+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: State of the PVP

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I did not make any promise of this nature. I spoke about debolstering - and that is implemented - and the current level of debolstering is raid gear that has been upgraded to relic.
    The obvious question follows, sadly

Why is gear that is more or less unavailable to pure PvPers (besides putting in a huge amount of weekly grinding, which takes months - plus the weapons aren't even obtainable) not debolstered too?

On less related notes why is the PvP gear so reliant on abyssal crusader marks to upgrade? It is no way equivalent to PvE: the fairest quick thing to do is surely make them instead require favor accelerators so that you aren't bound by the weekly currency caps in obtaining high level drops.

If that's fixed then the problem of NTE essences is somewhat reduced as it's viable for pure PvPers to get into NTE groups. But as it is, you can have people romping around with raid purple gear and BiS essences whilst pure PvPers have absolutely no way to compete. That is, unless they put up with months of dedicated farming whilst being at a gear disadvantage the whole way - which isn't terribly enjoyable.
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-06-2015 at 04:22 PM.

I am not ignoring that PvP progression is unequal. I will say that here. It is not equal. I have not claimed it would be equal.

We are reviewing various methods to make it more palatable for players that want to focus only on PvP.

~Daglar
    You saying that is what we've all been waiting for!

I think common suggestions are:

1. vastly increase the drop rates of marauder chests

2. Increase the raid marks given from pvp

3. Debolster all gear above "NTE level"

Sword of Telara

I'd say no to increasing the marks awarded through PvP as then PvP becomes the place to farm them. Equality is a good thing, not swinging the other way, else everyone will flock over to grab their marks.

Reducing/removing/changing most of the cost is something I'd much rather support.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #79
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    On less related notes why is the PvP gear so reliant on abyssal crusader marks to upgrade? It is no way equivalent to PvE: the fairest quick thing to do is surely make them instead require favor accelerators so that you aren't bound by the weekly currency caps in obtaining high level drops.
    Almost all gear is very reliant on abyssal crusader marks to upgrade. There are a variety of sources to gain this currency.

Favor accelerators and favor in general is an unbound rate of acquisition. All of our gear once upgraded has a bound rate of acquisition. This is unlikely to change as we have had systems in the past with unbound rates of acquisition and it resulted in patterns of play that were undesirable for players and for the game.

~Daglar

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #80
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Liandell View Post
    You saying that is what we've all been waiting for!

I think common suggestions are:

1. vastly increase the drop rates of marauder chests

2. Increase the raid marks given from pvp

3. Debolster all gear above "NTE level"
    1. This is done, it has been increased to 2.5 times the old value.
    2. This will not happen. This will become "The path of least resistance". PvP is an on demand activity that can happen at any time. Making it the fastest acquisition of marks would harm other activities. There are a variety of ways to gain the marks that do not involve raiding, nor dungeons. They require open world engagement, which should not be unfamiliar for players that engage in PvP.
    3. We may discuss this, but it is unlikely at this point in time. We do want players to desire better gear, lowering the ceiling further makes the desire for gear one step beyond what is readily available less of a draw. I am not saying we want everyone to raid - far from it - but there should be some impetus to want items more powerful than NTE.

~Daglar

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #81
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Orgone View Post
    1: Lower the upgrade costs of the marauder gear out of boxes a little bit lets say by 25 %
    I've reviewed the costing on the first items out of the boxes and reduced each of their cost by 1 upgrade component each. For some items this is a 50% decrease. For others it is a 20% decrease.

We will not be granting any retroactive reimbursement for this change.

This change will not be in the weekly hotfix this week, but likely next week.

~Daglar

Prophet of Telara

Almost all gear is very reliant on abyssal crusader marks to upgrade. There are a variety of sources to gain this currency.

Favor accelerators and favor in general is an unbound rate of acquisition. All of our gear once upgraded has a bound rate of acquisition. This is unlikely to change as we have had systems in the past with unbound rates of acquisition and it resulted in patterns of play that were undesirable for players and for the game.

~Daglar
    PvP kill weeklies should reward you as much marks as at least 1 20 man boss kill each. They are time consuming and unrewarding. Also, completely avoidable which is why many people just skip it for the week.

RIFT Guide Writer

Hey Daglar, any chance you could look into why debolstering is so extreme for Relic raid gear? Several weapons get debolstered so hard that they're weaker than the Epic version. Some items, like the Dead Dreams totem, are batted down so much that the expert versions are equal to them when the procs are factored in.

I'm not expecting Relic Raid gear to be #1, but upgrading from Epic to Relic should be a net Zero gain, maybe a little boost cause of a proc. It shouldn't be a giant step backwards.
    Last edited by evantide; 01-06-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Sword of Telara

~Daglar
    How are NTEs not also an unbounded rate of acquisition? Why can't PvP be the same, somehow? If you got lucky and/or played enough you could get a full set of expert gear in one week. You'd be without the set bonus only for a short time, and the weapon drop costs nothing to upgrade. But you'd get all your stats straight away.

NTEs are subject to RNG, yes. Suppose you are unlucky and there are two of your calling in the dungeon. Probability dictates that you have a 1/8 chance of getting an epic item from the boss, assuming you both need on it. Why can't PvP have a mechanism like this - then and only then can it possibly be fair. Even if it's a 1/8 drop from marauder's boxes to those with 800+ hit, anything to make gearing a more even process.
    Last edited by Foolio; 01-06-2015 at 04:38 PM. Reason: My spelling :|

Dear Trion,
    Thanks for jumping in here today and working with the community, just thanks

Prophet of Telara

1. This is done, it has been increased to 2.5 times the old value.
    2. This will not happen. This will become "The path of least resistance". PvP is an on demand activity that can happen at any time. Making it the fastest acquisition of marks would harm other activities. There are a variety of ways to gain the marks that do not involve raiding, nor dungeons. They require open world engagement, which should not be unfamiliar for players that engage in PvP.~Daglar
    It takes like 20 mins. to kill bulf. It takes me 5-7 hours to get both my kills for pvp done. Not only that but once your raid know fights raids become farmed. Over time they become farmed and it just gets easier. PvP doesn't get easier. I'm still spending the same 5-7 hour a week doing pvp that I did last month.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #87
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Hey Daglar, any chance you could look into why debolstering is so extreme for Relic raid gear? Several weapons get debolstered so hard that they're weaker than the Epic version. Some items, like the Dead Dreams totem, are batted down so much that the expert versions are equal to them when the procs are factored in.

I'm not expecting Relic Raid gear to be #1, but upgrading from Epic to Relic should be a net Zero gain, maybe a little boost cause of a proc. It shouldn't be a giant step backwards.
    The way that bolstering works is item replacement. It does not debuff the item you have. If you cross a threshold your item is replaced outright with a fake item that has stats according to the item level rating and its own stat distribution.

~Daglar

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    How are NTEs not also an unbounded rate of acquisition? Why can't PvP be the same, somehow? If you got lucky and/or played enough you could get a full set of expert gear in one week. You'd be without the set bonus only for a short time, and the weapon drop costs nothing to upgrade. But you'd get all your stats straight away.

NTEs are subject to RNG, yes. Suppose you are unlucky and there are two of your calling in the dungeon. Probability dictates that you have a 1/8 chance of getting an epic item from the boss, assuming you both need on it. Why can't PvP have a mechanism like this - then and only then can it possibly be fair. Even if it's a 1/8 drop from marauder's boxes to those with 800+ hit, anything to make gearing a more even process.
    It is not unbound for upgrades which is what I was addressing.

As stated, we will be reviewing the state of progression more thoroughly once everyone is back from the holiday.

It is very unlikely that the rate of acquisition of raw items will ever be equal between PvP and dungeon running for base drops.

~Daglar

Plane Touched

When I heard my video was posted here, I covered my eyes as my videos tend to not get posted on the forums without a heavy amount of flames.

I'm very glad to see everyone being constructive and Daglar being so willing to work with the community.

Cheers to everyone involved!

Oh and Hi Spaceboots!
    Rift PvP videos and Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/grimgamingrift
    Huge GIVEAWAYS every Saturday on the channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    It takes like 20 mins. to kill bulf. It takes me 5-7 hours to get both my kills for pvp done. Not only that but once your raid know fights raids become farmed. Over time they become farmed and it just gets easier. PvP doesn't get easier. I'm still spending the same 5-7 hour a week doing pvp that I did last month.
    It is already border line difficult for me to fulfill it every week and I am sure it is difficult for others to get it complete as well. Keeping it with these low rewards are a good thing for people who can't get them complete. If they were rewarding them with more currency these people would probably have to change their schedules to just get them done. Yeah I am against raid logging but with the current state of pvp, I can't blame them for doing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast