+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Changes to Ghar Station Eyn

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Changes to Ghar Station Eyn

**Reduced the number of Deadly Numbers to 5 from 11.
    **Carrying a Deadly Number now increases your damage output by 25%.
    **Reduced the number of points to win to 1000 from 1500.

This will be out in the next hotfix as an experiment to mix things up a bit more.

~Daglar
    Last edited by Daglar; 01-05-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Might be a good change, especially the damage output thing. This is definitely one where people think they should grab an egg and hide until they lose.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

This will be out in the next hotfix as an experiment to mix things up a bit more.

~Daglar
    There are more numbers going down than up. It is a sad day for Manugo lovers everywhere.

People of Eth Colony Ghar, you have my sympathies.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Sword of Telara

Hopefully now the teams of healers won't have quite so much of a field day, and the focus will be on fighting rather than camping the manugo machines.

Sounds good in principle, might be nice to see how it works. Though the games might now take too long, even with the score limit drop; it's already a very long map even when most eggs are in play on one side.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Interesting changes. I assume all of the deadly number units will be at the back center building/cathedral now?

I am assuming you've gone and and removed the three on the left and three on the right of the zone, in addition to the removal of the few in the fountain at mid?
    --BC

Definitely glad that the point to end was reduced. Still not a fan of this map in general but I like the reduction in vessels.

Maybe you could consider letting the score limit go down to 750 or even 500 rather than 1000, considering there's twice as less numbers generating score. I don't think people want to see the time before the end of the match going up !
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

RIFT Guide Writer

So point generation was cut by more than half but points needed were only reduced by a third. That means the warfront will now last significantly longer than before.

I'll hold my opinion and wait and see where each spawns. I'm assuming one in the water on each side, 2-3 somewhere in the middle (fountain or building). Hopefully not 3 in the center building, which would make it another aoe fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Definitely glad that the point to end was reduced. Still not a fan of this map in general but I like the reduction in vessels.
    The damage buff is nice too, because now you can run 5 healer premades instead of 4 healer premades and still kill carriers!

Rift Disciple

Remember guys, that before, when everyone thought that all the eggs were worth +1 pt/tick. they were so wrong. Anyone paying attention, anyone at all, they knew (know) that there are 2 eggs (1 on each side) worth 3 pts per tick (ie: worth as much as 3 normal eggs). What's to say they won't increase the number of 3 pt eggs? They might make some 2's. Heck they might make them all 3 pt eggs. Or they might make the manugo number increase the number of 3 pt eggs more aggressively.

Let's hold speculation until we have the first clue of what this means.
    Last edited by Mintyman; 01-05-2015 at 07:00 PM.

25% damage boost is pretty pro.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    So point generation was cut by more than half but points needed were only reduced by a third. That means the warfront will now last significantly longer than before.
    you are neglecting the bit where kills also give points, and there were few kills in the healfest style of play.

the change should see the number of kills per match skyrocket, with a corresponding point generation from that source.

matches could be significantly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Edit: Actually lol nevermind cos I don't care.
    Last edited by Riane; 01-05-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you are neglecting the bit where kills also give points, and there were few kills in the healfest style of play.

the change should see the number of kills per match skyrocket, with a corresponding point generation from that source.

matches could be significantly faster.
    YES, this too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast