+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Butthurt 12 year old DDoS's to win a WF

Soulwalker

Default Butthurt 12 year old DDoS's to win a WF

Got DDoS'd in WF because I killed a kid and stubbornly said "Cya nerd" I find it humorous that someone gets so offended over such a small thing that he would go so far as to commit a federal crime to get his "Revenge." Anyone else experience such idiotic behavior from kids in PvP? (I know it was a DDoS because my internet doesn't just go from 80 mb/s dl to 0.01 mb/s)

Haven't experienced this.

Though I have experienced butthurt 12 years old posting on the forums about butthurt 12 years old DDoSing them when it's not possible to do.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-06-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Sword of Telara

How then did he manage to get your IP address? Unless you've been using a peer to peer service with him (or somebody you have done gave it to him) it's impossible to retrieve another player's IP address as you make no direct connections to other players as everything goes through the server.

Soulwalker

Default Meh,

I'm not entirely sure. I might just use my VPN while playing WF's from now on. XD

Like the other posters said... Not possible... Get your internet checked it seems to have been sick
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Rift Chaser

Lol ignorant OP

Soulwalker

lmao i love these forums. kids want something to fight about and make other feel bad. thanks for the entertainment XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lehealledeath View Post
    lmao i love these forums. kids want something to fight about and make other feel bad. thanks for the entertainment XD
    Don't see anyone fighting here, what I do see is the misuse of terms such as DDoS. Anyway, I think I can speak for the others when I say please know what a term is before you try and use it. Google is a wonderful thing. Just because you experienced lag incidentally after insulting another player doesn't mean they went and DDoS'd your account (individually) somehow.
    Amerinan@Deepwood <Divine Fury>
    T1 12/12, HK 5/11, iGP 3/4
    Warrior PoV Stream
    Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Random troll. August 2014 - August 2015
    You will be missed.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

LOL.

The only way an attacker could get your IP address is if you went to a link that they gave you and were able to view server logs to obtain said IP. The same goes forth if you joined a VOIP server and the remote attacker has admin / elevated privileges to view connection information.

Rift's server infrastructure NEVER exposes client IP addresses to remote clients.
    --BC

DDoS was what the rage quitters did to Q3 servers when they got mad to bring them down. They had the IP though .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

nb4 OP admits he has Comcast.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lehealledeath View Post
    (I know it was a DDoS because my internet doesn't just go from 80 mb/s dl to 0.01 mb/s)
    Actually, the fact that you think you were DDoS'd is the most comedic bit of this thread. Did you at least win your WF before your internet crapped out?
    Last edited by AlissaAk; 01-06-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    DDoS was what the rage quitters did to Q3 servers when they got mad to bring them down. They had the IP though .
    Fill a small area with explosives in FPS games, like stupid full of claymores or satchels, then blow them all at once. Server lags so hard, everyone's ping check kicks them.

Really though, if you could pull off this hack, your probably North Korea. There ya go, I figured it out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Fill a small area with explosives in FPS games, like stupid full of claymores or satchels, then blow them all at once. Server lags so hard, everyone's ping check kicks them.
    This brought up some nostalgia of years ago when I would play PS2 FPS games. There was a game called Socom II and it had a TON of hacks able to be used in online play. People were able to slice open the ethernet cables leading to their PS2's, clip one of the wires inside (usually green or orange), and hook it up to a light switch to create a "lag switch" and this made all kinds of crazy **** possible. For instance, using the lag switch on a map with a turret while doing the right combination of movements would cause the game to treat the persons pistol like a rocket launcher so that every time they shot with their pistol others on the map would see rockets fly out. This particular hack would cause so much lag on every players screen BUT the one doing the glitch itself that it'd kick them all off the map so that only the glitcher was left.

I wander what a CQ zerg all spamming flamey trinket thingies would do....

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast