+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: insant caps after stealing a stone in whitefall - exploit?

Default insant caps after stealing a stone in whitefall - exploit?

just a heads up, there's some kind of exploit that's letting players steal and cap stones instantly. i put in a ticket but who knows when that'll get looked at, hopefully this will get fixed asap. the same player capped two stones a few seconds after stealing them and won the warfront, and as far as i know ports, run speed, memory capture, and friend summons aren't able to be used anymore in warfronts or when holding objectives, so i'm not really sure how this is being accomplished.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

i can think of three possible ways it can be done, two of which i know do work, but one requires an enemy being a blind idiot, the other requires an enemy actively assisting with the exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Now this is how you exploit. Non of this sissy, guy standing on a bush stuff. Straight up rip your mechanics in half insta caps.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-31-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

its not a new exploit, there was a thread during SL about someone doing it.
    it has potentially been possible since launch (although the launch WF was different, it could still have been done then).

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

I had made a post of this after watching a guys do it a while back.
    It got deleted caused I named the punk on the forums which is frowned upon.

I witnessed he grabbed stone and somewhere behind the hut found a way up the hill to the opponents spawn point.... bam transported back to home w the stone.

guess they still havent fixed it..... haha maybe there too busy giving away Bis gear to the PvEers to fix pvp

Quote Originally Posted by deadwood1 View Post

I witnessed he grabbed stone and somewhere behind the hut found a way up the hill to the opponents spawn point.... bam transported back to home w the stone.

guess they still havent fixed it..... haha maybe there too busy giving away Bis gear to the PvEers to fix pvp
    saying how it is done is frowned upon too.
    at best your post will be modified by Ocho or one of the Forum Minions.
    at worst, you just got this thread deleted.

P.S. when do we get minion cards based on the Forum Minions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    saying how it is done is frowned upon too.
    at best your post will be modified by Ocho or one of the Forum Minions.
    at worst, you just got this thread deleted.

P.S. when do we get minion cards based on the Forum Minions?
    If its small stuff i see it the same way, but since this isnt anything new and pretty "gamebreaking", telling as much ppl as possible is the best way to get it fixed. Sad but true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    If its small stuff i see it the same way, but since this isnt anything new and pretty "gamebreaking", telling as much ppl as possible is the best way to get it fixed. Sad but true...
    fixed?
    sure, if this were an expert or raid I'd expect a fix in the next patch.

but a pvp fix? maybe by next Christmas. Sad but true...

Quote Originally Posted by deadwood1 View Post

Bumping this because Trion requires a little egg on the face before they get around to fixing anything. They treat us like fools and just ignore glaring, broken flaws.
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-01-2015 at 09:48 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Bumping this because Trion requires a little egg on the face before they get around to fixing anything. They treat us like fools and just ignore glaring, broken flaws.
    No, it really requires someone actually reporting how to do the exploit, not egg on our face. There will be bugs in the game, there are bugs in the game, there are exploits. It is far easier to fix them when someone that allegedly knows how to do it tells us how they do it so we can actually see if the root issue is resolvable.

Or, we could have QA spend a ton of time doing ad-hoc testing of this.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    its not a new exploit, there was a thread during SL about someone doing it.
    it has potentially been possible since launch (although the launch WF was different, it could still have been done then).
    I guess you condone this exploit then?

Let's get this fixed.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

No, it really requires someone actually reporting how to do the exploit, not egg on our face. There will be bugs in the game, there are bugs in the game, there are exploits. It is far easier to fix them when someone that allegedly knows how to do it tells us how they do it so we can actually see if the root issue is resolvable.

~Daglar
    I'm the fool and stand corrected then. Thank you for doing it in a civil manner through communication. I've been cranky over the holidays and looking forward to Rift moving forward as well. Everything has just felt like it was in limbo lately.
    Last edited by Wing man; 01-05-2015 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorer View Post
    I guess you condone this exploit then?

Let's get this fixed.
    not at all.

Thumbs up

~Daglar
    Ditto,
    I remembered playing an Assassin, stole a stone, when approached I instinctively hit stealth and it worked? All of a sudden I read the chatter about me disappearing while carrying. It I capped of course, but I did report it. It was popular for a short while but dealt with.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Thanks for the PMs. I've gotten multiple different ways to do this from folks - all different.

Looking into a few of them, they require some extra code to be written. So I'm waiting for that to be done before we can address these issues.

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast