+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 228
Like Tree124Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: State of the PVP

  1. #16
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    I see this as an issue. A guy "reported" me last night for climbing walls. I thought he was joking when he whispered it to me. Before I could inform him about the warrior pull that made me "climb the wall" he put me on ignore, LOL. Sometimes I just shake my head.
    I get called out for speed hacking all the time when I run a paragon spec (has a sprint) with four points in RB for avatar of wind (passive movement speed buff) with gladiator training mastery (in combat stacking movement speed buff) and the occasional air planar attunement crucias mirror cooldown (another movement speed buff).
    (see right side of my sig)

    also, VK rift summons are apparently an exploit too, in some players eyes.

    in short, if you're not keyboard turning and pack pedalling, then you must be cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slavlord View Post
    Grim is a pretty straight shooter, I respect his opinions on the subject.

    I don't agree with every aspect of what he has said in the video.

    Comparing the gear from the boxes to the raid gear is a bit of a bad comparison - I think he may have in fact compared one of the worst pieces from the box to the raid gear. The gear from the boxes is equal tier with dungeon drops and like dungeon drops can be upgraded - and has a similar cost for moving between tiers.

    We are reviewing adding an additional upgrade path for the gear from the marauder boxes.

    As it stands right now, yes, you will progress slower if you do not engage in all aspects of the game, or at least experiment with other aspects.

    ~Daglar

  3. #18
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The gear from the boxes is equal tier with dungeon drops
    ~Daglar
    no it is not. it has to be upgraded once to be considered "dungeon" tier (125 hit tier/not bolstered) with abyssal cells, whereas expert dungeon drops do not.

    furthermore there are at least 9 separate pieces of gear for each individual slot that come out of the boxes, with 5-6 of those pieces being throwaway garbage with no secondary stat that no one in their right mind would upgrade. this kind of itemization doesn't make any sense at all and we've never been offered any explanation as to why we're receiving gear missing a secondary stat out of boxes, or why the loot tables out of these boxes is abnormally large compared to literally every other loot table in the game.

    edit; if any of this wasn't clear, gear from pvp boxes is unusable in pvp until it is upgraded. we're receiving gear from pvping that we cannot use in pvp at all until we actually spend some kind of currency to make it work.
    Last edited by ecru; 01-05-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  4. #19
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Comparing the gear from the boxes to the raid gear is a bit of a bad comparison - I think he may have in fact compared one of the worst pieces from the box to the raid gear. The gear from the boxes is equal tier with dungeon drops and like dungeon drops can be upgraded - and has a similar cost for moving between tiers.
    I agree that his comparison was... not entirely on the level.
    and I say this while agreeing with his sentiments on the matter.

    however, to say that both these shields are of equal tier with dungeons drops is likewise... not entirely on the level.

    State of the PVP-marauder-shields.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  5. #20
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I agree that his comparison was... not entirely on the level.
    and I say this while agreeing with his sentiments on the matter.

    however, to say that both these shields are of equal tier with dungeons drops is likewise... not entirely on the level.

    Attachment 21318
    The shield on the right looks like crap am I right in assuming it's the PvP drop?

    Edit: Or are they both PvP drops? I haven't been in game for a LONG time and am oblivious to much the situation >.<
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 01-05-2015 at 08:50 PM.

  6. #21
    Rift Disciple Tartug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Grim is a pretty straight shooter, I respect his opinions on the subject.

    I don't agree with every aspect of what he has said in the video.

    Comparing the gear from the boxes to the raid gear is a bit of a bad comparison - I think he may have in fact compared one of the worst pieces from the box to the raid gear. The gear from the boxes is equal tier with dungeon drops and like dungeon drops can be upgraded - and has a similar cost for moving between tiers.

    We are reviewing adding an additional upgrade path for the gear from the marauder boxes.

    As it stands right now, yes, you will progress slower if you do not engage in all aspects of the game, or at least experiment with other aspects.

    ~Daglar
    How can you come in here and say the gear from Marauder boxes is equal to dungeon drops?

    Are you blind to the stats on the items? Look at the proc's on the weapons alone for example. The Totems have no proc, while dungeon Totems have like a 6k or something damage proc. The mage swords have like a 6k dmg proc, as does the wand I believe. While my sword from the Marauder box has less SP and a ******ed 1.6k damage proc! Is that supposed to be a joke?

    Also PvE'rs are gearing up 3 times faster than PvP'rs. Lets not forget that the drop rate alone is completely ridiculous with the Marauder boxes.

    I still, since doing PvP almost every night since 3.0 have only obtained a few weapons, 1 essence and 3 pair of horrible stat gloves. That is all I have to show for my time invested every night pvping! Plus, when I can finally manage to get my weapons fully upgraded months from now, they still will not compare to the dungeon weapons players are getting constantly in PvE now.

    I still don't have a single piece of epic gear, while PvE'rs are running around in full purple and even some raid gear. How is that fair?

    Why is it so hard for you guys to make the gear equal on both sides?

  7. #22
    Rift Disciple Dragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartug View Post
    How can you come in here and say the gear from Marauder boxes is equal to dungeon drops?

    Are you blind to the stats on the items? Look at the proc's on the weapons alone for example. The Totems have no proc, while dungeon Totems have like a 6k or something damage proc. The mage swords have like a 6k dmg proc, as does the wand I believe. While my sword from the Marauder box has less SP and a ******ed 1.6k damage proc! Is that supposed to be a joke?

    Also PvE'rs are gearing up 3 times faster than PvP'rs. Lets not forget that the drop rate alone is completely ridiculous with the Marauder boxes.

    I still, since doing PvP almost every night since 3.0 have only obtained a few weapons, 1 essence and 3 pair of horrible stat gloves. That is all I have to show for my time invested every night pvping! Plus, when I can finally manage to get my weapons fully upgraded months from now, they still will not compare to the dungeon weapons players are getting constantly in PvE now.

    I still don't have a single piece of epic gear, while PvE'rs are running around in full purple and even some raid gear. How is that fair?

    Why is it so hard for you guys to make the gear equal on both sides?
    You talk as if there's pvp gear progression which is false, there is no pvp gear progression, there is only gear progression. GEAR PROGRESSION, not pvp gear, not pve gear just GEAR. PvE'rs are running around in full epics and some raid gear because they are participating in all aspects of the content Rift has to offer. Please don't blame the system you clearly don't use nor take advantage of that the rest of us do.
    -Smarted the Awesome

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple Tartug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    You talk as if there's pvp gear progression which is false, there is no pvp gear progression, there is only gear progression. GEAR PROGRESSION, not pvp gear, not pve gear just GEAR. PvE'rs are running around in full epics and some raid gear because they are participating in all aspects of the content Rift has to offer. Please don't blame the system you clearly don't use nor take advantage of that the rest of us do.
    I never said anything about PvP progression....

    They removed PvP gear and progression from the game, and said they are unifying gear to all be the same.

    So why is it that PvE'rs are getting the best gear for both, while PvP'rs get the shaft?

    I guess it is completely acceptable to PvP every single day and not get anything but a few platinum in return. But hey... if we are EXTREMELY lucky, we might actually get something from the Marauder box. But guess what? It is blue and worse than crafted gear.

    While somebody who only does dungeons is going in and looting purple gear right off the bat. That is better than anything obtained through PvP.

    You are obviously somebody who enjoys doing raids and dungeons. So I'm sure you are just thrilled right now. Which is why you come in here to defend it.

    I'm fine with having all gear be the same on both sides. SO MAKE IT THE SAME!

  9. #24
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    The shield on the right looks like crap am I right in assuming it's the PvP drop?

    Edit: Or are they both PvP drops? I haven't been in game for a LONG time and am oblivious to much the situation >.<
    they are both pvp drops.
    and yes, the shield on the right is inferior to the shield on the left.

    but the key stat you should be looking at is the +hit.
    dungeon drops give +125 hit.
    these shield start at world drop level (+100 hit) and must be upgraded before reaching blue dungeon drop level.
    and then upgraded again (and this is the expensive upgrade) to match purple dungeon drop level.
    pvp proc and set bonus items need to be upgraded four times to match what purple dungeon drops reach with only one upgrade (or even no upgrade - I don't recall my purple dungeon weapons needing to be upgraded, though I might be wrong there).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    You talk as if there's pvp gear progression which is false, there is no pvp gear progression, there is only gear progression. GEAR PROGRESSION, not pvp gear, not pve gear just GEAR. PvE'rs are running around in full epics and some raid gear because they are participating in all aspects of the content Rift has to offer. Please don't blame the system you clearly don't use nor take advantage of that the rest of us do.
    no, PvE'rs are not running around in full epics with some raid gear (well, actually some might be after the sparkle fiasco). Raiders are running around with the sweet stuff.
    casual PvE'rs are just as handicapped as PvPers are. they might not feel it as intensely as PvPers do, because the NPCs they encounter aren't increasing in gear ahead of them like the opponents PvPers are facing.

    some of us PvPers have run the dungeons for gear, and reached the end of our progression because we aren't raiders.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  10. #25
    Shadowlander UnRivaled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I have been in the game sense 1st beta and if anything I know they do listen and will work all this out. They got rid of PVP gear and there plan did not work out as well as they thought it would. I have not done one raid or expert and have crafted or pvp/patron all the gear I ware and I am now 950 hit so yes it is not the same and I know he sees that now. Give them a little time to work it out and I am sure they will make a improvement.

    ps. At least with my sparkle box I received a raid 1 DPS earring Keep the Faith Brothers
    Legacy ReBorn of GreyBriar .
    Level 22 100% Casual Guild
    KuanYin Lvl 65 Warrior , GoldenSparrow lvl 65 Rogue
    TodQ 4/4, FT 4/4, EE 5/5, IDH 4/4, GA 2/4,
    DH 4/4, GP 4/4, Ros 4/4, GSB 5/5, HK 11/11, RotP 4/4, PF 4/4, ID 8/8

  11. #26
    Shield of Telara Talzoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    787

    Default

    I agree with him on the gear.

    As far as the melee I hope they raise melee hp but also keep it proportional to their dps.

    I do not wanna go back to 2.6 invincible paralords solo facetanking entire wf teams AND getting top dps/kb.

  12. #27
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    You talk as if there's pvp gear progression which is false, there is no pvp gear progression, there is only gear progression. GEAR PROGRESSION, not pvp gear, not pve gear just GEAR. PvE'rs are running around in full epics and some raid gear because they are participating in all aspects of the content Rift has to offer. Please don't blame the system you clearly don't use nor take advantage of that the rest of us do.
    "NO PVE GEAR, NO PVP GEAR JUST GEAR) is that what your saying mate. Well then Why are pvp drops giving us crap gear without secondary stats? This whole 3.0 patch crap said you can do whatever you want and get the same armor and weapons but that's crap as well. If trion take our pvp gear from us and tell us it's all GEAR now that everyone can get that also is crap mate. At the end of the day if you want BiS you have to pve, you can Not get BiS doing pvp because you lame pve players get relic or epic drops that pvp players can't get. Then in pvp we are at a disadvantage because of your god damn pve drops that we can't get.
    What a stuff up 3.0 is.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  13. #28
    Rift Disciple Dragonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    "NO PVE GEAR, NO PVP GEAR JUST GEAR) is that what your saying mate. Well then Why are pvp drops giving us crap gear without secondary stats? This whole 3.0 patch crap said you can do whatever you want and get the same armor and weapons but that's crap as well. If trion take our pvp gear from us and tell us it's all GEAR now that everyone can get that also is crap mate. At the end of the day if you want BiS you have to pve, you can Not get BiS doing pvp because you lame pve players get relic or epic drops that pvp players can't get. Then in pvp we are at a disadvantage because of your god damn pve drops that we can't get.
    What a stuff up 3.0 is.
    I hate to say this but you're wrong. The pvp chest has the potential to drop gear with an exaggerated amount of a specific secondary stat and it could very well be BiS, especially those awesome crit power capes/weapons that have 300 crit power on them. If you want to have the best gear then you have to participate in all aspects of the game, not cry and whine about it.
    Since day 1 of Rift the only way to get the best weapons is RAIDING, not PVPING.
    -Smarted the Awesome

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser Xnats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I agree that his comparison was... not entirely on the level.
    and I say this while agreeing with his sentiments on the matter.

    however, to say that both these shields are of equal tier with dungeons drops is likewise... not entirely on the level.

    Attachment 21318
    Maybe it is worth starting a new thread, strictly for the purpose of posting pics of stats from marauder gear. It really seems strange that Daglar thinks they are fine. If we can get enough gear stats posted, we'll see which side is not imaging things. I'll post the few things I received before, I stopped queuing warfronts, after work.
    Corinze@Wolfsbane

  15. #30
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonz View Post
    Since day 1 of Rift the only way to get the best weapons is RAIDING, not PVPING.
    and since say 1 of Rift this has massively imbalanced pvp. which is why they did something about it.
    unlike raiding, balance is important in pvp. ensuring that everyone has equal access to the same gear is key to pvp balance.
    locking the best gear behind a raid wall does not constitute equal access.

    you don't need to be so defensive over your precious raid drops. we don't want to take them away from you. we just don't want to see them in pvp.
    the easiest way to address the issue is to lower the upper bolster to the level equal to upgraded pvp drops.
    the alternate method Trion has been experimenting with is to make raid gear more easily accessible to non raiders (the Sparkle Fiasco). this actually has an effect that cheapens raid gear. even though you probably did very well for yourself out of the Sparkles, it isn't something you should be happy with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts