+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Has anyone got epic weapon or armor from pvp?

Default Has anyone got epic weapon or armor from pvp?

Boy did pvp players get a kick up the back side or what 3.0. "No pve gear no pvp gear just gear". But pve get all these epic items and I've yet to see a pvp drop that can match pve items. Please post if you have got a epic drop from pvp wf or CQ.

So let's see how this works. First of all I don't pve dungeons but have done in the passed to finish story line quests.

Pve players team up with 5 people (forget 10 and 20 man raids because they get epics on 5 man) do a dungeon in what? 30-45 minutes get a epic drop at the end with lesser drops from mini bosses.

Pvp players team up with 15-20 people do wf which take about 20-45 minutes and what do we get? We get a chest that might give just plat or pvp gear which is not good for pve with no secondary stats and more endurance. These items are blue, at lease all the one's I get are, even upgraded. Or we do CQ which can go forever and from what I understand the BiS for winning, winning mind you is a upgrade item that most pvp players don't need because all the crap drops we get don't need it. I haven't even got one item that needs it. Funny old world.

What happen to "No pvp no pve gear just gear"?.

Fair? I think not.

While Im paying out can someone explain why I have to do 20 wf to get 3 wins on average each week. Explain how the wf setting is set per player. Because I'm always on a team that has no idea about objectives and just run to the middle of map and dps till they get smashed and then afk. Getting a little bit sick of it trion. How about looking after pvp players like pve players.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Champion

You have to accept the fact that PVP players are 2nd class citizens and will never have anything near raid quality gear. Did you not hear the outcry when raid gear was offered through sparkles. Gear that will soon be obsolete and more often tanking spec items. A bone was thrown but the noise from raiders was huge. Hardly a squeak was heard from them when PVP progression was rendered meaningless and we were told gear was gear .. In practice it is not.

They have ruined any meaningful PVP and instead of folks working at making progress they award AFK's,leechers and deserters with rewards. Bolstering and matchmaking is a scandal. They simply do not care any longer.

Ascendant

some PVP items are BIS, like cloaks, and certain armor pieces with high CP.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Telaran

The right PvP cape is BiS.
    The right PvP earring is 2nd BiS (so effectively BiS).
    The right PvP ring is 2nd BiS (so effectively BiS).

Many armor slots from PvP are better than expert equivalent gear (but worse than raid gear).

At least get the right information before you complain about items.
    Last edited by Gamdol; 01-01-2015 at 04:51 AM.
    Gamdol@Greybriar <White Fang>

Champion

So you have the RIGHT items? It is a lottery if you GET an item .. It is a further lottery if that item has the RIGHT stats.

You do not have Items in raids or experts that that play with stats that are fixed to be detrimental.. it is supposed to be GEAR. You do not have a box in PVP will give you with certainty an item .. it may be cash, an artifact or gear that has poor stats. In experts you get items that will improve or not but don't keep changing stats. THAT is a fact. Imagine the outcry if Raiders had RNG boxes with only a bit of cash for their efforts when they down that last boss.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    So you have the RIGHT items? It is a lottery if you GET an item .. It is a further lottery if that item has the RIGHT stats.

You do not have Items in raids or experts that that play with stats that are fixed to be detrimental.. it is supposed to be GEAR. You do not have a box in PVP will give you with certainty an item .. it may be cash, an artifact or gear that has poor stats. In experts you get items that will improve or not but don't keep changing stats. THAT is a fact. Imagine the outcry if Raiders had RNG boxes with only a bit of cash for their efforts when they down that last boss.
    It's all a lottery, and if you don't like that you should find a new genre to play. Raid mobs are basically RNG boxes. The item you need has a random chance to drop and you have a random chance of winning the roll. You might get three pieces in one week, or you might walk away with nothing.

The real difference is raiders have to develop, learn, and execute new strategies when a new raid tier comes out. They can also kill each boss just once per week. PvPers can run a virtually unlimited number of WFs in a week without having to develop new strategies or coordinate with a large group. BiS gear from PvP is game breaking if it can be earned too quickly.

Most hard core raiders don't PvP at all. Out of the ones who do, only a handful are skilled enough to take advantage of their gear. All your whining and crying over the "gear gap" isn't in the interest of fairness. It's an entitlement complex. You think you deserve shiny epic armor just because you're putting in a little time and effort. Get over it.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

My rogue had a pair of marauder gloves drop Saturday. Frist reward ever after lots and lots of wins. I made the two upgrades available and each resulted in gloves which were firsts on the shard (Seastone). So that should give you an idea how many people are progressing through the new improved PvP gearing system. I can only say, thank you TRION from the bottom of my heart.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    It's all a lottery, and if you don't like that you should find a new genre to play. Raid mobs are basically RNG boxes. The item you need has a random chance to drop and you have a random chance of winning the roll. You might get three pieces in one week, or you might walk away with nothing.

The real difference is raiders have to develop, learn, and execute new strategies when a new raid tier comes out. They can also kill each boss just once per week. PvPers can run a virtually unlimited number of WFs in a week without having to develop new strategies or coordinate with a large group. BiS gear from PvP is game breaking if it can be earned too quickly.

Most hard core raiders don't PvP at all. Out of the ones who do, only a handful are skilled enough to take advantage of their gear. All your whining and crying over the "gear gap" isn't in the interest of fairness. It's an entitlement complex. You think you deserve shiny epic armor just because you're putting in a little time and effort. Get over it.
    So how much time and effort do you put into the game?? I spend many hours doing both aspects. It is your good self that has the entitlement complex. You feel because 19 others carry you that you are entitled. Each warfront is different and changes with the players .. each boss you do is not and once learnt never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    My rogue had a pair of marauder gloves drop Saturday. Frist reward ever after lots and lots of wins. I made the two upgrades available and each resulted in gloves which were firsts on the shard (Seastone). So that should give you an idea how many people are progressing through the new improved PvP gearing system. I can only say, thank you TRION from the bottom of my heart.
    I went 8 weeks since my last piece of usable gear drop and by usable I mean it has both my main & secondary stat. I got 2 crappy items the first week 3.0 was released and nothing until this past week. I upgraded my rogue CP bow to the first level and it was the server first. Unfortunately I'm out of marks and can't upgrade it further and I'm not even using it since it's not as good as my Nightweaver. I'll use it in a few weeks once I can upgrade it to the epic version. In addition to the bow, I also need to upgrade my pvp cape, healing trinket, and belt. It might be spring by the time I have them all upgraded.

Trion really needs to look at the amount of Abyssal Crusader Marks to fully upgrade these. It's outrageous and quite frankly, a slap in the face to pvpers. They also need to remove the single stat items from the loot table from marauder chests. Since they have stated there is no "PvP Gear" there should be no single stat items that lack the secondary stat. It's already difficult enough to get the gear to drop and when you do get it, it's possible to get a piece of junk.

I've spent about 8 weeks of grinding dungeons, pve story questing, & pve notoriety grinding to get what I have now. I've also done hundreds of warfronts. I have zero Marauder/Dreambreaker gear equipped. As many others have stated, PvE gearing progression > PvP gearing progression even if you do engage in both. That's where Rift 3.0 gear progression has failed.
    Last edited by asianguywithacamera; 01-01-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post

/Thread over man

Telaran

So how much time and effort do you put into the game?? I spend many hours doing both aspects. It is your good self that has the entitlement complex. You feel because 19 others carry you that you are entitled. Each warfront is different and changes with the players .. each boss you do is not and once learnt never changes.
    I like the assumption that he got carried with no other information. I have no idea how good he is, but this immediate logic jump is pretty hilarious. I see many (not all) PvPers who complain about gear tout how easy raiding is and how WFs are variable and difficult. Having done plenty of both, I'd say Bulf is the only boss easier than Warfronts. They're all pretty straightforward, and any game where you can go in with 5 people and completely swing a 15v15 match is not the pinnacle of skill.

Put it this way: 5 people can easily carry a 15 man team in a Warfront if they're skilled and play the map well. 15 people could not carry 5 others in a raid unless they vastly outgeared the content (required DPS, negative consequences to raid if individuals fail certain mechanics, etc). This is the reason raids award better gear on a more reliable scale, because they're honestly significantly harder than Warfronts.

Does the method for loot awarding from PvP leave some to be desired? Sure. Should they adjust the bolster cap so you can cap your gear for PvP from PvP? Probably. Does any RIFT PvP deserve current-tier raid-quality rewards? Not even a little.
    Gamdol@Greybriar <White Fang>

I would really like to know, how many players are raiders and support this game through patronage and other cash give outs.

What percentage?

Who is actually driving this game?

Rift Disciple

The only thing I feel entitled to is fun when I log in. I don't raid anymore, as my schedule doesn't really allow for it. However, never at any point have I felt like my lack of gear has prevented me from enjoying PvP in Rift, from the time I was a fresh 60 in bolstered gear until today.

I have, however, been in top tier raid guilds in other games. From that experience, I know that clearing brand new content is much, much harder than winning a few warfronts. Yes, PvP is uniquely challenging and requires quick thinking and strategy. However, raids require a much more focused and coordinated group, especially for new bosses without fully developed strats. Like I said, most hardcore raiders aren't that good at PvP, and no one's stopping you from doing random experts. Get over it.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

They need to give fragments of horror per winning crate, so pvpers can make it to the cap per week.

First of all I will admit that I forgot about the sparkle weekly quest that took me two weeks to do. I wouldn't mind if this weekly stayed (even if it is a two or three week quest) but it will be gone soon. I also have heard most items are tank. I got lucky and got a weapon that is better than crafted but still not near some pve drops I've seen.

AlwaysHealNeverDie, I didn't know about the cloak, tell me is it again a item with no secondary stats?. As for the items with high CP, this is a big joke because like my OP said there is no secondary stats so I wouldn't use these items outside pvp which brings me back to another joke "no pve gear no pvp gear just gear".

Gamdol, are these earrings, rings and other items your talking about (pvp items) without secondary spec, I have got two rings without secondary stats and if that's what your calling BiS or second BiS well......? If so they are NOT better than items with secondary stats outside of pvp. Now trion tried to get everyone to do everything (or gave up on pvp) read it as you like, so now we have pvp people doing pve upgrading that gear only to find out "no pve gear, no pvp gear just gear" is not true. So pvp players which got less chances to upgrade gear having to upgrade two sets of gear while pve can pve get 90% of BiS gear and do both pve and pvp. Fair? I think not. By the way my information is right pvp gear is junk outside of pvp unless it has both main and secondary stats which most don't. Don't want to make you pve players cry now do we mate. People like you-But but we have to learn a boss fight and might not get the drop because there are 5 of us. Have you ever been in a CQ that has taken hours to win to open a random chest that gave you infinity stones as a reward? So your pve time means more than pvp time Yes?

You make me as sick as trion for stuffing up pvp and then making it worse by giving us crap pvp drops which are no good for pve but makes us have to use it in pvp so we can have 100k HP with all the endurance. You said "Do we deserve current-tier raid-quality rewards? Not even a little." You clowns cried when you had to get one BiS item from CQ in SL.
    Do you lot deserve to post in pvp, I think not. Clowns like you just don't want to have to pvp in case there are equal BiS gear in pvp but us Poor f..K's have been forced to pve as much as possible to try to get two sets of gear.

Dagnara, I understand about pve having time learn new fights and all but after you do you run through these dungeons and get a lot more chances to get epic gear. What if a pvp player spends as much time doing wf or CQ what do we get? A chest in wf that might give 2 plat or pvp gear that is not made for pve even though we have to pve to upgrade it, a chest in CQ if you win which can last hours in some cases which is random giving us a useless pvp upgrade item as BiS as far as I know that is only good for you pve players. Fair? I think not.

At the end of the day I have to say this whole joke of "no pve gear, no pve gear just gear" has put me off rift.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast