+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Returning PvP player questions about 3.0 PvP

Question Returning PvP player questions about 3.0 PvP

Hello everyone, I'm Pennyroyaltea, level 60 Chloro mage from Bloodiron, EU server. I used to be a casual PvP player back in Storm Legion last time I played rift about a year ago. I've heard about the new expac few months ago when it came out and now I've finally managed to find some time to try it out.

I understand that they removed Valor and Vengeance and unified gear so that you can do any content without having to farm 2 different sets of gear. I also understand that the best gear will be obtained from raiding, I figured that is the Frost Keeper's set through digging in the UI. Purchased via Fragments of Horror. However that gear is going to scale down when you enter a warfront to stats of the best PvP items through this new B-something system. Also I understand that the prestige is kind of irrelevant right now.

My questions are:

1.) What is the best set that I can obtain through PvP-ing, and will I be able to purchase it with currency that I get from Warfronts/Conquest?

2.) Will the best raiding gear be scaled to level of the same gear I obtain through Warfronts/Conquest or any kind of new PvP systems that are in game right now? I assume yes?

3.) Can I avoid doing arenas... like ever?

Thanks in advance! And also big props to Trion folks for restoring my character after it's been deleted for over a year!

the search function is your friend.
    your questions have been asked (and answered) several times over.

just a quick response though...

1. its complicated. inferior "expert dungeon" is the highest level of pvp. and you can use currency gained in warfronts on it. but that is the stupidly long way to go about it.

2. yes, the best raid gear will be scaled down to a point that is still better than what you can get solely through pvp. the 2nd best raid gear (that is better than what you get through pvp) is not scaled down.

3. there is no arena in this game, so, yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Thanks a lot! The future patches are our friends.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyroyaltea View Post
    Thanks a lot! The future patches are our friends.
    How far will this attitude get you when people were using this phrase pre-3.0?

+ Reply to Thread