+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Its getting old

Unhappy Its getting old

I don't know what they did with the bolster or lack there of ... but its getting a little old seeing those who enjoy the pve part of the game run around in Epic gear in wf's and outperforming by 30% those in crafted +1 upgrade type gear.

Assuming skill level is the same assuming its a bit random in every wf, just looking at the stats and inspecting peoples gear this is about what I see ... exceptions of course there are .. but on average ... it makes a huge impact.

Really getting old, I don't think everyone yet understands the magnitude of the hosing pvp'ers got. As all that gear becomes more and more prevalent there will be less and less reason to play; at least for me I would rather give my money and time to a company that puts out a product I actually enjoy.

Rift Disciple

I'm rank 98 playing with people who don't know the first thing about pvp. It is very broken.

The lopsided scores should be a good indication, too.

Go on, Trion, roll back PvP to what it was. It's okay to make a mistake that affects millions of dollars.

on my cleric the difference between almost completely bolstered and five pieces of raid gear (helm/shoulders/legs/earring/ring) + bis runes + bis orbs + a full mixed/nm5 sigil on my cleric is about 2000sp. i went from ~13500 to ~15500--this is a 15% increase, and i also lost some crit power.

from expert gear to a few pieces of raid gear was about 7%. people are vastly overstating the stat differences.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I didn't always enjoy PvE gear being best for PvP, but when I did, I was a in a WW top 3 raid guild.

I even remember this guy raging at me, on my team, because I had all the sick-nasty raid gear on destroying their team. He told me to put PvP gear on. I said "no, it's garbage compared to what I'm wearing". Then he went on a tirade about how the game is screwed up.

lol raid gear'd. Hopefully they keep this game in check with the scheme. I know eq2 got to the point where I could blow up a team of 4 - 6 "PvP geared" players with raid loot that was some WW1st'd junk and some legacy/retired powerful items nobody in the game could get anymore. It was hilariously absurd and I loved it.

Actually had a stash of obscure proc avatar loot I used to bust out for PvP. Had gear that spanned among like 3 expansions that increased your range. I could hit players like the best QB in the NFL (literally, some of my ranged abilities were "in range" of the enemy about 15 - 20m before their "ranged abilities" were in range of me due to lack of range increase gear. It was so cheesy).

This is where Rift is heading.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-02-2015 at 11:26 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    on my cleric the difference between almost completely bolstered and five pieces of raid gear (helm/shoulders/legs/earring/ring) + bis runes + bis orbs + a full mixed/nm5 sigil on my cleric is about 2000sp. i went from ~13500 to ~15500--this is a 15% increase, and i also lost some crit power.

from expert gear to a few pieces of raid gear was about 7%. people are vastly overstating the stat differences.
    It`s not just the stats. I've seen a chloro that was doing 20% of his heals just from a proc of his raid trinket. Also these are just base stats that gets modified by buffs so the difference gets bigger.

For my chloro the difference between stats is much greater than 15%.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    It`s not just the stats. I've seen a chloro that was doing 20% of his heals just from a proc of his raid trinket.
    And you can get a proc equal to 90% of the raid trinket's performance by running either Citadel of Insanity or Gyel Fortress.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

I understand what OP is trying to say, my rogue is at 1050hit full epic gear with bis essences and I can get away with play any freaking spec I like in PvP.

Today I actually quit a WF after I burned a healer from 100-0 with 38/38 Nb/Sin "burst" in 3-4sec.

They need to seriously make so that the "max gear" in PvP is expert/PvP box gear blues, not epics.

I certainly notice the difference when it comes to gear as a caster. Not just in how hard peoples abilities hit me in a mix of blue and epic void stone/ACM gear with lockbox essences but in how little my abilities hit against someone with full NM5 essences and raid gear. It seems with the resists stacked up I may as well be throwing balls of cotton wool while they casually lob a Davy Crockett in my direction

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    And you can get a proc equal to 90% of the raid trinket's performance by running either Citadel of Insanity or Gyel Fortress.

Are those AOE healing Trinkets ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    I know right! Who are these pvp that are not content at 90% power and a 15%+ overall deficit. They should be happy they are allowed to even play the game.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Default This

Quote Originally Posted by Heartsbreaker View Post
    I understand what OP is trying to say, my rogue is at 1050hit full epic gear with bis essences and I can get away with play any freaking spec I like in PvP.

Today I actually quit a WF after I burned a healer from 100-0 with 38/38 Nb/Sin "burst" in 3-4sec.

They need to seriously make so that the "max gear" in PvP is expert/PvP box gear blues, not epics.
    Imagine the **** storm if a PVP player took some Marauder gear into a raid and outplayed their PVE counterparts by 30% right of the bat ... just imagine the rage on the forums. This gearing scheme is nonsense, the matchmaking is broken (and yes I win far more than I loose), and the general eff you to the pvp'ers just stinks.
    Last edited by Fallse; 01-03-2015 at 08:04 AM.

What's criminal is that we extended enormous amounts of energy into obtaining PvP gear in SL. And it wasn't even good enough to get you into the lowest rank of dungeons. No hit! Now they threw that all away and said guys depend on the RNG boxes (or maybe go spend some cash on more chances at the lottery) and you'll soon be right up there with raiders even if it might take longer.

At this point I think the only solution is bolster everyone to exactly to same levels in WFs, the generics guys, 1-4. And as for progression, I can only say thanks for killing something we once loved!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

Seems a nice post to put this video. please share cause its 100% true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWV9aLtHKlU

Default Do youselves a favor

Quote Originally Posted by Slavlord View Post
    Seems a nice post to put this video. please share cause its 100% true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWV9aLtHKlU

Watch Grims vid

Soulwalker

a made a new post with it...lets hope ppl see it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast