+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Shedelin
  • 1 Post By Tyaus

Thread: New Warfront Idea: Yay or Nay?

Post New Warfront Idea: Yay or Nay?

Here's my warfront idea: Doomsday

Based off the WoW battleground "Strand of the Ancients", which is a D-Day invasion WoW style. A similar D-Day style can be done by playing Assault mode on UT2004.

Basically, here's how it works: Guardians and Defiants queue up, then a coin toss occurs to decide who plays attackers and who plays defenders. Whomever attacks first has 10 minutes to break down three walls and claim a dangerous/ancient artifact. Then the other team has to successfully attack the map faster than the first team. Because one team gets 10 minutes, this makes this war front take no longer than 20 minutes. If neither team claims the artifact in 10 minutes, the game is a draw, otherwise the winner is the team that claims the artifact in less time.

Well, what do you think of my war front idea?

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?

Prophet of Telara

I think they should improve on the ones they have now instead of making new ones.

I have an idea for Ghar Station Eyn, instead of picking up a egg that causes damage how about 25% of the eggs increase your damage done?

That way there is a risk vs reward for those that will never pick up a object because they know it will kill them as it is now.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I think they should improve on the ones they have now instead of making new ones.

I have an idea for Ghar Station Eyn, instead of picking up a egg that causes damage how about 25% of the eggs increase your damage done?

That way there is a risk vs reward for those that will never pick up a object because they know it will kill them as it is now.

I'd rather see the eggs keep their damage, but extend it to not just the player holding it, but into a PBAOE (point blank area of effect) around the carrier.
    this would encourage carriers to get in amongst the enemy, maybe surround a healer.

the only argument against would be that such a mechanic disadvantages melee (as if melee isn't already disadvantaged enough in pvp). to which I reply: that melee can go pick up its own egg...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Nay for your idea

big fkn YAY for Tyaus's idea. I'd extend it to Library too...
    Taking dmg out of nowhere just cuz you are smart enough to actually follow objectives is plain stupid imo.

This was one of the most fun UT mods ^.^
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post

Maybe they should just empower them all a bit at the cost of taking damage, so it is risk and reward combined. Otherwise you might end up with silly games of luck where 2 healers grab non damaging objectives. That would just be silly.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I would prefer to see them replace all the eggs with Manugo stations, and every once in awhile you get a prize from clicking them. The prize will be being booted from the WF without a debuff, so you can immediately requeue.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Arrow

Alright, alright, let's get back on topic. Do you like my new warfront idea, should it be modified a little, or did I just pass the "Shedelin, are you insane?" line?

+ Reply to Thread