+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How many Clerics run sent in pvp, and Puri needs a leaderboard for absorbs.

Prophet of Telara

Default How many Clerics run sent in pvp, and Puri needs a leaderboard for absorbs.

I personally think it is a great soul, I don't see many though. I would also like to know how many run Puri.

Trion needs to add a absorbs tab to leaderboards to see how puri really affects healing. I know when I have a Puri on my side healing is easier. Lets give a shout out to the Puri's that heal their butt off but don't get the recognition they deserve.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Tyaus; 12-28-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

The entire leaderboard page needs a complete revamp.

It needs a section over a general overview, a tab for healing, a tab for damage.

General overview, much like it is now, but much more simplified.

For general: Killing blows, overall team kills, assisted kills, saves, how many "shoutouts" the game gave to someone, objectives completed, distance moved.

For damage: KB's, Assisted kills, AE damage dealt/taken, ST damage dealt/taken, Buffs removed from players, debuffs applied to enemies, how many CC abilities were used

For healing: ST and AE Shielding done/taken, raw ST and AE healing done and taken, healing "saves", amount healing CD's used on self and others, etc.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I personally think it is a great soul, I don't see many though. I would also like to know how many run Puri.

Trion needs to add a absorbs tab to leaderboards to see how puri really affects healing. I know when I have a Puri on my side healing is easier. Lets give a shout out to the Puri's that heal their butt off but don't get the recognition they deserve.

What do you guys think?

I've been hearing this about shield/absorb based healing classes since Eq2. The two who mained in that style of healing (defiler/mystic), the people who played them would sometimes get annoyed because the pure healing classes would appear to "top" the parse, but in reality sometimes the persons shielding did more "healing", while the parse also didn't account for cures performed either.

This is just why leaderboards are silly, and only measure so much and the rest of the void has to be filled in with human intuition. And it's why, as long as I can remember, for PvE and PvP, healing parses are virtually meaningless. Without accounting for absorbs and cures, a stat sheet doesn't even hold the capability to show off a good healer performing in that way.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-28-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

On the one hand, if no one thinks you're good you won't get targeted much in puri given the low healing amount.

On the other hand, anyone worth their salt realizes what puris brings to the table so you're still going to be a target.

On the third hand (somehow), puris at least have good defensive capabilities in that situation.

On the fourth hand (this is getting...out of hand), if mitigated damage is added to the leaderboard defiler is going to get nerfed again.
    Last edited by Stirby; 12-28-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

I don't know if he originated the phrase, but Mike Ditka once said "performance statistics were invented so losers can have something to brag about."

Too many Rifters pore over leaderboards, when all they indicate is time played (with the exception of "consecutive killing blows", which indicates the presence of a pocket healer.)

Rift Disciple

I play Inquisitor, and my gf runs Sentinel. She's by far the most effective PvP healer I've played with. Granted, that's probably because she knows my habits and can anticipate my actions, but still. On the other hand, I usually try to burn down Puris as top priority, because their shields can make another healer damn near unkillable.

I highly agree about the need for more data on the scoreboards though. Not just for determining who is objectively the best in a WF, but to determine what I need to work on to get on that level.
    Dagnara@Seastone <Just Cause> - P85 Cleric

Retired:
    Imez Yiu <Xanit K'ven> - AoC HoX, VG Psionicist, EQ Illusionist

Quote Originally Posted by Stirby View Post
    On the one hand, if no one thinks you're good you won't get targeted much in puri given the low healing amount.

On the other hand, anyone worth their salt realizes what puris brings to the table so you're still going to be a target.

On the third hand (somehow), puris at least have good defensive capabilities in that situation.

On the fourth hand (this is getting...out of hand), if mitigated damage is added to the leaderboard defiler is going to get nerfed again.
    This ^. Stirby's first hand nailed it. Careful what you wish for.

Ascendant

I run sent exclusively in pvp. 58 sent, 4 puri, rest in warden. It's a slightly different spec then 61 for more aoe heals granted by warden and a crit increase chance.

Puri is a great soul, and with the instant cast mastery the shielding plus healing might even rival a sents straight up heals (absorbs added) with the added bonus of pre shielding being a great advantage.

That being said sent is harder to kill in wfs solo then a puri. I kill puris a lot easier because the inevitable time casting required, which is interruptible and, in the case of my NB, it will also debilitate you to death. Even my sent can counter such tactics due to healing flare from puri into auto cast heavier heals, giving players nothing to interrupt. I can survive a long time even with insta casting such as this as well as keep other players alive.

I agree absorbs should be on the board. Although, in the end, you will find what Stirby already mentioned. I was a forerunner asking for defiler nerfs about ~1 year before it finally got nerfed, and rightfully so. They didn't nerf the main link down to 15% like I suggested though (just use math if all heals are nerfed by X %, the main mitigating mechanic of a "healing soul" should be equally nerfed. I'd settle for 15% though and leave it at that. 15, 10, 5, 5 (leave it at 5).

I think you would also find that certain souls have really good absorb shields, although a smart player can already look on the board and see, for example, a pyro sitting in the back and living a long time with 200k damage taken, 50k heals received, and 0 deaths, with no puris on the other team. My inquis spec also has two absorb shields, one from druid 2 points and a castable one from defiler. I end up with a lot of damage taken with lower healing received compared to deaths, meaning I'm shielding a lot of that damage. I'd like to see some tank specs that output good dps shield mitigation as well. Some warrior specs work very well despite the melee crisis.

dbe
    General of Telara

I feel like even looking at the leader board is proof you have some kind of OCD. IMO disable the leader board and maybe people will try and win the warfront.

Ascendant

V
    Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    I feel like even looking at the leader board is proof you have some kind of OCD. IMO disable the leader board and maybe people will try and win the warfront.
    Leaderboard stats are important to experienced players. One simple example is to figure out which enemy player is healing the most ST, which is doing the aoe, and you can always look for the puri by their ability mechanics or when tons of shields go up on targets. Same with dps/kbs.

Heck I can even look at leaderboards and tell you whose ganking in the corner and whose pockethealed/who to avoid until the very last. I can go on about reading stats and why a leaderboard is a good clue while still in the wf. I also use leaderboard to determine what I should play. Just because you have four healers on your team doesnt mean they are any good for example.

Unless of course you are one of those that never label healers. I utilize leaderboards to try and win.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-30-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    My inquis spec also has two absorb shields, one from druid 2 points and a castable one from defiler..
    Uhm rofl, you do realize that Husk of Indifference is an absorb for Defiler links only, right? lol

Prophet of Telara

As for leaderboards, I wish they can break it down more. What warfronts, time played in certain warfronts, etc. I would also like to see a tab for purges, cleanse, that kind of things.

I know Trion has that info, I dont know about you guys but I would like to see more. As a person mentioned, it will only make us a better player.

Trion, Give us some info. Dont worry about hurting people's feelings. I want to know how to become a better player. Ans let us know our ELO.

Enough with this secret stuff, How can i better myself or help others if i dont know what your criteria is?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Uhm rofl, you do realize that Husk of Indifference is an absorb for Defiler links only, right? lol
    ahh, didn't realize that. Just read the tooltip that says intercepted damage. Tricky if you just read it fast (as in it intercepts damage, not the mechanic).

Doesn't really matter overall, I never really took defiler for my inq build for the husk, although that saves me a point. I mostly take it for the heal dot and cleanse for when I los players and cleanse my dots and heal myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    ahh, didn't realize that. Just read the tooltip that says intercepted damage. Tricky if you just read it fast (as in it intercepts damage, not the mechanic).
    Not really tricky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast