+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Warrior state in pvp?

Soulwalker

Default Warrior state in pvp?

Returning player, wondering how warrior is at 65 for pvp wise? or should i roll a something else?

Rift Disciple

Atrocius, don't waste your time unless you want to set something up for a future patch when they do get fixed.

If you like rogue you got physician, best healer and overall soul in pvp right now and has been since it was first released.

As for cleric you got inquisitor and mage you got pyromancer and dominator.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberellium View Post
    Atrocius, don't waste your time unless you want to set something up for a future patch when they do get fixed.

If you like rogue you got physician, best healer and overall soul in pvp right now and has been since it was first released.

As for cleric you got inquisitor and mage you got pyromancer and dominator.
    i saw they reintroduced misses/dodges - cause you equip hit gear to make up for it like you could when the game was first released?

fzf
    Telaran

hit gear and runes do not work in pvp

i'll resist a single pyro/inquisitor spell maybe once every 10+ warfronts. i'll dodge a warrior/rogue ability every single warfront (including interrupts/stuns/debilitates/slows/roots).

I'll try to give you a useful answer. Warrior has a couple of souls that are working out for pvp right now. Paragon being the best. It isn't the FOTM right now, but if you're a good melee player you can make it work.

Most people are complaining about the nerf to Warlord. It was much easier to play than Paragon is.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Im the King View Post
    Returning player, wondering how warrior is at 65 for pvp wise? or should i roll a something else?
    For ranged class you have Tempest as a Warrior which is significantly worse than Inquisitor and Pyro.

For Melee Warrior has Paragon which has crap survivability and only performs about as well as an Assassin but without the slipaway and perma stealth.

For healing Warrior has Liberator which is terrible.

Void Knight is useful in Conquest, worthless everywhere else.

Warrior is undeniably in the worst position in the game for PvP viability and Vladd has yet to announce any changes that sound like they'd improve the situation. So if you're hoping for a patch to make Warrior viable I'm guessing you'll have a wait of a year or more.

I vote for re-rolling Cleric. It has a different developer than the Warrior/Rogue developer and has consistently had a good standing in the game without the up and downs just about every other class sees between patches.
    Last edited by Kenjitamura; 12-26-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Ascendant

Paragon / VK hybrid is pretty good and pretty tank, lot's of decent CC as well. Other than that you can do some BM or Tempest, thought not as OP as Inq or Pyro.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Shield of Telara

Warriors are in an ok place. Paragon performs well so long as you work as a team and can put some serious hurt on. Tempest is a little bit weak compared to inq and pyro, but during wavelength has just enough killing power. Vkpara kind of replaced old warlord for front line tanking, and warlord itself is a little weak. Reaver is underwhelming but can hybrid decently. Liberator is the best raid healer in the game.

In regards to vs other classes, seems like you don't have to work as hard to get the same results, so I can't really say warrior is especially powerful atm
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

fine if you can play para and have a pocket, or if you want to heal as lib. pretty terrible otherwise. melee in general is in a bad spot. someone told me daglar's answer to why melee was getting ****ed in pvp during his q&a in margle palace a few days ago was to address the question to kervik since he's responsible for the recent pyro and inq changes, so i guess we know who to blame.
    Last edited by ecru; 12-26-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Your results at 65 may vary but at the moment, playing a warrior while getting to 65 boils down to one consistent thing. In the past each role has had a calling or two that if/when you are having some bad luck and want just one good WF, you can strap them on and crank a few solid matches out.

Warrior is currently lacking that calling, and no matter how skilled or how hard you try you will lose. It followed along the lines of the old "don't bring a knife to a gun fight" saying, where warriors didn't bring a knife.. they were handed a spoon and told to "/deal with it."

if they returned warlords pre patch soul gifts - stam res- damage, that would give warriors some much much need survivability and some hybrids options in pvp.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    if they returned warlords pre patch soul gifts - stam res- damage, that would give warriors some much much need survivability and some hybrids options in pvp.
    Scratch the Warlord should be a tank idea and bring Everything is a Weapon back to 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Scratch the Warlord should be a tank idea and bring Everything is a Weapon back to 25%.
    pre patch warlord had both....

pre patch warlord was not a tank,it was a hybrid/ sturdy dps and it filled its role perfect.i said this long before the change went live-it will kill warriors in pvp and most of there hybrids,we all know how live is atm. making warlord into a dps soul like para-champ-rb- except para does more burst was beyond dumb.why do warriors need 4+ souls that are all the same but one "para" is still better?add in reaver changes and you get what we see on live.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

you need gear and a pocket healer and you'll be fine. Ask naked and cup.

I was on my cleric alt and saw Butkus in a warfront last night. His warlord spec has been nerfed to the ground.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast