+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Polite questions for the Devs

Default Polite questions for the Devs

Is there any intention of adjusting the gear upgrade paths for PVP'ers?
    Is there any intention of adjusting the drop rates on rewards in WF's?
    Is there any intention of switching favor gained in wf's to marks?

To the community - please don't troll the thread ... just wondering if we can get an answer as its a constant source of discussion for PVP'ers and other than Dalgars vague comments on the live stream its not been addressed at all.

I would appreciate any other pvp related polite questions to keep the thread near the top and visible.

Thank You

Archonix is looking into it. Drop rate might be doubled for 3.1. Not 100% sure though. Archonix will be talking more about PvP and PvP gearing in the new year.

- the dec 19 livestream

Ascendant

I don't foresee favor getting a conversion to anything other than planarite or possibly void stones, planarite is really the only "participation" award pve has. Its not like you get marks from bosses or trash in experts without a random bonus available, so I don't see PvP getting around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I don't foresee favor getting a conversion to anything other than planarite or possibly void stones, planarite is really the only "participation" award pve has. Its not like you get marks from bosses or trash in experts without a random bonus available, so I don't see PvP getting around that.
    Yeah, and for a lot of us, it wouldn't help very much unless they also raised the cap for the various Marks. I don't think that'll happen. It would still be more useful than favors, though.

Ascendant

1. Does the matchmaking input premades into the equation correctly? It is believed it only takes one player's ELO into account for up to the 5 player max, and thus only balancing 1 opposite player vs. 5 (possibly top notch ELO players), creating a huge imbalance of competition. Never seen this answered yet, despite being an honest question brought up by many from time to time. If someone has answered it please point me to the dev response.

2. Was the intention of PVE gear and PVP gear gap/time input to achieve meant to be such a large disparity? It is. Currently I spend most my time doing dungeons to get gear so I can be equal with predominantly pve raiding players. The time spent is immense, and not my intended avenue of play. If i pvp it will take forever to get even the little gear I've gotten from doing dungeons constantly-or I would rather say attempting to do constantly. Hour long ques also intended?

3. PVE weapons/trinket procs supposed to work as effectively in pvp? Aren't they supposed to be nerfed (the effects)? Passive abilities amounting to a good portion of a players output = a ton less skill in pvp, especially since it comes from a piece of equipment, worsening the already large gear disparity between players trying to gear up via pvp and those with full sets from pve with said advantages. The rate of progressing gear between players is not gated by prestige, thus rapidly increasing gear disparity when one can attain whole higher tier sets in days vs. (I'm guessing) months via pvp to have still inferior gear. Obviously one avenue is superior then the other.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-29-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Ascendant

Dont worry, knowing Trion upgrades for pvp gear will cost so much favor that you will have to buy favor vials again. Relic myrmidon anyone? It's coming and it will be painful again.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Matchmaking appears seriously broken. I wonder along with Wrastion about how PreMades are input. I still wonder why PreMades are in PuG Qs at all. Free fodder? I question why we are thrown into serious losing matches near the very end; sometimes it ends before you can even mount or jump in from spawn.

Are these Marauder chests really designed as our upgrade path to compete with raids and dungeons? I usually see them giving 1.5 plat with a rare artifact or minion (which have what to do with PvP?) I HATE depending on RNG for upgrades. At least our previous progression was understandable and we knew how to advance and what to expect.

If the intent has been to do away with gear and bolster everyone to the same level. Fine I can live with that. And in fact prefer it to the current system which seriously favors PvE players. RIFT has long favored PvE players (especially raiders) but it is ridiculous to do it so completely in WFs as well. But tell us what you are doing! There had been damn little communication with PvP players. Of course to be honest in the new TRION world where daily crafting quests haven't changed in months, I don't expect much development. Cow meets milkshed appears to be their focus.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

idk all my matches are mostly close, especially on dom maps. Bad maps like BG, library, KR regular and WF are typically only lopsided wins due to healing imbalances. But then again I am such a massive factor in the match outcome what would likely be a lopsided loss is usually a win when im there.

I can understand someone who zergs dex all day while getting farmed and 3 capped would think otherwise.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 12-30-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Default Well

If your team is good enough to 3 cap win ... its generally good enough to hold dex + your point and win unless the other team are total tools .. and then you should be good enough just because they are stupid ... Ive won both ways but dex + yours is far and away the easier simpler win.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    If your team is good enough to 3 cap win ... its generally good enough to hold dex + your point and win unless the other team are total tools .. and then you should be good enough just because they are stupid ... Ive won both ways but dex + yours is far and away the easier simpler win.
    Winning without DEX always has to be plan B. Sometimes plan B works, usually not. DEX wins it the vast majority of the time. I like to hold the opposite spawn point, though. If nothing else, the opposing teams has to run past you to get to DEX.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    ...its generally good enough to hold dex + your point and win...
    you just threw away any chance you might have had at being taken as someone who knows what they are talking about.

the best bit is, you wont even know why the quote of yours shows you don't understand the maps.

P.S. luckily for you, this doesn't reflect on your ability to spam macros, win fights, or top scoreboards. unfortunately for you, it can have a massive impact on whether you win or lose matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post
    Winning without DEX always has to be plan B. Sometimes plan B works, usually not. DEX wins it the vast majority of the time. I like to hold the opposite spawn point, though. If nothing else, the opposing teams has to run past you to get to DEX.
    I'd be more inclined to say that the three cap is just stage one of plan B. the ultimate goal still remains control of dex.

even so, contesting the enemies spawn flag will always beat someone who thinks like Fallse, because they've already given you the two other flags for free.

my own opinion is, if you can take and hold dex, you can take and hold any flag. and if you can take and hold any flag, you can take and hold every flag. why only eat half a meal?
    fighting at the enemies spawn flag controls their team.
    fighting at your own spawn flag allows the enemy to control you.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 12-30-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you just threw away any chance you might have had at being taken as someone who knows what they are talking about.

the best bit is, you wont even know why the quote of yours shows you don't understand the maps.

P.S. luckily for you, this doesn't reflect on your ability to spam macros, win fights, or top scoreboards. unfortunately for you, it can have a massive impact on whether you win or lose matches.
    There are many ways to win but, how are you gonna smack talk the most tried and true method of simplicity? Dex + 1 wins zee game. I mean as far as simplicity and bare minimum. The rest is either plan B or powerhousing often.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-31-2014 at 03:58 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    There are many ways to win but, how are you gonna smack talk the most tried and true method of simplicity? Dex + 1 wins zee game. I mean as far as simplicity and bare minimum. The rest is either plan B or powerhousing often.
    i totally agree that dex +1 is optimal strategy.
    there is a small but very significant difference between dex +1 and what Fallse said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I'd be more inclined to say that the three cap is just stage one of plan B. the ultimate goal still remains control of dex.

even so, contesting the enemies spawn flag will always beat someone who thinks like Fallse, because they've already given you the two other flags for free.

my own opinion is, if you can take and hold dex, you can take and hold any flag. and if you can take and hold any flag, you can take and hold every flag. why only eat half a meal?
    fighting at the enemies spawn flag controls their team.
    fighting at your own spawn flag allows the enemy to control you.

Very well said. I agree 150%! When we start battling near our own spawn, we essentially create our own bottleneck, thus shutting ourselves off from the other 2 flags. That's true in Steppes, too. How many times have we seen teams spend their entire time fighting at their own gate, even when there's no stones to defend. I always want to say, "Hey, guys!! There's other ways out of this joint!"

Also, people going DEX during a 3 cap game can be very useful. In a 3 cap game, you're trying to turn DEX into the opposing teams bottleneck. So, you have to keep pressure on DEX, at least periodically. The second you start to completely ignore DEX is when they come down off the hill and take another flag. You also want to be ready to swoop in and grab DEX if they leave in under-defended.
    Last edited by Skid Rogue; 12-31-2014 at 04:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast