+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wow the new patch is a S

Soulwalker

Default Wow the new patch is a S

I am back playing recently and I found a really disgusting situation.
    All the old players pvp, have left the game.
    The pvp gear was removed and found myself almost without equipment.
    (So, I have wasted my time to raise this gear, to play decently against the other player pvp)
    And I find all this wasted for other players who did not want to raise their pvp gear.
    All the people who said that the pvp was unbalanced, were people who had never done a game against other players or who had only the first tier of armor pvp.
    People who had no thumbs and they used skill while standing still, people who were not able to play because they did not understand the difference of pve and pvp.
    (however, I do not see any improvement in pvp, indeed it has become even more unbalanced)
    So trion, excellent business strategy, delete all the old players to facilitate new player.
    I'd like to know what you think others, because I would understand if I am the only one to have noticed this.
    (sorry for my bad english)

Yeah... It's FUBAR!

There is 3 differences between now and before 3.0

1. Much lower gear disparity
    2. PvP heroes left the game (Good riddance)
    3. Exploits are now more noticeable because of how balance is finally starting to show it's face in PvP.

The only reason people are saying it's imbalanced is because those people are bad players who only relied on their Myrmydon gear.
    And again, good riddance to all the "old PvP players". There is enough bad players in this game as it is, at least now there is less PvP heroes.

All of you who think the people who left were any good are simply wrong.
    They left because they can't adapt to the changes.
    A real PvPer will learn and adapt.
    A bad one will complain and jump ship as soon as he can.

This is easy to see from all the people rerolling the FOTM or changing games when they lose their advantage.

In this case: They lost their Myrmydon godmode so they left.

Is 3.0 perfect? Absolutely not! But it is much better for PvP than what Rift ever gave us.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-17-2014 at 01:16 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    That's a flimsy soapbox. No one has complained about the lack of disparity. It's been about the way to get that gear.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-17-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Plane Walker

As I have said many times, the quality of PvP is extremely low. This I'd because of two things. The experienced PvPers leaving and the influx of people who never PvPed attempting to PvP. The first one makes me sad and concerned, but the second one makes me optimistic.

Hopefully when the new PvPers learn how to do WFS and CQ the quality of PvP will surpass what it was previously, because we have more players invloved (the good thing about gear unification), but this means the new players will have to hold up their end by learning what to do.

I don't know how many "rage tells" I have received because I don't take the time and explain CQ to the new players while I am busy leading CQ, yet I have not received one tell asking about what to do when CQ is not going on. It would only be the smart thing to do to ask/watch YouTube videos/read forums/simply educate yourself before you start to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Epilos View Post
    (So, I have wasted my time to raise this gear, to play decently against the other player pvp)
    And I find all this wasted for other players who did not want to raise their pvp gear.
    All the people who said that the pvp was unbalanced, were people who had never done a game against other players or who had only the first tier of armor pvp.
    People who had no thumbs and they used skill while standing still, people who were not able to play because they did not understand the difference of pve and pvp.
    (however, I do not see any improvement in pvp, indeed it has become even more unbalanced)
    So trion, excellent business strategy, delete all the old players to facilitate new player.
    I'd like to know what you think others, because I would understand if I am the only one to have noticed this.
    19th time this thread has been created. Thanks.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TehBigCarp View Post
    19th time this thread has been created. Thanks.
    Sorry but I have only recently returned to play

3. Exploits are now more noticeable because of how balance is finally starting to show it's face in PvP.

The only reason people are saying it's imbalanced is because those people are bad players who only relied on their Myrmydon gear.
    And again, good riddance to all the "old PvP players". There is enough bad players in this game as it is, at least now there is less PvP heroes.

This is easy to see from all the people rerolling the FOTM or changing games when they lose their advantage.

Is 3.0 perfect? Absolutely not! But it is much better for PvP than what Rift ever gave us.
    So you're telling me that the pvp heroes, were a bad thing? they are simple people doing pvp and it was not impossible to get to their level, I started much later than any other pvp player and I arrived safely at their level.
    This thing is just for people who want everything now

They left because they got lives. There is no time to grind PvE for 50 hours a week.

Before 3.0 - log in>do 3-4 warfronts\do cq premade>have a laugh in guild chat>log off till next time. U get marks for wich u buy gear that u know u want. Time efficient.

Now - endless pve weeklys\dailys\dungeons\raids etc etc. U grind dungeons till the end of time for RNG drops from last boss to get that piece u want. Time consuming.

Some ppl have only 1 character and a limited time to play.

PS: I'm one of those who stayed. I'm telling u that Wf's atm are like brainless cattle to the slaughter compared to pre 3.0.
    Last edited by Sezex; 12-17-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Soulwalker

They have left not because they did not know fit, but because seeing delete their progress, it is not something even imaginable in a game like that.
    Think if they had eliminated the stat of pve (hit and guard) and people could no longer make even the the smallest dungeon. I would like to see how many would leave the game. (sorry for the double quotes)

triple like

They have left not because they did not know fit, but because seeing delete their progress, it is not something even imaginable in a game like that.
    Think if they had eliminated the stat of pve (hit and guard) and people could no longer make even the the smallest dungeon. I would like to see how many would leave the game. (sorry for the double quotes)
    Please explain me in details how they deleted PvP progression.

Actually don't. Because you're probably going to cry about how you have to do PvE to get any gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex
    They left because they got lives. There is no time to grind PvE for 50 hours a week.

Before 3.0 - log in>do 3-4 warfronts\do cq premade>have a laugh in guild chat>log off till next time. U get marks for wich u buy gear that u know u want. Time efficient.

Now - endless pve weeklys\dailys\dungeons\raids etc etc. U grind dungeons till the end of time for RNG drops from last boss to get that piece u want. Time consuming.

Some ppl have only 1 character and a limited time to play.

PS: I'm one of those who stayed. I'm telling u that Wf's atm are like brainless cattle to the slaughter compared to pre 3.0.
    And how is it any different than before?
    You can log in, do 3-4 warfronts, do a CQ premade, have a laugh in guild chat and then log off. You get marks for which you buy gear that you know you want. Time Efficient.

The grinding is as long as it was for getting Warlord and/or Myrmydon gear, with the same fail Radiant Infinity Cell RNG from CQ.

I'm sorry but no, just no.
    People left, not because they have a life, but because they can't stand that they don't have a clear advantage over other players.

Now that the playfield got leveled, time spent in game provide anyone with something to compete with, they don't like it because they realize they aren't gods walking among mere mortals.

Honestly, if you really think most people are leaving for legit reasons, you are very naive.
    Everyone is an ahole.
    Everyone think they are the best at the game when it's all about disparity and OP FOTM.

But when you actually place them in a situation where they cannot win without being a real seasoned, experienced, skilled PvP veteran, they just jump ship.

Whether you like it or not, the majority of people who left because of PvP changes left because they lost their advantage.
    Last edited by Snap; 12-17-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Now that the playfield got leveled, time spent in game provide anyone with something to compete with, they don't like it because they realize they aren't gods walking among mere mortals.

How does giving an advantage to raiders level the playing field?
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    How does giving an advantage to raiders level the playing field?
    It gives an advantage to the raiders on the long run, but the playfield still go leveled. Everyone was in crappy green and blue gear at the start of 3.0.

It showed a lot of the "PvP players" being terribad and getting stomped by the "PvE players". Not because of gear, but because it doesn't matter if you only do PvP, that doesn't means you are good.
    There is good players that do only PvP, only PvE or both and then there is all the bad players that talk crap and boast about how good they are when it's all in the gear.

And I said it in another thread, they need to down bolster raid gear and make expert level gear the highest non-bolstered gear so Dreambreaker can become the BiS for PvP.

The old system was fair across the board.

This new system is an admitted money grab to sell their high end armor.

Which is why bolstering is never going to work properly because they don't want it to work properly.

Those are the facts, if you like the new system you're probably a raider who has access to the equipment OR your a white knight who has blinded themselves to their new blatant marketing strategy.
    Last edited by Talzoor; 12-17-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

So trion, excellent business strategy, delete all the old players to facilitate new player. I'd like to know what you think others, because I would understand if I am the only one to have noticed this.
    3.0 is effectively a ladder reset. Storm legion was EXACTLY the same, it just was more hidden because you still got to keep all your gear, but if you didn't notice that 90% of your gears effectivness had evaporated... well then, lol. Ladder resets are a cornerstone of MMO's and there's a very important purpose behind them. You can't just keep letting people build the capacity to trump other players who are just as skilled as they are on the basis of something that isn't even remotely related to skill or accomplishments... time. You'll push away new players if you don't give them the merits of their own skill to SOME degree. Don't get me wrong, you can still be brutaly unfair to them in order to let the vets keep dreaming, but you have to keep it in check every once in awhile.

@ Snap:

Of course they removed pvp progression from normal level pvp. I didn't think there was even any controversy about that one? Well and of course that's the reason most people left. It's not the same without a carrot to chase. We're all playing an MMO here so I'd wager most of us understand that. Yeah there's still boxes and such with pieces you can upgrade, but those are more of a consolation prize. I think most PVP and PVE players both agree on this.

That being said, of course you're right about people leaving because they had to fess up to how good they really were when gear disparity went down. A big reason people enjoy MMO's is because they can easily slip in to the dream that the performance of their gear is actually their performance instead. In other words, it allows players who aren't very good at video games in general to imagine that they are. When that bubble pops, yeah some people are going to leave. But the importance of that bubble pales in comparison to the importance having a carrot to chase. That concept is far more powerful. So as right as you may be, you're not nearly as right as you'd like to be.

PVP heros as you put it are often very bored by the idea of just memorizing a bunch of mechanics and then having to constantly pay attention to them. It requires very good attention, determination, and maybe a little energy drink haha. PVE heros are probably a bit unimpressed by the lack of theatrics in PVP and maybe a touch scared of having to engage a little more in the skill department. It can also be frustrating to have to inescapably admit (by watching yourself die) that you lost to someone just because of gear differences. Let's be honest that's lame if it goes too far. Whereas in PVE, if you lose to someone just because of gear difference, you can just take care to never notice it in the first place or imagine it's more unimportant than it is.

PVP and PVE cater to very different mindsets. But when one is given a large advantage over the other in it's own field, what's required at that point wouldn't be referred to as "adapting". It would more commonly be called "giving in" or "working for your addiction".

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for the "unification" of gear and allowing PVP and PVE players to freely cross borders. The unification of gear is common sense. There was no mathematical or logistical reason to ever segregate gear in the first place. Valor and Vengeance don't have to be placed on gear, they can simply be made universal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast