+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What's wrong with Faction? pic inside

Soulwalker

Default What's wrong with Faction? pic inside

I know there are other post about this but... How do people earn so much faction?

Keep in mind while reading: I made the least favor on my team.
    • It clearly isn't from objectives. In this Ghar Station game the three people with the most pickups and time caring the Deadly Rune have 3 of the 4 lowest Favor. The person with the second highest favor didn't even pick up a Deadly Rune once and he/she received twice as much favor.
    • What about kills/deaths? Well, I tied for top kills so that couldn't be it. I died 4 times and that's because I picked up the Deadly Rune 4 times. Note: someone else died 7 times and they are in 3rd in favor.
    • So then it must be damage dealt. Nope, I had the most damage dealt. By a lot. 40% more damage then the next highest person. In addition, I did nearly 7 times more damage than the person with the most favor.
    • That only leaves healing done. Unlikely, I was third highest in healing output. The person with the most healing placed third to last. That's a slap in the face to pvp healers.
    You can look through the other stats, like kills on people caring the objective, killing blows, damage taken, etc. You'll find similar results to the above. People with low performance earning high favor. I don't understand how someone earns more than double the favor of the people who carried the team to a win.

Does anyone else experience this? It isn't correlated to level from what I've seen. I do most of my leveling in pvp, from the bottom of the bracket through to the next.

TLDR: Why do people with low performance earn 2x the favor of people that carry the team.

http://i60.tinypic.com/711jwn.jpg

You did not consider all factors that could contribute to favor gains.

Accepting a quest reward that gives favor while still in a WF instance will literally add the favor to your column. Also, there are potions and with their potential give you a spectrum of players who gain favor at the typical base rate with 0% modifications to people with 160%+ vials running earning - as you put it - almost double the amount of favor as someone who isn't running such a vial.

Not to try and poke too much fun but, you considered all these potentials and didn't consider the large array of % based favor boosting consumables?
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-21-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

patrons receive a passive bonus to favour
    reaching set milestones of loyalty on the rift store (money spent) gives a passive buff to favour (that increases with each milestone)
    as already mentioned, there are favour vials that ranged from 40% to 160% (and stack with other buffs)

but in the long run, favour is mostly meaningless. used to purchase inferior consumables and cheap upgrade components. you'll find yourself capped more often than empty of favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You did not consider all factors that could contribute to favor gains.

Accepting a quest reward that gives favor while still in a WF instance will literally add the favor to your column. Also, there are potions and with their potential give you a spectrum of players who gain favor at the typical base rate with 0% modifications to people with 160%+ vials running earning - as you put it - almost double the amount of favor as someone who isn't running such a vial.

Not to try and poke too much fun but, you considered all these potentials and didn't consider the large array of % based favor boosting consumables?
    Good point.

So I pose you this question: statistically I was at least in the top 3 performers depending on what stat you look at. Does that mean the other 10 player all had either a consumable active or quest completion? While that is possible, I think it's unlikely.

I don't mean to come of as complaining; I actually want to know what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    patrons receive a passive bonus to favour
    reaching set milestones of loyalty on the rift store (money spent) gives a passive buff to favour (that increases with each milestone)
    as already mentioned, there are favour vials that ranged from 40% to 160% (and stack with other buffs)

but in the long run, favour is mostly meaningless. used to purchase inferior consumables and cheap upgrade components. you'll find yourself capped more often than empty of favour.
    Makes sense. Thank you.
    Last edited by Resign; 12-21-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

People have often wanted favor to be some kind of indicator of overall performance. There have been several guesses towards that end, involving many of the various stats on the board. But I'm sorry OP, favor isn't distributed based on any kind of performance factor.

It's going to be largely equal, with the exception of

Those who win will get more

Those with patron will get more

Those with vials will get more

Those who have been in the current match longer than others will get more
    (always careful about comparing anything against players who arrived later/earlier than you)

Those with quests will get more

There may be a couple i'm forgetting, but performance isn't one of them. I know, I'd like it to be that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Resign View Post
    Good point.

So I pose you this question: statistically I was at least in the top 3 performers depending on what stat you look at. Does that mean the other 10 player all had either a consumable active or quest completion? While that is possible, I think it's unlikely.
    Key word being "think". It's more likely than you think. This game is flooded with people who let their wallet play their game.

Small disparity can come from someone getting more personal accolades (accolade favor is shared, but the person who triggered it gets a bit more of the scoop I think). But when you are talking about gaining 50 - 100% more favor than someone flat out - you are dealing with % based bonuses aimed at favor gain. And as I said, when you see ridiculously high amounts of favor compared to every one else, you often are viewing someone who opened their daily reward inside a WF. I don't know what figures are in 3.0 but, prior, I could be even favor with someone, but if at the end I had a daily and I accepted the rewards before leaving the WF, I'd have appeared to have gained a flat out ~2000+ more favor.

In essence what I am saying is, nothing magical is going on. It's just passive bonuses and moments people accept favor quests that create this wide range of "favor gained" within the same players on a team in a match.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-21-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    This game is flooded with people who let their wallet play their game.
    That's the answer.

It's ok though. This is a good game and Rift has to make money somehow.

Guild perk can also add another 9% additional favor in addition to what already had been mentioned.

the real question is why do you use tinypic and not imgur?

Plane Walker

The real question is why does it matter. They changed favor so there is next to no use for it.... I have been capped on favor for the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    The real question is why does it matter. They changed favor so there is next to no use for it.... I have been capped on favor for the last month.
    You don't have 50+ merc vials and 40+ upgrade pieces in the bank?

Maybe favor now comes from doing pve stuff, just like most things do.
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

Quote Originally Posted by Resign View Post
    That's the answer.

It's ok though. This is a good game and Rift has to make money somehow.
    Somehow. Too bad there's more than 1 way to skin a cat and they choose the most painful one.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    You don't have 50+ merc vials and 40+ upgrade pieces in the bank?
    What is the point of buying more then you can spend/use?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshi View Post
    What is the point of buying more then you can spend/use?
    What's the point of staying capped at 300k favor?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast