+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: pvp win loss ratio

Rift Disciple

Default pvp win loss ratio

I noticed that I had lots losses recently in pug pvps so I recorded the result from yesterday and today, here it is:

yesterday w:10, l:16, w/l ratio: 38.46%
    today w:2, l: 6, w/l ratio: 25%, before I exit the game in full rage

I'm mostly nte epic with 3 t1 pieces, in 1v1 I can defeat 70% opponents in a conservative estimation. And If I go dps for the full length of wf I usually ended in top 3 dps. I'm just not sure what happened there, feels this game keep matching me with bad teams. Is it a sign I've played too much? I'm still so mad at so many losses. Are there new wf pm chat channels ppl are all using now?

Quote Originally Posted by Theriene View Post
    I noticed that I had lots losses recently in pug pvps so I recorded the result from yesterday and today, here it is:

I'm mostly nte epic with 3 t1 pieces, in 1v1 I can defeat 70% opponents in a conservative estimation. And If I go dps for the full length of wf I usually ended in top 3 dps. I'm just not sure what happened there, feels this game keep matching me with bad teams. Is it a sign I've played too much? I'm still so mad at so many losses. Are there new wf pm chat channels ppl are all using now?
    There is a system in place where you are ranked according to a formula that Rift uses called ELO. It is possible that by playing in a bunch of matches and doing well over a period of time can put you in with pugs that are less geared/skilled. It is how they attempt to even out WF's.

Having said that, just understand that you will go through some bad stretches sometimes. It can be frustrating, but I, along with many others, have been through much worse stretches than that. It evens out over time.

Try jumping on another aspect of the game for a bit (sometimes just 20 minutes or so - to get out of your current que rotation). You may also try finding a couple of friends to que with to help get over the hump.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Gear doesn't matter more than coordinated play. You have to understand that. There are premades who occupy certain time stamps throughout the day...sparkle and conquest drains the warfront queue so if you queue during that time and if a premade is queue they will pretty much farm you non stop unless they are unorganized.Best thing to do is find people with raid gear and know how to heal and dps and queue together. There is HK channel.But there are guilds who premade too.

My ELO has been terrible ever since the Fernand fix. Pugging had resulted in similar numbers, like 70% loss rate.

Ascendant

You're trying to hard while solo queuing and that's why you get punished. Realize that system wants you to lose some match and try to reconize them, when you find yourself in one just accept it and go semi-afk, read some news, eat or w/e. After you lose enough you will get free wins again.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You're trying to hard while solo queuing and that's why you get punished. Realize that system wants you to lose some match and try to reconize them, when you find yourself in one just accept it and go semi-afk, read some news, eat or w/e. After you lose enough you will get free wins again.
    they need to introduce a similar system to PvE, where if you wipe enough times on a boss, the next time it just falls over dead and you get the loot and move on. Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    they need to introduce a similar system to PvE, where if you wipe enough times on a boss, the next time it just falls over dead and you get the loot and move on. Progress!
    It already happens like that on some bosses, some mechanics stop working or bug out and raid get's wiped
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

ELO and matchmaking is unreliable in almost every game, so I don't like to complain about it. But it's to the point where pugging is almost pointless. The last week has been the worst I've seen.

I regularly get pug matches where I'm the only player on my team with kills. In a game like that I might have 2 kills, and a few deaths. Rest of my team only has deaths. So basically one or two entire team wipes and everyone sits in the spawn after that.

I think they need to remove the free win from the system (if that's actually a thing), because with the number of people playing, I'm guessing 80% of matches are a free win for someone. Taking this logic further, this can spiral into worse and worse matchmaking as more and more people become eligible for a free win.
    Last edited by Fusscle; 01-06-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Ascendant

Are you doing the objectives? Most losses I have experienced lately (especially the Blighted Antechamber) have been due to people not doing the objectives correctly. If you are DPS, you should be picking up stones/runes and go cap flags so that the healers don't have to do it for you.

If that is not an issue, then when you find yourself playing with derps, wait ten or more minutes before queuing for the next warfront. Chances are you'll be put into another rotation.

I've experienced a pretty even amount of wins and losses, as the people in my queue rotation tend to be shuffled from match to match. I don't know why that hasn't been working out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Are you doing the objectives? Most losses I have experienced lately (especially the Blighted Antechamber) have been due to people not doing the objectives correctly. If you are DPS, you should be picking up stones/runes and go cap flags so that the healers don't have to do it for you.

If that is not an issue, then when you find yourself playing with derps, wait ten or more minutes before queuing for the next warfront. Chances are you'll be put into another rotation.

I've experienced a pretty even amount of wins and losses, as the people in my queue rotation tend to be shuffled from match to match. I don't know why that hasn't been working out for you.
    Matchmaking win loss ratio works ok for the average pug only player. But people who top charts consistently, regardless of win or loss, get put on teams with worse players to even things out. Also ELO gets up very high in a premade setting, and this is followed by a string of losses when solo Q after.

But even with the rough 50/50 win/loss, 60 - 80% of WF's are one sided matches. Is that good game play for either side?
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Are you counting the already started warfronts where people leave because they are losing?

I personally have a higher than 50% win to lose ratio even in solo queuing if I don't count the already started warfronts.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Are you counting the already started warfronts where people leave because they are losing?

I personally have a higher than 50% win to lose ratio even in solo queuing if I don't count the already started warfronts.
    Yeah, that makes a difference if you remove those queues where you join late but if you remain in the WF, it's still a loss.

your lucky if your getting those numbers. Im so sick of about one win in 7-10 I just leave when it look like another loss.
    A GM expanded it to me a while ago. Not sure if i remember right but it's something like if your one of these fools like myself that do objectives they will put you on a team that doesn't do objectives.

would love to know just how they work out this system because I think I'm going to join with the people I have been screaming at for years and just run to middle of map and dps, see where that gets me.
    Last edited by MickNico; 01-09-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Disciple

Just disallow grouped queing completely, and throw out any attempt to match games. Just make it completely random, it will work better.

To be fair, no other game I ever played managed to solve the matchmaking either. I think there is no good way to do it.

On a sidenote, personally I find warfronts to be much better, not worse, when CQ is up, or whenever population is lower.

ps Ideally I would want back defiants vs guardians too, no more mercs. Instead copy from swtor and make guardian vs guardian, defiant vs defiant matches if not enough people.

+ Reply to Thread