+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By nacho
  • 2 Post By Osirian
  • 1 Post By asianguywithacamera

Thread: Old pvper seeking to return.

Default Old pvper seeking to return.

Hey guys I use to play a lot; Fox@Hailol. I quit for military purposes and I am about to leave in Feb for Officer Candidate School. I have scrolled over on the forums briefly because I have some friends that decided to pick up rift. First off the pvp was aimed for pve'ers when I quit; I see they unified gear. Can you get the best gear from pvping and pveing or is it gimped more towards pve carebears? I would just rather not be stuck raiding for hours when I could be pvping for hours instead...I am fine with the unification so that the pve'ers would stop qqing about the pvp gear. Now that they have unified can I get the best gear from pvping too?

Lastly, is Daglar still holding on to his "you should play everything" mentality towards pvpers?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Osirian View Post
    First off the pvp was aimed for pve'ers when I quit; I see they unified gear. Can you get the best gear from pvping and pveing or is it gimped more towards pve carebears?
    From what I've heard the PvP marks can only be spent on Expert Dungeon level gear. Raid T1 gear doesn't get bolstered down so PvE'ers with it have a distinct advantage. I've been gone from game for a while but this is the gist of the complaints I've read of the new system (I can't quite kick the forum habit yet).

Lastly, is Daglar still holding on to his "you should play everything" mentality towards pvpers?
    More so than ever.

Rift Chaser

You do get raid marks from warfront dailies. Although I do the daily WF's and experts, and have yet to get a piece of raid gear... it is possible.

You will be much better off farming experts as well as warfronts.
    You can find me on Deepwood. Playing Rift too.

Albedina - 65 mage
    Erodthemighty - 65 warrior
    Makion -65 rogue

You can gear via pvp only but it will be very slow. You can either use you're currency to buy the +125 hit gear, which is NT expert level gear or hope you get done gear drops from winning a warfront.

The latter method is slow and tedious due to the ridiculous amount of marks required to upgrade the marauder gear to the dreambreaker gear. I have 3 items in the bank now and it'll take about 3 weeks each to fully upgrade them. I cap my abyssal crusader marks each week, too. One note, though. The dreambreaker gear, in some slots, are BiS (ie cape) do pvping does have some benefits over pveing.

I ran dungeons to gear up since it was faster than pvp grinding. Once I got the pieces I wanted, I did more warfronts again. Being a fresh 65 and wearing just crafted gear in warfronts was brutal going against players in dungeon gear. It was like being in freelancer gear versus a myrmidon geared player.

Thank you for your service

thank you, I just wish I could have played more lately and now its a bummer because I don't want to waste time on pvp if I may get rolled by a clicker standing still due to their gear...

thank you, I just wish I could have played more lately and now its a bummer because I don't want to waste time on pvp if I may get rolled by a clicker standing still due to their gear...
    Don't worry, they'll backpedal when pressured.

Hey now... some of use still use abilities that require hard casting.

+ Reply to Thread