+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: State of the PVP

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    It is very unlikely that the rate of acquisition of raw items will ever be equal between PvP and dungeon running for base drops.
    I can't grasp the logic behind this (or the bolstering), but it seems that is the way things must be.

Thank you for answering some questions, and for finally clarifying some matters officially, though!
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-06-2015 at 04:58 PM.

I've reviewed the costing on the first items out of the boxes and reduced each of their cost by 1 upgrade component each. For some items this is a 50% decrease. For others it is a 20% decrease.

We will not be granting any retroactive reimbursement for this change.

This change will not be in the weekly hotfix this week, but likely next week.

~Daglar
    Thank you Daglar for taking the time to come in here.

The changes are a great step in the right direction. The cost to get the weapons upgraded to purple is still way to high though for example. We also need the Marauder gear to get a stat boost to be on par with Dungeon gear. Then things will be much better!

I think we need to look at the definition of the word "progression":

pro·gres·sion
    prəˈɡreSHən/
    noun
    noun: progression

a movement or development toward a destination or a more advanced state, especially gradually or in stages.
    "the normal progression from junior to senior status"

So, we can assume the "destination" would be to reach Dreambreaker. Because there is no advanced state to achieve in PvP alone, any longer... If there is, please prove me wrong. What is the incentive to strictly PvP? To get titles? To get the unigear currency? The Marauder's Crate drops are not even worth the 1 silver we get to sell them when compared to dragonslayer gear.

I feel that PvP is now just an after party for the raiders. I would still like a straight answer as to why the pre 3.0 - PvP system was trashed.

Like Foolio said, you basically get "free" upgrades by getting expert drops. I suggested in a pm that the Warlords chests or something similar be brought back and a new pvp mark/currency made to buy them. These marks could drop periodically (time based) or maybe per kill(s) in warfronts and capped if need be. You could then buy say; 1 raid level chest a week or 2 epic expert chests or 3-4 rare chests, that would all have tier specific gear inside with similar upgrade paths to current pve drops. You could even have these marks converted to Horror marks to help with the gap there.

Just my 1 silver,
    -Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    How are NTEs not also an unbounded rate of acquisition? Why can't PvP be the same, somehow? If you got lucky and/or played enough you could get a full set of expert gear in one week. You'd be without the set bonus only for a short time, and the weapon drop costs nothing to upgrade. But you'd get all your stats straight away.

NTEs are subject to RNG, yes. Suppose you are unlucky and there are two of your calling in the dungeon. Probability dictates that you have a 1/8 chance of getting an epic item from the boss, assuming you both need on it. Why can't PvP have a mechanism like this - then and only then can it possibly be fair. Even if it's a 1/8 drop from marauder's boxes to those with 800+ hit, anything to make gearing a more even process.
    thelarry@greybriar

Plane Walker

Default Was pretty taken back

Must say I was pretty taken back when I learned that raid items are not being bolstered down. The fact that raiding is the only way to cap your fragments means that raiders will be the best geared PvPers right now. That further supports Grims core argument.

We were told that would not happen before 3.0. But yet it did. I've lost a bit more trust since there is no mechanism to gain Fragments of Horror even remotely as quickly through PvP as through raiding.

What is sad is my guild has lost people who hate PvP and felt like they were falling behind not being willing to spend much time doing PvP to get those marks.

Just very hard for me to see where the benefit of the gear unification change was. Very disappointing.

As people said before 3.0. If you PvE lots, you should have a slight gear advantage over those who don't in PvE. This currently exists. And if you PvP lots, you should have a slight gear advantage over those who don't. This currently does not exist. But still, no matter how you slice it, because of the huge marks you get from raids, raiders have the best shot at upgrading to raid level gear, that we were told would be bolstered down, but was not.

Disappointing. PvP participation may be higher than ever, but enjoyment is down so much due to the huge number of lopsided wins from people who don't want to be there. As someone who used to PvP a ton, I just dread them at times now due to how many people have no desire to be there.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #96
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    PvP kill weeklies should reward you as much marks as at least 1 20 man boss kill each. They are time consuming and unrewarding. Also, completely avoidable which is why many people just skip it for the week.
    Increasing the amount from the PvP Weeklies is not an unreasonable request. I'll take a look at this shortly for next week's hotfix.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post

Disappointing. PvP participation may be higher than ever, but enjoyment is down so much due to the huge number of lopsided wins from people who don't want to be there. As someone who used to PvP a ton, I just dread them at times now due to how many people have no desire to be there.
    From what I've seen, participation is lower than what is was pre - 3.0. Teams are smaller... I often see teams of 5 - 7 in warfronts throughout the duration of the match, not filling. queue times are slower. Even random queue can take some time. Also, there are a lot of leechers & AFKers in warfronts. Yes, there were before 3.0, but it's more common now. I have seen people promote doing this on these forums.

RIFT Guide Writer

The way that bolstering works is item replacement. It does not debuff the item you have. If you cross a threshold your item is replaced outright with a fake item that has stats according to the item level rating and its own stat distribution.

~Daglar
    Makes sense, but do the replacements have to be worse than the unupgraded versions? Couldn't the replacements just be linked to the Epic version of the same item?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Increasing the amount from the PvP Weeklies is not an unreasonable request. I'll take a look at this shortly for next week's hotfix.

~Daglar
    Bring back daily pvp quests!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Makes sense, but do the replacements have to be worse than the unupgraded versions? Couldn't the replacements just be linked to the Epic version of the same item?
    Bolstering or debolstering makes you lose any runes, orbs and weapon enchants you had put on them. Try to substract those values and see if it matches now.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 01-06-2015 at 05:27 PM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #101
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Bolstering or debolstering makes you lose any runes, orbs and weapon enchants you had put on them. Try to substract those values and if it matches now.
    Runes are intended to stay working, and the last time we tested this, they were. At least when bolstering up. When we updated the bolstering system for 3.0 this was done.

~Daglar

The second item on the list has already been done and is going out in the next hotfix.

For item one not all the right people are around to review the cost on the marauder upgrades, but I'll go take a poke into the data myself and see where things are.

~Daglar
    the cost to upgrade is one of the most common complaints about the pvp gear.
    I'm actually surprised and disappointed that you are only just now adding this to your "i'll have a peek at it" list.

let me also add here that as a casual pug pvper, I've received (and started upgrading) more and better gear from the crabnaroc boxes I get in my weekly patron gift than I've picked up through marauders chest. the rest of my gear is NME purples - upgraded for a fraction of the cost that marauder upgrades would cost me.
    see, I have been experiencing the other content. and as a player who has capped out Abyssal marks for every week (except this one), the cost to upgrade marauder gear is way out of line with dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #103
    Rift Team

~Daglar
    This is now done.

Increased PvP/CQ Weekly quests to 300 top marks and 650 expert marks from 100 and 500 respectively.

Prophet of Telara

Runes are intended to stay working, and the last time we tested this, they were. At least when bolstering up. When we updated the bolstering system for 3.0 this was done.

~Daglar
    Please check it again. My test from this post proves that it is NOT working. Same for enchants.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4970609
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #105
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Please check it again. My test from this post proves that it is NOT working. Same for enchants.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4970609
    I've sent that over to QA to check out. Thanks.

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast