+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: End warfronts at 500

Rift Disciple

Default End warfronts at 500

The drop out rate would be cut to nothing if all the warfronts ended at 500. Port is a freaking nightmare at 1000.

Rift Disciple

Port isn't the worst though. Antechamber is much worse because it can goto timer and still not even be nearly a close match. I have never seen that map be a close match. The last time I bothered to play that match we had a 1000 - 400 and it ended at 18 minutes bleh.

The only maps I would adjust are Blighted Antechamber and Ghar Station. Otherwise the rest are fine as-is. Port Scion sucks yes, but you could easily get your raid to each capacitor/mini boss and then boss to end it quickly.
    Last edited by Riane; 12-29-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Rift Disciple

In the 3-1/2 years I've been playing, I've won Port ONE time by killing bosses. It's so rare as not to be a factor.

Port has the highest drop out rate of them all. Codex and Library would be great at 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Baald View Post
    In the 3-1/2 years I've been playing, I've won Port ONE time by killing bosses. It's so rare as not to be a factor.

Port has the highest drop out rate of them all. Codex and Library would be great at 500.
    I think more people are porting out of blighted now over port, but i would change that timer and the gnar one as well to 1k, rather than 1500. Just imo. If you are getting slaughtered, its nice to end them faster
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Killing the boss in PS used to be the road to victory. We did it everytime. Right now, I don't think PS is too long but Blighted Nightmare and the 5 flag thing where you normally run the 3 power core gizmos are way too long when the team aren't balanced. (And they usually aren't). Codex too for that matter. I like the WFs best that have goals rather than scoring points per tic. The way WF are currently balanced these 1000 pt matches scoring 4 or 7 a tic can take absolutely for ever!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

Now that toughness isn't a thing, killing the boss in port isnt too bad. It seems players damaging him use pve calculations, but healing uses PvP calculations. Massively nerfed heals can't beat unreduced damage at all.

At least that was my experience in a six minute win last week.

I call ******** on that. Back during HK days, it was common to zerg bosses with your 4-pc PVE crystal. And it was basically up to who you had for DPS on your team to beat the opposition. Or hope that the opposition didn't stay in pvp gear to meet your zerg and wipe you out.

Killing boss wasn't as common once SL hit but with 3.0? I have killed the boss more in PS than I did most of SL. Definitely not more than pre-SL though.

Rift Disciple

I have no idea what you said, but I can guarantee you that my RIFT experience is slightly different than yours. Port is way too long and always has been way too long.

No way. We'll never get to post our awesomeness with high killing blows and damage from the warfront summary screen. 500 points would give us top KB of 6!

Extend the warfront disgrace to 1 hour and see how many people leave.

I have no idea what you said, but I can guarantee you that my RIFT experience is slightly different than yours. Port is way too long and always has been way too long.
    You have played for 3.5 years but have no idea what I said? Yeah, okay.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    No way. We'll never get to post our awesomeness with high killing blows and damage from the warfront summary screen. 500 points would give us top KB of 6!

Extend the warfront disgrace to 1 hour and see how many people leave.
    Sins would go 7-0, topping the kb chart with highest kb, top kills near a control point (one) and most objectives achieved (clicking the same flag over and over after that group of 3 left and you gank one player at a time).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    The only maps I would adjust are Blighted Antechamber and Ghar Station. Otherwise the rest are fine as-is. Port Scion sucks yes, but you could easily get your raid to each capacitor/mini boss and then boss to end it quickly.
    port scion is the best WF and always has been. just ran para and **** all over everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I call ******** on that. Back during HK days, it was common to zerg bosses with your 4-pc PVE crystal. And it was basically up to who you had for DPS on your team to beat the opposition. Or hope that the opposition didn't stay in pvp gear to meet your zerg and wipe you out.

Killing boss wasn't as common once SL hit but with 3.0? I have killed the boss more in PS than I did most of SL. Definitely not more than pre-SL though.
    I would just like to say I was part of my shard first for killing the boss in SL. What. Sick first.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

At least even the worst of the games I get into now can only last 99 seconds x3 at maximum. No more longer than Saturday morning cartoons Scions.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-29-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast