+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: thoughts and suggestions

Default thoughts and suggestions

Marauders chests:

Remove all Marauder gear that doesn't have a secondary stat. why does this gear even exist?
    Possibly add tank gear. this would be more in keeping with the spirit of the gear unification than the pointless gear with no second stat is.
    increase the drop rate.
    reduce the upgrade cost. the upgrade cost alone is enough to render pointless all but the few BiS item drops.

Warfront Queues:

Revert to the system that was in place during early Storm Legion, with one change.
    Under the old system, matches could be (but not always were) "ranked". the ranking bracket was variable depending upon the Prestige of the players in the queue. ranked matches could become unranked if new players joining late were outside the matches bracket.

The change I would suggest would be to replace the old Prestige measure and replace it with the Hidden ELO ranking.
    this would result in better players (higher ELO rank) being matched against other better players for closer, more challenging games, and would greatly reduce the tears of the not so highly ranked players over getting farmed by players they could never hope to stand against.
    I would also like to see ELO mechanics put in place to greatly reduce the ELO ranking of AFKers and Quitters, sufficient to drop their ranking (and therefore their "ranked match" grouping) far below that of even the least skilled active player. essentially dropping all the dead weight down to their own level where no one else need be bothered by them again.

introduce a reward system that encourages players to strive for and reach certain goals within each match.
    every 100k damage/healing done
    for clicking on flags, capping stones, holding fangs/vessels
    achieving current accolades (killing spree, saviour, juggernaut, ect).

apply a handicap to premades when they are matched against pugs (not needed when its premade vs premade).
    the easiest method would simply have each premade player "fill" two warfront player slots, giving the pug team a numerical advantage.
    however, this could be expanded upon so that smaller groups (duos/trios) aren't handicapped as heavily.

Bolster system:

the improvements to the bolster system were generally good (new upper bolster, enhancements transferring).
    however, the bolster range was set too high, in my not quite so humble opinion.
    both floor and ceiling should have been one gear level lower, and should be lowered by this as soon as possible (even if its still going to be raised again in the near future).
    un-upgraded marauder gear is currently bolstered up. it is completely ridiculous that gear obtained in pvp is insufficient for pvp and requires bolstering.
    purple raid gear is currently not bolstered down. again, it is utterly ridiculous that gear unobtainable through pvp is the top level if gear in pvp.

Lastly (for now):
    Add a pvp only Hokey Pokey dance emote purchasable with favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Just quit lol.

42 marauder chests = only plat & bounty artifacts... seriously?
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    Just quit lol.
    I'd rather Rift becomes a game that I enjoy more, than leave to play a game that I enjoy less.

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    all those supposed BiS pvp items (cape, rings, whatever), I am yet to see except on other people.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    all those supposed BiS pvp items (cape, rings, whatever), I am yet to see except on other people.
    I went 8 weeks without anything worthwhile and got 3 in one afternoon, if that makes you feel better (cape, healing trinket, range weapon).

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    Not even a minion?!

Telaran

Default Hokey Pokey dance

Not sure about all the other suggestions...
    but if i get a hokey pokey dance..
    I'm in for the long run...
    heck, might even pay credits for that...

Quote Originally Posted by impactnow View Post
    Not sure about all the other suggestions...
    but if i get a hokey pokey dance..
    I'm in for the long run...
    heck, might even pay credits for that...
    rock out with your left leg out

Rift Disciple

introduce a reward system that encourages players to strive for and reach certain goals within each match.
    every 100k damage/healing done
    for clicking on flags, capping stones, holding fangs/vessels
    achieving current accolades (killing spree, saviour, juggernaut, ect).
    Hmmm, This could be really interesting. We'd really really want to remove the group join option if they go this way though. Otherwise, already over-inspired premades are going to become even more inspired remembering of course that one's stat board numbers are not just a result of one's own performance but ALSO the performance of who you're playing with. No one owns their numbers single-handedly. A little imagination and some math makes that very clear.

apply a handicap to premades when they are matched against pugs (not needed when its premade vs premade).
    the easiest method would simply have each premade player "fill" two warfront player slots, giving the pug team a numerical advantage.
    however, this could be expanded upon so that smaller groups (duos/trios) aren't handicapped as heavily.
    I would go with just disabling the group join option. Otherwise it gets to be a sticky mess who is just a random group that doesn't want the matchmaking system to apply to them and who is a group of elites that all know full well that if they band together, victory is certain and they don't have to work for anything. It's two very different mindsets. Of course there's a whole spectrum in between, but the important point is that the difference in the performance of these two types of groups is HUGE.

One is practically harmless and the other is extremely toxic to the longevity of the game's population because of how dramatically powerful it is. So penalizing them both in the same way is going to be more unfair than fair. Casual premades will get steamrolled. Premades and the psychology/logistics that make them tick is a very very complex subject with a very diverse composition. A more particular system is necessary.

Of course the surefire way is to remove the group option vs pugs altogether and only allow groups vs groups (for higher rewards of course). You just have to brace yourself for the vocal minority who don't want their unfair advantage taken away. But that's not very difficult to manage compared to the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintyman View Post
    Hmmm, This could be really interesting. We'd really really want to remove the group join option if they go this way though. Otherwise, already over-inspired premades are going to become even more inspired remembering of course that one's stat board numbers are not just a result of one's own performance but ALSO the performance of who you're playing with. No one owns their numbers single-handedly. A little imagination and some math makes that very clear.

I would go with just disabling the group join option. Otherwise it gets to be a sticky mess who is just a random group that doesn't want the matchmaking system to apply to them and who is a group of elites that all know full well that if they band together, victory is certain and they don't have to work for anything. It's two very different mindsets. Of course there's a whole spectrum in between, but the important point is that the difference in the performance of these two types of groups is HUGE.

One is practically harmless and the other is extremely toxic to the longevity of the game's population because of how dramatically powerful it is. So penalizing them both in the same way is going to be more unfair than fair. Casual premades will get steamrolled. Premades and the psychology/logistics that make them tick is a very very complex subject with a very diverse composition. A more particular system is necessary.

Of course the surefire way is to remove the group option vs pugs altogether and only allow groups vs groups (for higher rewards of course). You just have to brace yourself for the vocal minority who don't want their unfair advantage taken away. But that's not very difficult to manage compared to the alternative.
    I happen to agree with Trions stance on premades and the queue.
    where I see the problem is that good players - in particular premades of good players - are currently matched against bad players.
    my suggestion of grouping the player pool based on their ELO ranking would hopefully reduce the problem of elite premades vs bads without having to remove the elite premades from the queue. they simply wouldn't be matched against each other.

P.S. it wont be the "minority who don't want their unfair advantage taken away" that you will hear from if premades are removed from the queue. it will be the casual group of RL friends who want to play together that will complain.

I happen to agree with Trions stance on premades and the queue.
    where I see the problem is that good players - in particular premades of good players - are currently matched against bad players.
    my suggestion of grouping the player pool based on their ELO ranking would hopefully reduce the problem of elite premades vs bads without having to remove the elite premades from the queue. they simply wouldn't be matched against each other.

P.S. it wont be the "minority who don't want their unfair advantage taken away" that you will hear from if premades are removed from the queue. it will be the casual group of RL friends who want to play together that will complain.
    Yep. Change the Group Join function will screw up the social aspect of the game. I run guild groups on occasion and most of them aren't pvpers. They want marks for pve gear or sparkles. They're still learning the maps and strats. Should these social premades be penalized? No.

I actually agree with almost everything, upgrade cost is ridiculous, drop rate so low so I don't get it why trash items in marauders boxes at all?
    I never ever seen: cape, ring, trinket, I got 2 lessers, 1 greater, 2 weapons, 1 boots, 1 neck. Other was all trash I had to rune break them.

I have 1 very good weapon, it would have 300+ cp (dagger) but upgrade would cost 24 (or so) void stone accelerators plus some other stuffs. Its sitting in my bag and I hope sometimes (near future ) I will have that much amount of VS.

Group queue: after every party member increase elo rating by X% to the whole group.

I would like to see a wf lookout as well. I sick of ghar/heal station. I had 1 wf yesterday half the dps peeps switched to heal after zone in, so we had like 8 healers. You help your team to win if you pick up and heal, than run around and killing flag holders.

Sword of Telara

Seaport most of it, except the bonuses for accolades. There are certain very viable specs (eg defiler) which are incapable of popping savior and juggernaut is almost always the result of pocket healing and the whole enemy team tabtargeting.

Equally you can play dominator and harass/shutdown 2 healers who have no clue what they're doing and get nothing whilst denying the enemy team a lot more.

I agree some changes in WFs are needed.

1. Primarily, move PreMades into their own Q. TRION is never gonna be able to successfully balance PuG teams with three to five people entering as a group.

2., Balance should be around heals, if possible.

3. I think your reward system is flawed and would hurt players (except KSers maybe). I normally run MM with my rogues. One reason (even though right now they do less damage than FOTM rangers) is their utility. I use their interrupts, roots and anathema constantly. I believe it helps the team. How will you quantify that, and other non damage or healing interactions?

4. Gear is major broken. Makes me wanta cry that PvP progression has been reduced to prayers and incantations over RNG rewards.

5. I have always thought tiered WFs were best. In fact the most effective correction for a very long time now would be tier the WFs and move PreMades to their own Q. But me and others have been calling for that a long time. And TRION just don't care. In every PvP scenario they have favored feeding the PreMade. And, as much as they love raiders, that makes sense in a perverted kinda way.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Rheven; 01-05-2015 at 07:47 AM.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

I disagree with almost everything. Get rid of premades from random WF and instead support player made tournaments like Daglar did in the past where he'd do gve aways on the streams and even give some rewards to the players.

Random WF will never be balanced and adding any kind of rewards for objectives, healing or dmg will only make people look for abuse. Same with lowering Elo for afkers and quitters. There will be people doing it on purpose so they can get matched with worse players and stomp them for fast weekly wins or just to farm noobs etc.

Supporting player made tournaments is the best way to promote balanced pvp and with proper adds + nice rewards from Trion it will get popular.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast