+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 75% of WFs u join are halfwa done on losing team coz of quitters

Default 75% of WFs u join are halfwa done on losing team coz of quitters

Hail all, merry Christmas
    huge problem i've noticed in random wfs last 2 weeks, u can play wfs 6 hrs say 4am til 10am, 4pm il 10m, doesn't matter, out of say 30 wfs u only get 6 or 7 which are a fair wf from the START the other 24 are u r thrown in at 100pts vs 600pts, and 0 heal vs 8 mill heal, 2 hks vs 87 hk, no bases taken vs full bases taken, coz of ppl BAILING,
    I even try join with friends or guild mates, thinking it wud be harder for Trion to throw us all into a losing wf, but no, has no effect, exact same, all of us thrown into wfs on losing team halfway thru, coz of SO MANY ppl BAILINg coz there is NO DETERRENT. Plz make Bailing on wfs a 3 HOUR Ascended Disgrace Buff then they'd stiuck around.

I appreciate the fact that the match making system is absolutely disgracefully laudable and that you have Preset teams farming Pugs non stop, and also for some reason even PuG vs Pug Trion will put 5 Healers on 1 team, and Zero on other team 90% of time, so this makes ppl bail, i don't mind a losing wf halfway thru now and again maybe 1 per 1hour but...but it's no fun when in 6 hrs u have 25/.30 wfs every day u come in and its already a loss match decided.

end of rant. spin on

There is absolutely no incentive to stay. I never left or quit a wf once pre 3.0. Now I cringe when I get a blight chamber pop. It's not fun for me to sit in blight chamber wondering around for XX minutes waiting for the inevitable loss.

Before, even if I lost, I would at least be earning prest/favor. Now I don't care as much about favor as I do about winning.

These fae quest only exacerbate the problem and people are only in it for the win now.

They really need to lower the score/timer for that map (among others). A majority of people agree that it would solve a lot of problems with early leaving etc but the devs just wont listen. Or probably they are listening and think of the warfronts as convenient time sinks.

3 hours? That's harsh.

In truth, punishing players for not enjoying the content of a game is a pretty lame way to fix things. When it's entertainment, the carrot is always a better method than the stick. If you punish players too harshly, you'll just have half the PVPers switch to another game for hours at a time. That doesn't seem like a good idea. A 10 minute disgrace period seems about right to me. It's just annoying enough to make me think twice before leaving, but not so strict that I'm forced to quit playing for the afternoon.

Anyway, most players leave when they see there's not a chance in hell of a win. Once people start to port out of there, you've probably already lost. Sure, we've all seen amazing comeback wins, but they're rare.

It's kind of mind-boggling that, even after all this time, one team can still get 3 people on heals while the other team has none.

Champion

You might have got yourself from zero prestige to 100 but it means nothing now. It is tied into nothing so once you have done your marks runs there is nothing to make you stay and spend real time.

AFKs are there for the kills towards weeklies. Premades run riot ..cos Trion loves them bless their little cotton socks. Pugs are fodder despite the fact they are paying customers .. premades should be in CQ and not warfronts.

Same goes for REDS in PVE. People I see seem to be leaving the game or cutting playing time down drastically.

Ascendant

Why would people stay when:

1. Most matches is unbalanced due to premades and lack of healers on one side.
    2. Most maps last way too long. (like bad map design wasnt enough)

People are not going to waste 10-15min of their life being farmed by zerg of pocket healed Pyro's and Inq's. Maps should last max 8min.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Champion

If maps lasted 8 minutes no one could turn things around.. if you don't want to be there then don't play pvp.

Yes, some warfronts may be lopsided, but I just fight.

The Indianapolis Colts and my high school football team have one thing in common...they fight for 4 quarters. Regardless of whether we're down by 7 points or down by 56, they fight til the final whistle.

I got bitten by the strategy and adopted their playing style for video games. In fact, it's our fight to the end that ALMOST got my team a tie yesterday in KR (if we had 30 more seconds, we would've pulled off the tie.)

So, fight for the miracle. We almost got that miracle in KR, and although we lost, every single one of us was very happy, which is rare for someone who loses.

To close, I'd like to reference a line from the Official 2014 World Cup song, "We Are One (Ole Ola)" by Pitbull: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

Edit: For those who are wondering, the score was 2-1.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 12-28-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Yes, some warfronts may be lopsided, but I just fight.

The Indianapolis Colts and my high school football team have one thing in common...they fight for 4 quarters. Regardless of whether we're down by 7 points or down by 56, they fight til the final whistle.

I got bitten by the strategy and adopted their playing style for video games. In fact, it's our fight to the end that ALMOST got my team a tie yesterday in KR (if we had 30 more seconds, we would've pulled off the tie.)

So, fight for the miracle. We almost got that miracle in KR, and although we lost, every single one of us was very happy, which is rare for someone who loses.

To close, I'd like to reference a line from the Official 2014 World Cup song, "We Are One (Ole Ola)" by Pitbull: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

Edit: For those who are wondering, the score was 2-1.
    In real life games, the team is qualified and there's something tangible to win. Internet games have players from all ages and skill levels playing for play money.

No way can you compare gaming to any real life game.

Default So lame

First of all the % of WF's you get thrown into that are lopsided are very few, our group gets in them and even more rarely are they so far gone they can not be turned around. Its AWESOME fun to be thrown into a wf down 100 points and turn it around and win .. sometimes you do sometimes you don't but its like a speed round.

Secondly - their is no excuse for lopsided heals ... every class has a viable healing soul if your in a raid with 15 people and they all see "O dam we have no heals" and nobody switched . you DESERVE to get farmed. That said ... ive been on teams that won the library for example with no heals .. just constant picking up urns and killing opposing carriers ... granted that's the exception but still ... if you see no healers .. and decide not to switch .. well who's fault is that?

Lastly ... I wont heal if Im not in a group ... why ? Because nobody peels ... nobody protects the healer who if they spec for max heals has no means of getting a dps off them .. and 99% of the people in the game see the healer getting beat on and don't stop what they are doing to go peel .. conversely when our group runs together .. all the dps are vigilant if anyone is on the healer BAM focus them down .. simple enough but never happens in a non premade so yeah .. I see why people don't want to heal .. but then don't complain that there are no heals .. cant have it both ways.

The real answer is to make friends and run 2 heals 2 dps and a dom ;)

WF's need spectator lobbys.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Default Side note

Incidentally - Healing is so not fun in pvp in this game that we don't even ask the same people to heal all night ... nobody enjoys it and its just a **** job that needs doing so we usually rotate every few wf's and people will swap in and out of dps / heal specs so everyone has an enjoyable evening.

If they wanted to make healing more attractive they would give healers more fears / ports / healing via dps like chloro something .. anything .. other than just mashing your designated heal at the designated raid box ... that's just not fun.

Rift Disciple

Until they fix antechamber i would rather take the 15 minute disgrace than endure a 17-20 minute boring game where even a super one-sided team still takes almost full time to end it.

At least with karthan ridge if it's one-sided it ends quickly but sometimes when a game of karthan ridge goes to full time it's an epic battle where the winner could go either way and super intensive it's fun even if you lose.

Port scion can take awhile too but it's a great map and can be won either by pve (running stones) or pvp (killing enemy team's boss) and actually requires some organizing and teamwork. Killing the enemy team's leader has been made quite a bit easier now than in SL days due to the numbering now.

An easy fix for antechamber is to reduce score to 500 or double the points per flag capture from 50 to 100 and slightly increase the points for holding the points. The map itself is perfectly fine it's just way too drawn out as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    First of all the % of WF's you get thrown into that are lopsided are very few, our group gets in them and even more rarely are they so far gone they can not be turned around. Its AWESOME fun to be thrown into a wf down 100 points and turn it around and win .. sometimes you do sometimes you don't but its like a speed round.

Secondly - their is no excuse for lopsided heals ... every class has a viable healing soul if your in a raid with 15 people and they all see "O dam we have no heals" and nobody switched . you DESERVE to get farmed. That said ... ive been on teams that won the library for example with no heals .. just constant picking up urns and killing opposing carriers ... granted that's the exception but still ... if you see no healers .. and decide not to switch .. well who's fault is that?

Lastly ... I wont heal if Im not in a group ... why ? Because nobody peels ... nobody protects the healer who if they spec for max heals has no means of getting a dps off them .. and 99% of the people in the game see the healer getting beat on and don't stop what they are doing to go peel .. conversely when our group runs together .. all the dps are vigilant if anyone is on the healer BAM focus them down .. simple enough but never happens in a non premade so yeah .. I see why people don't want to heal .. but then don't complain that there are no heals .. cant have it both ways.

The real answer is to make friends and run 2 heals 2 dps and a dom ;)
    I actually was down by 100 points, overcame it and won by over 400 just two days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post
    3 hours? That's harsh.

In truth, punishing players for not enjoying the content of a game is a pretty lame way to fix things. When it's entertainment, the carrot is always a better method than the stick. If you punish players too harshly, you'll just have half the PVPers switch to another game for hours at a time. That doesn't seem like a good idea. A 10 minute disgrace period seems about right to me. It's just annoying enough to make me think twice before leaving, but not so strict that I'm forced to quit playing for the afternoon.

Anyway, most players leave when they see there's not a chance in hell of a win. Once people start to port out of there, you've probably already lost. Sure, we've all seen amazing comeback wins, but they're rare.

It's kind of mind-boggling that, even after all this time, one team can still get 3 people on heals while the other team has none.
    you seem to be ignorant of an important feature of the disgrace debuff. it does not tick down while you are logged out.
    so player (and its mostly PvEers doing the quitting/AFKing) effected by the disgrace cant just log out and play another game while the debuff ticks down.
    he can log out, but when he returns the debuff will still be there, still at the same point it was when he logged out.

in my opinion, 10 minutes is too short for the debuff. an hour minimum should be the starting point.
    nor should the disgrace be limited to warfronts. with the variety of daily/weekly tasks available in Rift, its no problem to quit a warfront and go farm an expert or zone event.
    I'd like to see the debuff not only stop quitters from re-queuing warfronts, but experts and IAs too (or any other instanced content) (the debuff also needs to be fixed so quitters cant bypass it by partying with another player and having them do the queuing) (IAs are also in need of a vote kick or afk marking option, as this is another instance of AFKers leaching off the efforts of others) (AFK marking in warfronts also need to be made more effective. the current system doesn't work at best, and at its worst it is a "cure" that is even worse than the disease it is meant to treat).
    I'd go even further to add that disgraced players earn no currency while the debuff is active. no void stones/abyssal marks/ect ect.

quitters ruin the game not just for the players they leave behind, but also for the player that is then thrown into a losing match to replace them. they are, to put it bluntly, selfish scum. they should not be treated lightly in a social game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Until they fix antechamber i would rather take the 15 minute disgrace than endure a 17-20 minute boring game where even a super one-sided team still takes almost full time to end it.
    Wait... wait. It's only a 15 disgrace? Really?

Screw that. I'll take that over a 20 min bore fest any time. I'm gonna be jumping on that bandwagon now. It's not like you can't do anything. Chances are you are outside running around hitting events and tagging them. Or at least in between matches. Sitting around for 15 mins when you are obviously going to lose with no gain. Or 15 mins outside tagging bosses and events for sparkles. No brainer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast