+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Has anyone got epic weapon or armor from pvp?

  1. #31
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    "The entire problem with the old system was it essentially split Rift into two games"

    that in part is what made rift so fun/good.i could CHOOSE what i wanted to play,pvp or pve.i was in just cause for a very long time,met some cool people there.never once did i raid with them. we grouped up did some dailys- cq- wfs from time to time,thats the fun part to me and many others.i did not have to go kill a npc to get gear so i can go pvp.
    You can choose what you want to play now. PvP or PvE. The important difference is now you can also choose to do both and still have time to sleep and go to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    you said it yourself this new system is not perfect right?so why make the change?its not any better then the old system and it drove away tons of players and killed a server.that should tell you it was not worth the change over. at 60 as soon as a player stepped into a wf they were boosted to freelancer gear.why was that so bad?it was viable right? You could buy a full set of freelance with flavor before you hit 60 =cake walk.then start working on warlord high set.its simple really,want to pvp?go get pvp gear.want to pve?go get pve gear.making it all "just gear" does not work.raiders/pvers have excess to the bis gear for anything aspect in the game they choose to partake in.
    And now you get bolstered to expert level gear as soon as you step into a WF. Why is that so bad? It's viable right? Making it all "just gear" does work, because it's just gear. Even in SL player with enough skill or the right class could take down Myrmidons wearing bolstered gear, and the gear disparity is smaller now than it was then. You don't need to have BiS gear to have fun. If you do, that's your problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    i left JC to go to pvp guild and had a blast.we did wfs,cqs, pvp daily's, wpvp when we could find it ect.when i log in now i only see a few of those players left.rift lost massive amounts of pvp to other games.that alone should tell you what they did was wrong.
    ArcheAge launched around the time NT was released, and that took a lot of players away from Rift. I played it for a little while myself, but it was too buggy. I like what I came back to better than what I left.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

    Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

  2. #32
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    And now you get bolstered to expert level gear as soon as you step into a WF. Why is that so bad? It's viable right?
    Actually I don't think it is. I'm not sure that having the equivalent of unenchanted expert gear is as much of an upgrade as it's deemed to be. As a fresh 65 you certainly know those that have actual expert level gear as opposed to bolstered. It in no way makes the two the same.

    The only game to have got gear right (in my opinion) is Guild Wars 2.

  3. #33
    Rift Disciple Tartug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    And now you get bolstered to expert level gear as soon as you step into a WF. Why is that so bad? It's viable right? Making it all "just gear" does work, because it's just gear. Even in SL player with enough skill or the right class could take down Myrmidons wearing bolstered gear, and the gear disparity is smaller now than it was then. You don't need to have BiS gear to have fun. If you do, that's your problem.
    Bolstered? I see that thrown around quite often.

    Let's be clear here. When I first hit 65 and got most of my 65 blue crafted gear I was loading into WF's at 9600sp give or take.

    Now that I am getting some better gear (which is still just blue stuff since I only really PvP) I am setting at just over 12k spell power in WF's. So you got players who do dungeons and raids that I know are setting at 15k+ spell power in WF's.

    So bolstering really isn't working as it should. It is not putting everyone on an even playing field. You have PvErs running with the best gear for PvP now and it is stupid.

    I'm all for making gear not matter in PvP. Or at least let those of us who PvP get the same stuff PvErs are getting from the dungeons. Not this garbage Marauder crap that never drops, and takes months to be upgraded to even get close to the dungeon stuff.

    I just don't understand how anyone can argue the state of PvP and gear at this point.

  4. #34
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Bolstering is a cute word trion uses to basically call all pvpers ****ing idiots.

    They even provide a nice icon when you're in wf's stating how ****ing dumb you are by believing in bolstering.

  5. #35
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    You can choose what you want to play now. PvP or PvE. The important difference is now you can also choose to do both and still have time to sleep and go to work.
    no, you cant. there is zero choice it the game any more if you want effective gear in pvp.
    you must pve for gear.
    the pvp gear is so laughably inferior and stupidly expensive to upgrade that it is nothing more than Trions twisted joke on pvpers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    And now you get bolstered to expert level gear as soon as you step into a WF. Why is that so bad? It's viable right? Making it all "just gear" does work, because it's just gear. Even in SL player with enough skill or the right class could take down Myrmidons wearing bolstered gear, and the gear disparity is smaller now than it was then. You don't need to have BiS gear to have fun. If you do, that's your problem.
    you get bolstered to expert blue level. the marauder gear starts at world blue level. the gear that drops in pvp must be upgraded before it reaches the minimum bolster level!.
    expert purple is the maximum level of pvp upgrade.
    PvEers have already passed the expert purple and are into the raid gear, and believe me, the difference is noticeable.
    making it all just gear can work, but not how its been done in Rift.
    the easiest way to make it work, is to simply have the exact same gear accessible through both paths.
    the gear disparity, while arguably smaller (ie: the differences between expert blue, expert purple, and raid purple) is actually significantly worse now, because while your average PvEer is now into the raid purples, the average pvper is still stuck at expert blue, with maybe a couple of expert purples.
    the disparity between time and effort for equal tier gear is enormous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    ArcheAge launched around the time NT was released, and that took a lot of players away from Rift. I played it for a little while myself, but it was too buggy. I like what I came back to better than what I left.
    many players left, and not just for archeage (the smarter ones did their homework and knew archeage was fail right from the start). some have come back. but not many.
    entire guilds disappeared almost overnight.
    I was in a pvp guild on Seastone. we ran conquest premades, we ran raids. at our height during Storm Legion we would have around 50 players online during primetime.
    this guild no longer exists. I can count on one hand the number of players from that guild who still play rift, and they are all on pve shards now.

    players leaving to try out new games and eventually returning is nothing new to MMOs.
    this isn't what happened with Rift: NT

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  6. #36
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagnara View Post
    You can choose what you want to play now. PvP or PvE. The important difference is now you can also choose to do both and still have time to sleep and go to work.



    And now you get bolstered to expert level gear as soon as you step into a WF. Why is that so bad? It's viable right? Making it all "just gear" does work, because it's just gear. Even in SL player with enough skill or the right class could take down Myrmidons wearing bolstered gear, and the gear disparity is smaller now than it was then. You don't need to have BiS gear to have fun. If you do, that's your problem.



    ArcheAge launched around the time NT was released, and that took a lot of players away from Rift. I played it for a little while myself, but it was too buggy. I like what I came back to better than what I left.
    i will say this again for you-the only people that are loving this change are pvers or "pvpers" that are in with a raiding gild or run pve more then they pvp. now players like yourself can raid when they want then jump into a wf to kill time and have a leg up on pvpers.hell i was talkign with someone from your guild last night and that pretty much what he said.its easier to gear only need one set.why?because they raid more then anything else.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  7. #37
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    no, you cant. there is zero choice it the game any more if you want effective gear in pvp.
    you must pve for gear.
    the pvp gear is so laughably inferior and stupidly expensive to upgrade that it is nothing more than Trions twisted joke on pvpers.



    you get bolstered to expert blue level. the marauder gear starts at world blue level. the gear that drops in pvp must be upgraded before it reaches the minimum bolster level!.
    expert purple is the maximum level of pvp upgrade.
    PvEers have already passed the expert purple and are into the raid gear, and believe me, the difference is noticeable.
    making it all just gear can work, but not how its been done in Rift.
    the easiest way to make it work, is to simply have the exact same gear accessible through both paths.
    the gear disparity, while arguably smaller (ie: the differences between expert blue, expert purple, and raid purple) is actually significantly worse now, because while your average PvEer is now into the raid purples, the average pvper is still stuck at expert blue, with maybe a couple of expert purples.
    the disparity between time and effort for equal tier gear is enormous.



    many players left, and not just for archeage (the smarter ones did their homework and knew archeage was fail right from the start). some have come back. but not many.
    entire guilds disappeared almost overnight.
    I was in a pvp guild on Seastone. we ran conquest premades, we ran raids. at our height during Storm Legion we would have around 50 players online during primetime.
    this guild no longer exists. I can count on one hand the number of players from that guild who still play rift, and they are all on pve shards now.

    players leaving to try out new games and eventually returning is nothing new to MMOs.
    this isn't what happened with Rift: NT
    agree 100% -im only playing around in rift atm just for the hell of it.when i logged back in like a week ago i was shocked at how dead sea stone was.even when i was running around in the new zones,i only seen another player a handful of times. the longer this crap goes on the more players the game will lose. at this point i would not be shocked to see seastone shut down.if wow had rifts talents trees the game would have 20 million players.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  8. #38
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Gear is Gear ..this is real fiction and now a game breaker .. guilds breaking up faster than ever and folks leaving ..completely burnt out trying to GEAR up but realizing they will never be able to reach a suitable level even after months of trying. The rewards for PVPing.. a complete joke.. you cannot simply do experts for ever as there finite rewards from that.

    Down bolstering does not work in PVP and that is a fact. The implementation of gear is just gear has not been thought out at all and .. the disparity will get larger. and larger. People see that and leave. I doubt very much that the raiding population alone will support the game with the money required to keep it going now that the other parts of the community has been decimated.

  9. #39
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    So bolstering really isn't working as it should. It is not putting everyone on an even playing field. You have PvErs running with the best gear for PvP now and it is stupid.
    I thought this was the whole point - putting everyone on an even playing field. Wasn't that the entire reason TRION destroyed PvP progression?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  10. #40
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default My 2 Cents

    Just came back and this is what I see:

    1. Bolstering is not working as intended.
    2. You should have the opportunity to grind for Epic gear in PVP. As of now, there is no way to do that.

    I have seen comments that they can't allow PVP'ers to upgrade to Epic gear because it would be too easy for PVE'ers to take that route and get the gear. I have seen comments that PVP is equal only to "Experts" in gearing because of the "skill" needed to accomplish PVP.

    I disagree on those points because I think if you allow some sort of path - with a bit of a grind - then it would be fine to allow a progression path through PVP to get Epics. The reason behind that logic is two-fold:

    1. Put in a path for PVP players but make it a little bit of a grind. It prevents PVE players from obtaining the gear quicker in PVP than they could in PVE. Any kind of a grind is going to turn PVE players "off" because it would take away time from their PVE activities. Thus, you would have two routes to obtain the same gear and players would get to do the things they want to do. I will admit, even though i didn't like the old RNG system of getting Relics in CQ, at least you had the opportunity to get them. I got four in four months (and I ran CQ all the time) -- it was a grind but it worked out.

    2. Putting this mechanic in place would help in keeping current PVP'ers and help to possibly bring back the some of hundreds that left over the last six months (like me).

    So, in closing, you get to have unified gear - just allow another path to get it. Hardcore PVP players are not going to ruin raiding by getting gear and then swapping over to PVE. That just won't happen. You will still allow cross-platform opportunities for those that do want it. Win-Win.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  11. #41
    Plane Touched Fusscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    273

    Default

    An argument I'm seeing here a lot, is about skill. The content requiring the most skill should give the best rewards. I can't disagree with that point, because it's very easy to derp through pvp in rift. There's a learning curve for each type of content, but there's quite a bit of overlap as well. Sadly pvp is the most casual content in Rift.

    Some of us come from hard core pvp/rvr backgrounds such as DAoC and Warhammer, where pvp was without a doubt the most difficult and the main content. These players aren't here for the pve, but most of us are willing to do some grind to get the stuff we need.

    There is also the question of time commitment, and people wanting to play their favorite content the most. This is a tipping point for a lot of players. Most of us are competitive enough to raid even if we hate it, just to get the best gear. That leaves us with less time to pvp, and for some an easy decision to leave.

    It's also breaking up guilds. Most skilled pvpers are used to small pvp oriented guilds. And right now the most dedicated pvpers are in raiding guilds to stay competitive. As a pvp oriented guild we are in a very difficult spot, and I know it's not only us. To stay the course we have to recruit enough pvpers to be able to raid, or find some arrangement to team up with a pve guild.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

  12. #42
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    part 1

    No offence Dagnara but how long have you been playing?

    Before SL there was defiant v guardian. Then before NM there was pve and pvp. Now we have some BS "No pve gear, No pvp gear just gear" which is a load of crap. Pvp getting pushed out of the game, full stop. I don't care if Dev's come on and say different the facts are there for all to see.

    But what upsets me the most is not that pvp players are getting the short straw making us pve but it looks like for those that don't want to pve outside of world events and not pve dungeons and pve raids will never get the drops a pve player gets. Trion will get rid of pvp gear but won't let pvp players get the best gear they can for pvp.

    As for bolstering don't get me started. This joke has never been explained 100%. But I can tell you some players hit so hard that it can only come from a player with relic gear. How about trying to kill a tank with 120k HP or more.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  13. #43
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    part 2

    At the end of the day trion/rift gave pvp away to AA. The guild I was on a pvp guild called prophecy had 40-50 players on most of the time but once NM came out with the big "no pve gear, no pvp gear just [more pve gear] GEAR" 95% of the guild left to AA. Now you tell me why trion would take a pvp game on just before disrespecting their pvp players, can you guess?. Not a lot of real pvp's left and the sad thing I don't think trion care.

    Keep giving pvp players crap chest trion that give 2 plat and crap items with no secondary stats that my runecraft can break. Keep giving us a weekly of 500 sparkle things that takes 2-3 weeks to do. Keep wf and CQ unbalanced. It's got to the stage that I'm starting not to care about upgrading my gear because unlike trion said there is GEAR which pvp players will never get and there is pvp gear with no secondary stats topped with endurance made for pvp which I couldn't be stuffed upgrading. I have one weapon already upgraded that needs 24 void source accelerators for the next upgrade. That's 5850 void stones x 24 = 140400 void stones to farm for one items second upgrade. All this farming is turning into a second job just to get my pve set done. While pve player can come in to wf with relic items drops and kick butt in pvp and pve us fools have to have a medium level pve set or think about going the endurance set which will take another year or two to upgrade.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  14. #44
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    part 3

    The grind has become to much for two sets of gear if you don't raid and will need a pve set and a endurance set for pvp which is a joke without secondary stats, still don't want to upset the god damn pve raid elite do we by giving us GEAR with secondary stats do we. This game has stop being fun without things like the dendrome weekly and everything is a grind fest. Forget about my heal spec item upgrades as well because then we are talking 3 sets of gear. To much to upgrade trion and pointless for pvp or even pve players that don't raid to bother knowing pve players that raids will always have the advantage over you in pvp, and don't start with the a pvp player should beat a pve player with better gear.

    Do you see the posts in chat trion about people looking for people with 1000 hit for DRR or NMR? Hell I play more than most and have done most weekly since NM started and I still don't have 1 k hit. Most pvp players won't be near it. Anyway trion you picked your side so don't expect pvp players to be happy with it.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  15. #45
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Stuff
    Relic Raid gear get down bolstered.
    A tank can achieve 140k HP with expert level gear, it's called proper runes, dream orbs and essences.
    Took me 3 days to get 1k hit... on my alt.
    Marauder gear comes in 9 different random stats distribution for each slots. 3 of which have normal endurance and are actually the best Expert level gear you can find.

    More than half of your complaints are unjustified and wrong.
    Last edited by Snap; 01-05-2015 at 02:01 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts