to fix this? Heal debuff would be my first choice probably because it Lets tanks have a real use in pvp, but I'm not sure that's quite enough. You could also increase damage taken?

You could go black garden flag carrier with it, but it takes most of a minute to get across the map in the first place, and I don't think it should require heals to run a flag. A delayed damaging ability could maybe fix this issue by say. . Killing carrier after 2 minutes if both flags are in possession. Effectively resetting the flags if the stalemate lasts too long. Or after 5 minutes or whatever so long as it's not 15 minutes.

You could snare the carrier after x duration but that's probably not going to really solve things unless you coupled that with being ported to the spire periodically or something of the like.

My 2 cents
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

How about 1) either team can capture and turn in at any time regardless if the other team is holding a flag, or 2) give the flag a timer (60 seconds) and after the timer expires, the flag holder turns into Justin Bieber and every surrounding teammate commits self-suicide, and you lose 50 points.

Sword of Telara

If 1) happens, then 2) would be necessary to stop people griefing or general cluelessness TBH. Mind you, the same thing can and does occasionally happen in whitefall.

Rift Disciple

This is the best piece of news that I've heard since July when this map came out. Changing the flag caps to 100 fixes this map as it stands.

Healing however is still ridiculous and needs to go back to -85% or even -90%. It's crazy trying to do anything against more than 1 healer at any one time. Great when you see 4 or 5 on your team, 99.99% of the time that alone means win.

Ascendant

points earned from side flags should be increased as well, else people will just sit in base and protect the flag, or just cut the points required to win to 500 and dont bother with any other thing.

Also cut half of the grass, plants, etc. I like my maps shaved, i.e Codex!
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    The main problem I have with that map, as far as strat, is when both teams are holding the flags. This is what makes it a stalemate. If a tank picks it up and they have 1-2 healers, that's what makes it a long map.
    This is where they need to bring back the original Whitefall stone debuff they added just prior to them swapping the map to Escalation.

After x amount of minutes holding the stone (in this case, flag), you receive a debuff: movement is slowed as well as reduced healing taken (and if you want, reduced outgoing damage/healing). Prevents all of these fkn people from just holding the stone/flag to cause a stalemate.

Plane Walker

Have to agree that there needs to be some type of incremental debuff on the flag bearers as well as camping the flag spawn points. Even at 100 points, it simply is still the best strategy to grab the flag and then stick with one group and hold one of the flags. Yes it is slow, but I can't see these changes, changing the best strat. And by Best, I mean the one most likely to cause a win.

Oh good, more incentive to hold the flag and stack shields so that you never die.

all flags should do damage over time /thread

Rift Disciple

And put healing penalty in pvp back to -85% so you don't have 4 or 5 healers to a team turning it into a boredom healfest exit game like we've been seeing too much of lately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast