+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nothing, Sergeant, Just Scaring the Guards...

Default Nothing, Sergeant, Just Scaring the Guards...

Let me explain:

In Blighted Antechamber, I managed to freak out a HK Conqueror-in-Training. Twice.

The first time, I was asked to create a diversion at the Defiant-controlled Spire so the Defiants would call off the attack on the Blind Alley.

I leaped onto the Spire, and pressed the button for Infernal Torrent. When I did, the result was spectacular. The HK member spilled his drink, then while playing the game with one hand and cleaning up the mess in his lap with the other, drove his character over the edge of the Spire.

A teammate of mine who was sent to back me up saw the HK member falling down to earth, and told the leaders, "I think Ol' Shed has got the situation under control without my help. I request permission to go get flag." <For those who are curious, permission was granted.

In actuality, up top, they did kill me, but that wouldn't be the end of it.

Towards the end of the match, sheer curiosity got the best of me and I went off for the Spire again. Leaping up onto the Spire, I again freaked out the guards. This time the HK member jumped in his chair slightly and he sent his cat flying. In the chaos, he again drove the character off the Spire and fell to earth.

We won by over 400 points.

So, my question is...did I just find a new strategy for my "Ascended Strategies?"

Well, what do you guys think?

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?

I doubt I was the player you were referring too, but..

I use spire as the gateway to and from every part of the map.
    when you don't have the flag, it is simply faster to jump to the spire and drop down to where you want to be.
    its also the easiest way to the top of the hedges.

just because someone left the spire at the same time you arrived, doesn't really mean their departure actually had anything to do with your arrival.

also, the spire is mostly pointless to the outcome of the match. any team that calls off an attack on a side flag just to ensure the security of the spire deserves to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

My favorite strat was the ol use my charge with an off-DR root right when someone hits a JP. Always stopped them mid air and dropped them flat in the middle of where they don't want to be. That was the most fun thing next to play the hokey pokey with the flag against melee players near JPs.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

My favourite strat on this map is called "Soul Recal". This map is just and should be removed from random queue.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Rifts 2 best designed maps are most disliked. This demographic just doesn't do well with intricacy.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Rifts 2 best designed maps are most disliked. This demographic just doesn't do well with intricacy.
    Agreed, except I would consider there to be 3 intricately designed maps. Aside from antichamber and port scion, there's also one other map that actually tops them both on intricacy so far, ghar station. It's simple to those who think they know what they're doing. But to everyone else, I don't think anyone has figured it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I doubt I was the player you were referring too, but..

I use spire as the gateway to and from every part of the map.
    when you don't have the flag, it is simply faster to jump to the spire and drop down to where you want to be.
    its also the easiest way to the top of the hedges.

just because someone left the spire at the same time you arrived, doesn't really mean their departure actually had anything to do with your arrival.

also, the spire is mostly pointless to the outcome of the match. any team that calls off an attack on a side flag just to ensure the security of the spire deserves to lose.
    Hey, Kronos, nice to see your smiling face around here...

Anyway, no, you were not the person I was referring to. This took place in the 60-64 bracket. And even then, I don't recall a combatant named Purrfection during the Warfront...

Now, about the Spire...I have to agree it is pretty pointless...unless you can follow this dastardly tactic.

In my first ever Antechamber match, back when tactics for the map were still being worked out, one of the sins had a devious little tactic that he used in every Antechamber. First he took the Spire, then grabbed the flag and brought it up to the Spire, where he was surrounded by guards. He kept doing this and won matches for over 3 months. However, his little trick came to an end during one match where he not only fell prey to 3 pyros casting Fusilade (back when it was as powerful as heck), he was killed thrice before he could even get the flag up to the Spire.

But I have to agree, unless you can get an advantage and sneak the flag up there, Spire is pointless. 2 points a tick compared with 3 for the Blind Alley and the Cul-de-sac doesn't help.

The only real point to the Spire, if you follow the above sins tactic, is to give me the opportunity to say, "Cowards. All in favor of killing Greenscale, say I."

Quote Originally Posted by Mintyman View Post
    Agreed, except I would consider there to be 3 intricately designed maps. Aside from antichamber and port scion, there's also one other map that actually tops them both on intricacy so far, ghar station. It's simple to those who think they know what they're doing. But to everyone else, I don't think anyone has figured it out yet.
    Ahh, Ghar would be the one released after I stopped playing .
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Have you played Antichamber as a dwarf?
    Low camera angles combined with a maze with variable terrain height make for some severe annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Hey, Kronos, nice to see your smiling face around here...

Anyway, no, you were not the person I was referring to. This took place in the 60-64 bracket. And even then, I don't recall a combatant named Purrfection during the Warfront...

Now, about the Spire...I have to agree it is pretty pointless...unless you can follow this dastardly tactic.

In my first ever Antechamber match, back when tactics for the map were still being worked out, one of the sins had a devious little tactic that he used in every Antechamber. First he took the Spire, then grabbed the flag and brought it up to the Spire, where he was surrounded by guards. He kept doing this and won matches for over 3 months. However, his little trick came to an end during one match where he not only fell prey to 3 pyros casting Fusilade (back when it was as powerful as heck), he was killed thrice before he could even get the flag up to the Spire.

But I have to agree, unless you can get an advantage and sneak the flag up there, Spire is pointless. 2 points a tick compared with 3 for the Blind Alley and the Cul-de-sac doesn't help.

The only real point to the Spire, if you follow the above sins tactic, is to give me the opportunity to say, "Cowards. All in favor of killing Greenscale, say I."
    you cant actually carry the flag onto the spire. there is an invisible force field around it that only blocks flag carriers. best you can do carry it up to the top of one of the side ramps.
    it would be effortless to kick a carrier off one of those ramps, away from his heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread